PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to get some other MG AGE kits?

Ultra
July 4, 2012, 7:15 PM
Recently i've gotten into AGE and while I was originally very skeptical due to not liking the designs I now love it the series which I feel has a very fresh approach. But why have they not bothered to release any MG kits other than the Gundam versions?! I know there's a lot of them and I know they're the most interesting ones (all the vagan kits look pretty similar) but still it annoys me. I know they'll get to it eventually but I think releasing a kit of an MG kit of a least the first Vagan MS encountered should have been done by now.

Exia
July 4, 2012, 7:36 PM
Doubtful at best. If anything the first Vagan suit to get a MG will be that stupid looking Vagan Gundam, the Legilis.

Ultra
July 4, 2012, 7:39 PM
I just can't believe that they won't. They pretty much have to release an MG of the enemies MS' in the newest series. If they don't I will be quite upset.

Exia
July 4, 2012, 7:42 PM
Get used to it. They just released the Marasai in MG form. It took Bandai the 10th anniversy of SEED to get MGs of the Duel, Buster and Blitz.

Ultra
July 4, 2012, 7:48 PM
Those are rubbish examples. In the grand scheme of things Marasai doesn't matter considering it's pretty much a grunt suit and not a major villain and Seed's releases back then are just stupid generally. Perfect example being the fact that we got a MG 1/100 release of the Strike Rouge and not the same for the Legend whose pilot was the main antagonist in Destiny whereas the Rouge was the most unimportant suit ever. These days it's ridiculous for them to not have released a MG kit of an enemy when the series is nearly over. Back then in the early 2000s with Seed no but at least they got better than a 1/144 release.

Exia
July 4, 2012, 7:58 PM
Whatever, I don't really care one way or another. In fact, I shouldn't have even bothered responding. Such an utter waste of my time.

Ultra
July 4, 2012, 8:00 PM
Sorry dude but the fact that you get pissy when I respond with a proper comeback for what you said doesn't paint a very impression for you.

Exia
July 4, 2012, 8:06 PM
Look at my sig.

"Lord of the 1/144 Corps"

Why would I actually give a shit about the master grade? You can call it "pissy" all you want, I don't care. Same with your opinion of me, I really don't care.

Ultra
July 4, 2012, 8:39 PM
I haven't been here long and haven't looked at any of your builds yet so even if I had read that I wouldn't have been certain of what it meant. Yeah you're clearly not angry at all... In the slight chance that you're not actually angry swearing really doesn't make that come across at all and neither does arguing with a new member over nothing nbh.

Exia
July 4, 2012, 8:44 PM
I haven't been here long and haven't looked at any of your builds yet so even if I had read that I wouldn't have been certain of what it meant. Yeah you're clearly not angry at all...

Click the "My Gundam Pictures" for my photobucket account where I store my gunpla pics. It means I usually only build HG 1/144. Oh and by the way, it's called apathy. Anger is such a boring emotion.

Ultra
July 4, 2012, 8:51 PM
Fine whatever. Just seems your acting very immature for a senior member.

Exia
July 4, 2012, 9:11 PM
Fine whatever. Just seems your acting very immature for a senior member.

So why is it that when I do respond you seem to edit your posts so I miss something?

I haven't been here long and haven't looked at any of your builds yet so even if I had read that I wouldn't have been certain of what it meant. Yeah you're clearly not angry at all... In the slight chance that you're not actually angry swearing really doesn't make that come across at all and neither does arguing with a new member over nothing nbh.

Like that part. I generally watch what I type, but I'm not sorry in the least if I slip. You can call it arguing I was simply replying then you went all "Those are rubbish examples" even though they fit, but you found them "rubbish" others may not find them rubbish. In fact I'd say alot of people care more about the grunts getting an MG than they do when a gundam gets it. I just pointed out it takes time or special events for suits to get their eventual dues.

squeam
July 4, 2012, 9:29 PM
Alright, enough personal attacks here.

OT:
Bandai hardly ever does what's "right" and release the main antagonists' suits in conjunction with the other MG releases. At their best, they are completely random; at their worst, it looks like some series may never get a viable enemy to fight.

