PDA

View Full Version : MG Duel + Blitz

manilamako
July 23, 2012, 5:36 AM
Hello Gundam Forums!

I stopped collecting Gundams years ago, but I remember I had the Wing series Suits, too bad they're gone already. Anyway, a few weeks back I had the itch again and decided to watch the Seed series. I was hooked. Bought these two, and Buster will be next this September :)

Built the Duel, while my brother built the Blitz. Were planning on painting these soon although were still reading up on methods and techniques. I want to pattern my Duel with the War Machine figure I have. How can I get that Matte finish without looking all plasticky? I like the dirty gundam look, but I dont think I can do weathering just yet. I dont have access to an airbrush so I might have a more difficult time achieving what I want.

Anyway, I just wanted to share what we've done and I hope someone can give advices on paint methods. glad to be back in this hobby :) cheers!

thwalker13
July 23, 2012, 7:15 AM
Very nice looking kits man. I think the Duel would look pretty awesome painted up like War Machine. But anyways welcome to forums, hope that you find everything that you need here.

manilamako
July 23, 2012, 9:00 AM
Thanks man! Panel lined the Duel a bit but realized its pretty much a lost cause since Ima be painting over it anyway. And panel lining is pretty hard. You guys make it look so easy, making your own panels is harder than it looks.

I have one complain though with my kit. The hands are pretty much useless. They don't attach to my weapons firmly so I can't really do a dynamic pose with the weapons. And so far this forum has been extremely helpful! Learning a lot, thanks man!

thwalker13
July 23, 2012, 9:15 AM
Panel lining is actually pretty easy if you have a Gundam lining marker. I bought one and it's the best thing I've ever bought for my kits.

I've never tried making my own panel lines. That's a bit out of my expertise. I've watched some videos about it, but not really had the need to try it out yet.

TheMeatheadGeek
December 7, 2012, 2:31 PM
use a matte finish top coat.