PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with GSAM?

Executionervt009
July 12, 2012, 10:21 PM
Seems to me like they haven't been updating their site much at all. They are out of TONS of stuff, their deal of the week hasn't changed in a month, it seems like they haven't gotten a new shipment in forever, hell, even the RG Freedom doesn't have a description yet!

Are these guys in trouble or what? I've bought almost all my kits from them, and would hate to see them go under, they've always been great to deal with.

Joe
July 12, 2012, 10:42 PM
They keep saying their newest shipment is stuck in Customs. All of their shipments come straight from Japan, USUALLY monthly. That's how they keep their prices lower. Other stores that go through a distributor that is located in the states get stuff faster, but they charge more because they pay more for that reliability and quick restocking. GSaM goes through spats like this from time to time where they don't update for a month and a half, but they are there, they're still taking orders, and yes they are running out of stuff. Give 'em a bit longer or heck, give 'em a call. If you get to talk to someone, they will certainly explain what's going on.

thwalker13
July 13, 2012, 7:17 AM
I sent them an email not long ago asking when they would get the RG Mk.II in stock. Their reply said that it should be the 1st week of this month. Well I guess that didn't happen cause of the customs issue. But it matters not. If everything goes good I'll be ordering the Mk.II and my LED units from GGinfinite today.

ItsVince725
July 13, 2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I've been wondering if something is up, but eh, no biggie. I'm out of money right now anyway. :P

thwalker13
July 13, 2012, 1:37 PM
This is really the only thing that I do not like about GS&M. I understand that they do it this way so that they can offer lower prices. But it's rather of a hassle to get popular kits or even older kits from them cause they hardly ever get in new shipments. I've always ordered from them. And I'm even a platinum member. But some times I'm just to impatient. lol

Joe
July 13, 2012, 2:17 PM
I usually order in a relatively large quantity, $200 or more. I'm a platinum member as well, so the free shipping was great. R4L offers free shipping on orders over $100 as well without being a club member of any kind. Plus on order over $100 at R4L they have a coupon code for $20 off, so if I split my order into two, I pay $160 and get free shipping on both orders. I was winning out by going to R4L. Well R4L recently jacked up all their prices! So, now even with the $20 off per $100 order, I'm still better off buying from GSaM (When I get bored I do a lot of math). So yes, this is frustrating me too...

Squee
July 13, 2012, 2:59 PM
Yea i wish they had a way to have their stock shipped faster but i guess that's the drawback to getting kits at such a markdown. I never shop there anymore, I've done some comparisons and it's cheaper for me to go to ImageAnime in the city, the little stores in Chinatown, or to GundamPlanet in Jersey.

thwalker13
July 13, 2012, 4:50 PM
I'd love to be able to go to a local store for Gunpla. Unfortunately for me, the closest place is over 1.5 hours from me. And way out of my way to go there. And there prices are very high. So I pretty have to order all my kits, online.

Joe
July 13, 2012, 5:56 PM
I'm in the same boat. There is a local R/C shop that carries them, but they are a small operation and they warehouse 90% of the products, so I have to buy it on their website and pick it up later. Sales tax here is a little high and their prices aren't all that great either, so I'm better off getting my Gunpla onlline from a dedicated Gunpla store. Then there's Slot and Wing, they get scratch and dent Gunpla from time to time. It just sucks that no one in Champaign county, IL carries Gunpla regularly in a physical store because there are two warehouses in Champaign county that distribute Gunpla! The mother-load is in my backyard and I still have to order online... Very frustrating.

thwalker13
July 13, 2012, 7:13 PM
To bad you can't open up your own store Joe. But then again, you'd end up pocketing your own merchandise. lol There is a local store that is very near me. I've gotten paints from there before. He carries some Gunpla. But it's mainly old non-grade G-Gundam kits. I've never asked if he special orders items. I might ask next time I'm in there.