MSG did. Zeta waited 5 years to have a sparring partner. ZZ waited 5 years for a simple repaint of the Qubeley. 0083 only need wait a year between hero suit and big bad. 0080 saw NT-1 in '99 and Kampfer in '01. Ground Type and Gouf Custom were only a year apart. CC saw the Sazabi actually released a few months BEFORE Nu Gundam. God and Master were a year apart. SEED's lack of enemy MG releases are extremely lacking, as Ultra said: Aile Strike has been alone in it's struggle from 2003 til now; Destiny....well, I don't even want to delve into the debate between protagonist/antagonist in that hopeless affair. Wing has only had the main hero suit re-released in different forms until recently. F91 has been locked in a deadly battle with its display base since 2006. Turn A Gundam is the sole MG from that series. Unicorn got Full Frontal's epic MS in a year's time. I guess Exia, 00, and Qan[T] got...something to fight a year after Exia, albeit NOT any type of big threat from the series (i.e. Alvaaron, Reborns, Arche, the Thrones, anything Bandai! Please!). Victory has no dancing partner. AGE was released this year and a Gafran was hinted at a few months ago, but I've heard no recent rumors or anything to its fate.

I, personally, am not expecting any type of main Vagan suit for quite some time, if ever. I could see them maybe throwing something out that shares some parts with existing kits or turns out to be a HUGE fan favorite - other than Dark Hound :) Really, since G Gundam MGs, no series has received the rival MS treatment other than the absolute runaway hit and model-kit-selling-machine: Gundam Unicorn. SEED is finally getting theirs, after 10 years and 00 getting the GN-X was not even remotely close to the kit deserved there. And I expect the trend to continue.

So, you both (Exia and Ultra) have valid points. And when you sit back and think about, you actually each supported the others' argument. I regret that it got so personal and I hope this kind of thing doesn't happen again. We have been (relatively) free of this type of junk here and I have faith that we can continue being a decent place where everyone - new and old members alike - feels welcome.

Exia
July 4, 2012, 9:38 PM
Alright, enough personal attacks here.

OT:
Bandai hardly ever does what's "right" and release the main antagonists' suits in conjunction with the other MG releases. At their best, they are completely random; at their worst, it looks like some series may never get a viable enemy to fight.

MSG did. Zeta waited 5 years to have a sparring partner. ZZ waited 5 years for a simple repaint of the Qubeley. 0083 only need wait a year between hero suit and big bad. 0080 saw NT-1 in '99 and Kampfer in '01. Ground Type and Gouf Custom were only a year apart. CC saw the Sazabi actually released a few months BEFORE Nu Gundam. God and Master were a year apart. SEED's lack of enemy MG releases are extremely lacking, as Ultra said: Aile Strike has been alone in it's struggle from 2003 til now; Destiny....well, I don't even want to delve into the debate between protagonist/antagonist in that hopeless affair. Wing has only had the main hero suit re-released in different forms until recently. F91 has been locked in a deadly battle with its display base since 2006. Turn A Gundam is the sole MG from that series. Unicorn got Full Frontal's epic MS in a year's time. I guess Exia, 00, and Qan[T] got...something to fight a year after Exia, albeit NOT any type of big threat from the series (i.e. Alvaaron, Reborns, Arche, the Thrones, anything Bandai! Please!). Victory has no dancing partner. AGE was released this year and a Gafran was hinted at a few months ago, but I've heard no recent rumors or anything to its fate.

I, personally, am not expecting any type of main Vagan suit for quite some time, if ever. I could see them maybe throwing something out that shares some parts with existing kits or turns out to be a HUGE fan favorite - other than Dark Hound :) Really, since G Gundam MGs, no series has received the rival MS treatment other than the absolute runaway hit and model-kit-selling-machine: Gundam Unicorn. SEED is finally getting theirs, after 10 years and 00 getting the GN-X was not even remotely close to the kit deserved there. And I expect the trend to continue.

So, you both (Exia and Ultra) have valid points. And when you sit back and think about, you actually each supported the others' argument. I regret that it got so personal and I hope this kind of thing doesn't happen again. We have been (relatively) free of this type of junk here and I have faith that we can continue being a decent place where everyone - new and old members alike - feels welcome.

@bolded, WHAT? For seriously?

And the rest, it got personal? I thought it was just a convo. Personally I shouldn't have even bothered, I mean I don't have any care for the MGs as I don't build them. I have zero factual information to add, all I did was state an opinion from old knowledge.

