PDA

View Full Version : F91

Kenico
July 12, 2011, 1:27 AM
Whats your take on F91 MG model kit? Is it a good addition to any kit or should i pass?

squeam
July 12, 2011, 6:05 AM
F91 is a great looking kit. It has a great amount of detail, tons of weapons, very good articulation, lovely color seperation, and some really cool ideas in the assembly process. That said, it seems to be hit or miss when it comes to being solid. It's a polycap-less kit and that is (mostly) a good thing. However, there have been discrepancies as far as the looseness of joints and how well parts stay attached. To explain, I've seen a lot of people (some of them experienced builders) have some major issues with F91 and it's variants (Harrison's F91, Crossbone X-1 & Full Cloth) when it comes to armor bits spontaneously dislodging and joints that are floppy. I've also seen these kits vehemently defended as the one of the most solid builds ever. I don't know what is the cause of this, whether Bandai had some "good" molds and some not so good ones or maybe it's simply the way people are assembling their kits.

I will say this: it is not the easiest MG to assemble and you need to express some extra care in handling some of the smaller pieces. Personally, my F91 fought me all the way (I actually snapped the first piece I've ever broken while panel lining it), and the assembly, while not the most "fun", was one of the niftiest in terms of engineering. X-1 and even Full Cloth weren't as bad, but still can be frustrating. They all look absolutely incredible, though and I'm so glad I did 'em! I think anyone who enjoys MGs and has a few under their belt ought to have one of these kits.

Kenico
July 12, 2011, 6:29 AM
Thanks for the Tip Squeam ill keep that in mind.

Asterisk
July 12, 2011, 7:49 AM
My Crossbone X-1, like Squeam mentioned, was rock solid APART from it's cloak clasps.

Kenico
July 12, 2011, 7:57 AM
Quite, by the way, thanks for that 411 on the OO Raiser MG kit comin in.

PS: concerning another kit the MG Destiny Gundam, does it have the pegs in the hands or not? thanks to any in advance to respond.

GNzaku0023
July 12, 2011, 10:21 AM
It does have the pegs and it's a fantastic kit. It's one of my favorite MG's that I own.

I also own the Crossbone X-1 and everything is pretty solid except for the waist. It seems to fall apart a lot, and even though we found out this is due to a crack in the plug and fixed it, it still is loose and will come out from time to time.

Asterisk
July 12, 2011, 10:24 AM
GNZ- When I see you later today, bring that with you. I'll see what I can do about fixing it.

GNzaku0023
July 12, 2011, 10:40 AM
Wait... what do you mean see me later today?

Also, forgot to mention that the MG destiny has an extra hand specifically for the Anti-Ship Sword similar to that of HG hands, but it has a peg in it so the sword will stay in place.

SilverFrameAstray
July 12, 2011, 10:44 AM
He means he's coming over today and is in town about now. He'll pick you up and is on the way to ZP. Ima be runnin an errand around 1 so I'll be gone for like an hour.

I have seen GNZ's Destiny firsthand and toyed around and manhandled it. It's extremely solid and just as detailed. If I didn't like Sword Impulse so much more I would probably get one.

GNzaku0023
July 12, 2011, 11:06 AM
A lot of the newer MG's have those pegs and are build using a relatively similar frame. I found a lot of similarities between my MG Deathscythe, Crossbone, Destiny, and Red Frame. The deathscythe of course has different hand, (which I do not like) but all the rest had the pegs. Even a few of my HG models have the pegs which makes me happy (Unicorn, Sazabi, Nu)

squeam
July 12, 2011, 11:08 AM
Anyone else have any probs with the elbows falling off your F91/Crossbone? My F91 is very delicate in that area.

GNzaku0023
July 12, 2011, 1:49 PM
My crossbone's elbows seem to be where the kit is strongest. Although I can see how that would be a problem. They are basically the same concept as the old HG 1/100 Wing Elbows, and those were just terrible.

Kenico
July 12, 2011, 4:21 PM
thanks guys for the 411 on Destiny. im thinking of getting that rather than the iswp kit what do you guys think? btw GNzaku0023, whats your take on deathscythe?

GNzaku0023
July 12, 2011, 7:23 PM
ITS FRIEKEN AWESOME!!! Although I really do hate the manipulators. Sometimes the skirts can fall off, but in all honesty, its a great kit and has a large range of articulation. Definitely worth the money.

Zeta
July 12, 2011, 8:57 PM
One problem with the Crossbone X-1 I have is the Core Fighter. Whenever I put that thing in there, it doesn't want to come out. Sometimes I have to take the body armor off just to get it out. But other than that, the X-1 is one of the most solid kits I've ever built (Mk.II ver. 2.0 is #1).

SilverFrameAstray
July 12, 2011, 9:17 PM
ITS FRIEKEN AWESOME!!! Although I really do hate the manipulators. Sometimes the skirts can fall off, but in all honesty, its a great kit and has a large range of articulation. Definitely worth the money.

I was just informed about the most glorious manipulators in all of existence. Their made by hobby base and they have more articulation in them than a high grade itself.

GNzaku0023
July 12, 2011, 9:57 PM
One problem with the Crossbone X-1 I have is the Core Fighter. Whenever I put that thing in there, it doesn't want to come out. Sometimes I have to take the body armor off just to get it out. But other than that, the X-1 is one of the most solid kits I've ever built (Mk.II ver. 2.0 is #1).

Yeah, Asterisk and I have the same problems. We just decided screw it, we'll leave them in there.

@SFA Yeah Asterisk showed them to me too. I'd really like a set!

Kenico
July 13, 2011, 1:22 AM
@GNzaku0023, thanks for the info on Deathscythe

Kenico
July 16, 2011, 5:38 AM
On another anouncement, Iv'e officially Purchased the MG F91 from GSAM! Im excited and im looking forward to building this guy. The next questions probably gonna sound strange but here goes: after i get the F91 and build it which MG should i get next? Im either leaning toward the OO Raiser or the Gundam Mk II from Zeta. Whats your prefs guys? I know its a little too early to think of the next build before i get this kit, but i always thinking ahead while always in the moment.

Asterisk
July 16, 2011, 6:31 AM
@SFA Yeah Asterisk showed them to me too. I'd really like a set!
I'll be sure to show you guys when the ones I ordered come in.

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 9:17 AM
wheres the site where these cool hands are so i can see myself

Asterisk
July 17, 2011, 9:47 AM
This isn't the same review I originally saw (http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/hobby-base-hands/#more-5462) but it'll have to do. They come in both 1/100 and 1/144 flavors. I have a set of each coming =D

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 10:02 AM
Dang No Pegs. If they had pegs in the palms they woulda had me. but still wicked cool!
BTW: Ordered F91 probably have it come wendsday! @Asterisk: if you have this kit any tips concerning everything including painting you recommened?

Asterisk
July 17, 2011, 10:45 AM
Only kit even remotely related to F91 I have is the Crossbone X-1, sorry =/

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 10:54 AM
Any tips for the kit any way?

squeam
July 17, 2011, 4:07 PM
Be careful with the facemask!

Kenico
July 17, 2011, 4:09 PM
ill keep that in mind