Joe
July 13, 2012, 8:15 PM
Does he have Devil Gundam?!

thwalker13
July 13, 2012, 8:48 PM
To be honest, I paid no attention. Once I saw they were from G-Gundam I lost interest. Though now that I'm actually watching G-Gundam for the 1st time. It's actually pretty good. But I could call him tomorrow and ask for you, if you would like.

ItsVince725
July 23, 2012, 9:54 PM
It would be soooooo nice if Gundam Store restocked and that restock had AGE-2 Dark Hound...

But it seems like the restock isn't coming any time soon.

thwalker13
July 23, 2012, 9:59 PM
Yeah I noticed. That's why I just went ahead and ordered my stuff from GGinfinite. I got tired of waiting.

ItsVince725
July 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah I noticed. That's why I just went ahead and ordered my stuff from GGinfinite. I got tired of waiting.

I want to order HG AGE-2 Dark Hound from them, but they apparently won't have it until some time in August. Too impatient to wait that long. :P

thwalker13
July 24, 2012, 12:04 AM
That's if they even get in their shipment. They told me that they would have the RG Mk.II in the first week of this month. Well I waited til about a week after, and nothing. So I got sick of waiting and praying that they wouldn't be sold out of LED units. So I ordered it from GGinfinite. And I'm glad I did.

ItsVince725
July 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
I mean, I don't care where I get it, I just need me some Dark Hound. :P

thwalker13
July 24, 2012, 7:16 AM
Can't blame you. GGinfinite has it up for pre-order right now. Pre-order one.

Asterisk
July 24, 2012, 8:16 AM
I don't typically recommend other sites, but seeing as how it's unavailable at GSAM currently, Robot4Less will have the Dark Hound by the end of the month, if GGInfinite's wait is too long.

Kenico
July 24, 2012, 8:25 AM
When do you think GSAM will have its Stock Resupplied?

Asterisk
July 24, 2012, 9:15 AM
It all depends on when their stuff gets out of customs. No clue =/

thwalker13
July 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
I normally don't like ordering from other sites. I've been loyal to GS&M for a long time. But now that I'm back into Gunpla and a majority of the kits on my buy list are sold out. So it's necessary to go to other sites. And GGinfinite has been pretty good to me thus far. I havn't ordered from Robot4less yet, but I've heard good reviews about them.

ItsVince725
July 24, 2012, 2:23 PM
I'm willing to give Robot4Less a try.

Zechs36
July 24, 2012, 2:51 PM
Robot4Less is pretty good with their orders. They keep the site up to date and they're just a little cheaper than GSAM. The downside to this (in my experience at least) is that shipping is slower. I can order something from GSAM on Monday and it's usually here by Friday. R4L takes about two weeks to get here.

Asterisk
July 24, 2012, 3:22 PM
Strange, I've ordered from R4L on a Wednesday, got it on Saturday, and I live on the other side of the country.

Joe
July 24, 2012, 6:02 PM
Robot4Less is pretty good with their orders. They keep the site up to date and they're just a little cheaper than GSAM. The downside to this (in my experience at least) is that shipping is slower. I can order something from GSAM on Monday and it's usually here by Friday. R4L takes about two weeks to get here.

GSaM is cheaper on price by far! What are you talking about, lol. R4L just recently upped some of their prices too.

ItsVince725
July 24, 2012, 9:41 PM
Yeah, I miss Gundam Store's low prices but their stock is GUTTED.

Zechs36
July 24, 2012, 10:04 PM
Hey, that was as of the last time I ordered from them lol. Which honestly was a good while ago (nearly a year).

AndrewFuu
July 25, 2012, 5:15 AM
Am I the only one who uses amazon? LOL

thwalker13
July 25, 2012, 10:43 AM
I ordered my MG Epyon from Amazon. However after price checking I found it cheaper to simply order from actual Gunpla websites. Specialty items like paint or other supplies I get from Amazon all the time.