Kenico
July 4, 2012, 9:48 PM
On Topic: Personally id love to see a MG G-Exes or a G-Bouncer to come out...As for other antag MG suits...im a fan of SEED and id love to see some of the alliance and ZAFT suits come out...heck id like to see a Astray (not the Red Frame and Blue Frame, the Grunt Version) made, even the Strke Dagger and GINN and of course my favorite the CGUE. heck in SEED Destiny, im not exactly a fan of some of the suits names are ripped from UC id like to see some of the antag and grunt suits made into MG...

squeam
July 4, 2012, 10:02 PM
I think Dark Hound is practically a given, with all the parts it and AGE-2 have in common. I wouldn't mind seeing it, either; eventhough I am loathe to see re-hashes made in MG form. As far as what Vagan suit I'd like to see get Master Grade-ed...I don't know what I'd want. I personally really like the Zeydra, but the HG is pretty good. I'd love to see the Epyon "tail" re-purposed into the Ghirarga's tail, however I'm not a fan of that color scheme. Gafran would be all right...not my fave, but the transformation engineering would be something to see. I've not felt anything for the Zedas, Baqto's HG is fine, seen enough of the Farsia, Dorado - meh, Danazine grows less and less cool everyday for me,....I would love to see a MG Wrozzo. Could you imagine that Hy-Gogg-ish beastie in 1/100 scale? mmm, yeah, that gets my vote: MG Wrozzo.

Joe
July 4, 2012, 10:07 PM
My only issue with not getting a MG Gafran (that was supposed to released in April or May) is that the AGE line doesn't have any 1/100 scale kits to at least display next to MG AGE-1. If they had made a 1/100 HG or NG line I don't think this would be such a big deal, but they went straight to MG and now everyone who build 1/100 kits is clammering for some MG Vagany goodness!

Skittles
July 4, 2012, 10:08 PM
On Topic: Personally id love to see a MG G-Exes or a G-Bouncer to come out...As for other antag MG suits...im a fan of SEED and id love to see some of the alliance and ZAFT suits come out...heck id like to see a Astray (not the Red Frame and Blue Frame, the Grunt Version) made, even the Strke Dagger and GINN and of course my favorite the CGUE. heck in SEED Destiny, im not exactly a fan of some of the suits names are ripped from UC id like to see some of the antag and grunt suits made into MG...

Hnnngggh. What I wouldn't do for a MG Cgue. And Providence, of course. Though I can definitely understand why the SEED MG selection was so sparse in the past -- at least from a cost/engineering standpoint. Bandai's main goal is making money, after all, and they have to go for the easiest-to-make kits that are sure to sell.... First, at least. (And SEED/Destiny had a lovely 1/100 line that included most of the main machines -- alas no GINN or Cgue, but a nice Providence, Zakus, Legend, etc.)

Even in the few years I've been building gunpla, the MG line has really picked up steam on releases. It went from 'oh hey, huge news, an MG is coming out!' to like an MG a month. So patience just might be key. If it's worthwhile for them to make, Bandai will do it (otherwise, wait for someone to come up with a resin version and prepare to empty your wallet)!

Kenico
July 4, 2012, 10:16 PM
OH YES! Providence AND Legend...what would i have to do to get my hands on a couple of MGs like them...And for a Freedom 2.0? oh yeah...now i know that the Freedom MG thats currently out is an OK suit. but an improved one would be even better IMO.

Zeon's RedComet
July 4, 2012, 10:18 PM
Not really a model expert but the Sazabi before Nu makes sense, I mean Char’s always at the top of the polls for charictar favorites (or damn close to it) so it’d make sense that they’d throw the villains a bone with that.

Kenico
July 4, 2012, 10:31 PM
Speaking of which...when are we gonna get a Sazabi 2.0 Bandai?

KhornAshrem
July 4, 2012, 11:34 PM
i'm Hunting for a Dark Hound~lol~

Squee
July 5, 2012, 1:52 AM
As of now only the lead Gundams will be released this year it looks like. We'll probably see a MG Dark Hound before we see any Vagan Suits. Bandai tends to go by what the Japanese market wants, and from the links/pictures i've seen, the vagan hgs aren't doing so well over there. Stores have even started bundling them with other kits in order to liquidate their stocks. There really isn't much of a demand for them in Japan, and until there is, Bandai will not make making them a priority.

thwalker13
July 5, 2012, 7:16 AM
So far, out of all the Vagen suits. I'd like to see the Ghirarga in MG form. I don't know what it is, but I love that suit design.