PDA

View Full Version : Gundam ZZ (MAJOR SPOILERS!!)

Newtype Andy
July 25, 2012, 12:21 AM
I just recently finished this series, and I must say, I liked it a lot more than I expected I would. Just figured I'd put a thread out there to discuss it a little.

To start, I'm a bit confused about what happened to Puru Two at the end... Elpeo Puru died, but at the end, it seemed as if the two personalities merged into Puru Two's body at some point after Elpeo Puru kept trying to sway Puru Two to leave Glemy's side, and the voice over even switched over to Elpeo Puru! Am I understanding this correctly?

Also interesting how Char's Counter-attack is often given flak for newtype powers manifesting in a telekinetic form (moving a giant object so it doesn't impact earth) but I noticed Judau combined the parts to form ZZ with his newtype powers at the end of the series, not to mention the crazy power emitted from Mashymre when he went all kamikaze. It was as if ZZ had a psycommu system when it in fact only has a bio-sensor. The end of Zeta had some crazy newtype powers via the bio-sensor, but nothing like this stuff really.

Also, I always figured funnels only worked in Zero G environments until I watched this series. In fact, I'm sure I've read that before somewhere as well. Rose Bits being an exception I had dismissed as G Gundam being G Gundam. Sure enough, Qubeleys dispatched funnels in an environment with gravity numerous times in this series.

Nice to see Kamille does eventually recover mostly, if not entirely.

Oh, and random side note, my cat's name is Puru.

CharAznable
July 25, 2012, 12:29 AM
I'm glad someone else liked this series, too! The only disappointment I had with this series is Judeau never met Amuro, even if just briefly. I was wondering about the funnels, too, it makes sense in space, but to run them for long periods of time in gravity must be stressful on the pilot, if not, then at least the suit.

Exia
July 25, 2012, 12:30 AM
ZZ is the only UC series I like. All the others I basically had to force myself to watch.

Newtype Andy
July 25, 2012, 1:41 AM
ZZ is the only UC series I like. All the others I basically had to force myself to watch.

Awww, I love UC!

Joe
July 25, 2012, 1:47 AM
Okay I haven't read any of this thread and I can't until I watch ZZ but I have a question that I would like the answer PMed to me so I don't risk reading spoilers.

Are the subtitles any good? All I've seen was the first episode which, I guess, is a brief overview to connect Zeta and ZZ. The subtitles for that episode were really hard to follow, but I take it that's just the way it is for a clip episode like that.. is the rest of the series understandable?

Newtype Andy
July 25, 2012, 4:56 AM
PM sent. Basically, "the first episode is a recap of Zeta Gundam and was not remastered," but the rest of the series is and is subtitled rather well.

Zeon's RedComet
July 26, 2012, 4:09 AM

You at least enjoyed the bits with Char at least? Right?

Exia
July 26, 2012, 4:17 AM
You at least enjoyed the bits with Char at least? Right?

Not really, his character development is kinda horrid. He goes from one extreme to the other with zero middle ground. It gets old after a while, I mean there are other Char clones I rate higher than Char himself. I watched it for Zeon. Zeta was alright, alot of the episodes I felt could have be skipped over, minus the Four Murasame parts. And when Axis shows up with Haman. 0080 kinda sucked, NT-1 looked cool but that's about it. 8th MS Team was pretty good, but I liked it again for the Zeon parts and Aina Sahalen. 0083 was a giant clusterf*** in my opinion, some cool parts but not many. Unicorn is just boring for me, decent fight scenes but anything else is filler to me.

***EDIT***

I should've also added, all things considered I am a Char fan. And I did hit play when Char popped up on the screen.

KiraYamato
July 28, 2012, 9:19 AM
ZZ Is what Zeta should have been no problem with Zeta but ZZ was just better