PDA

View Full Version : Diorama idea

Ultra
June 27, 2012, 5:52 AM
It says any future builds too so I hope this okay. I'm planning on making a diorama of a battle damaged Z'gok that has been abandoned underwater after being damaged in battle. This probably won't be made for a while since i'm on a low income for the moment. Atm it's in the planning and i'll need to look at the the type of resin to use, what base to use, finding the pilot figure and the paints and everything for the Gogg and maybe the water if I decide to do that too. Also if anyone knows any resin brands they could tell me that will work with gundam models that would be great since in my research i've found that some can dissolve the plastic but i'm not sure which brands do this.

SilverFrameAstray
June 27, 2012, 2:25 PM
I'm not sure how to help you on which brands to use, but this sounds intense and I hope there is progress on this project of yours.

Ultra
June 27, 2012, 3:44 PM
Thanks. It's going to be quite a long process. Mainly since I need to learn how to do the model properly first through practise. Also I need help with these two so if anyone could offer anything that would be great:

-Paints that can be used straight out of the bottle to make a realistic Z'gok. Not spray paint please since i'm in the UK.
-If anyone has any idea if I could get an army man in a swimming position that would be great. If not it doesn't matter too much.

Also i'm surprised at the complete lack of gunpla diorama's out there that use underwater effects. And underwater battle would be the ultimate diorama challenge IMO.