PDA

View Full Version : Any possibility of future Gundam 00 kits?

derpkhan
June 26, 2012, 5:59 PM
So I've been watching Gundam 00 recently and while I am happy with the large range of kits available I can't help but feel like their should be more. I mean the Throne Gundams don't even have a 1/100 highgrade release. Also while we do have the GN-X and most of the Exia/Gundam 00 variants as mastergrades, I can't help but feel like the choice leaves a little to be desired. I would at least like to see the other initial four Gundams get mastergrades.

Does anyone think there is a remote chance of any more Gundam 00 releases? I haven't heard any rumours but I find asking around sometimes helps.

Thanks.

Ultra
June 26, 2012, 6:10 PM
Don't give up hope but it may take a while. I mean MG's of the four Seed Gundams are only being released now and MG's of the Gundam Wing are the same.

Executionervt009
June 26, 2012, 6:27 PM
Yeah, SEED is a great example, they came out with Strike and variants and Freedom & Justice, but no sign of aegis, duel, blitz, or buster. 10years later, they're bringing out the MG's. I suspect will be similar with 00, which sucks, cause I love 00. but I'm not holding my breath for the MG's for a couple years. It'll also be interesting to see which way they go; will they do the first generations Dynames, Kyrios, and Virtue? or will they go the later route and Arios, Cherridum and Seravee.

Exia
June 26, 2012, 6:51 PM
I'd doubt it anytime soon. SEED gets the big releases because of the 10th anniversy of SEED. So not only is bandai working on that, they're also working on releasing models that correspond to the current gundam show, Gundam AGE. Plus special edition stuff or limited edition parts. 00 got a lot of kits all things considered.

Ikaoru
June 26, 2012, 6:53 PM
Ooorrr, giving us at least some 1/100 Raphael, Harute and Zabanya

Exia
June 26, 2012, 6:57 PM
Does anyone know whether or not the HG line effects the MG line?

Cause I know most of the 00 MGs are Exia or 00 and its variants, what I'm trying to say is does bandai take into consideration the HG models that sell well then put them in MG scale to sell? All the while leaving the HG models that didn't sell well by leaving them to stay only in HG scale?

If any of that makes sense.

derpkhan
June 26, 2012, 6:58 PM
I'd doubt it anytime soon. SEED gets the big releases because of the 10th anniversy of SEED. So not only is bandai working on that, they're also working on releasing models that correspond to the current gundam show, Gundam AGE. Plus special edition stuff or limited edition parts. 00 got a lot of kits all things considered.

I suspect this is most likely the truth. Oh well, at least we can wait till Gundam 00's tenth anniversary. :P
If they do make more MG's I'm hoping for a flag or a flag variant as well as the other original 3 (Dynames, Virtue and Kyrios)

derpkhan
June 26, 2012, 8:24 PM
Does anyone know whether or not the HG line effects the MG line?

Cause I know most of the 00 MGs are Exia or 00 and its variants, what I'm trying to say is does bandai take into consideration the HG models that sell well then put them in MG scale to sell? All the while leaving the HG models that didn't sell well by leaving them to stay only in HG scale?

If any of that makes sense.

Sorry to double post, but this seems like the logical thing to do. I don't really trust bandai's marketing strategy though.

Joe
June 26, 2012, 9:46 PM
If I remember correctly a few years back there was an article in one of the Japan hobby magazines with someone claiming to have the inside scoop on how Bandai plans it's model releases. The HGUC/FC/etc line, the one that is independent of what shows are airing and the MG line have little to do with each other as far as corresponding releases. Basically if Universal Century seams to be selling well they pump out MG from U.C. If they've got a big selling anniversary of some kind, kits of the series being celebrated get MG releases. The HG line is to placate those not interested in current MG releases. Example, they are focusing on SEED, AGE, and soon again on Wing, HGUC is getting a ton of stuff from Unicorn released but using Unicorn they get to release a lot of MSV stuff to appease UC fans. And of course you still have to throw them a bone once and a while; MG Marasai.

As for sales and how that relates. Lead Gundams sell, that's why we got Exia, 00, and Qan [T]. To be perfectly honest... I have no idea why we got a MG GN-X. Of all MS in all of Gundam, why is the GN-X the first non-Universal-Century, non-Gundam Mobile Suit to get the MG treatment and not something as prolific as Tallgeese?

derpkhan
June 27, 2012, 8:13 AM
To be perfectly honest... I have no idea why we got a MG GN-X. Of all MS in all of Gundam, why is the GN-X the first non-Universal-Century, non-Gundam Mobile Suit to get the MG treatment and not something as prolific as Tallgeese?

Thanks for the informative post, put I wasn't aware of the fact that the MG GN-X was the first MG that's neither Universal-Century or a Gundam. I wonder why they chose it? It's not even like it's the most iconic mass production suit in the series. Bandai makes some odd decisions.

Executionervt009
June 27, 2012, 7:48 PM
They make some odd decisions, but I bought one so my MG Exia can kick it's ass! :D

Actually at this moment, Exia has its blaster at the GN-X's head and reaching around back for a beam saber to dish out some pink fiery justice!

squeam
June 28, 2012, 4:11 PM
I would venture to say that the HG 00 line is pretty much finished for the next few years. Maybe at the 10 year anniversary or possibly at the 5 year mark. The 1/100 non-grade line is dead. Which is sad because I think they really had something going there...maybe they were "too" good and made MGs less necessary.

However, I think the chances of another MG from 00 are ... well, not 0%, anyway. The massive, overwhelming popularity of Unicorn, coupled with the return of SEED and Wing to the forefronts of fans' minds has lessened the focus on 00 MGs. I mean, who knows with MG: we just got the flippin Marasai from Zeta, with no real tie-in to current projects (maybe the UC Marasai). It seems Bandai just goes off the rails sometimes when it comes to choosing the next MG. They could bust out at the end of the year with a 00 "hero" suit lineup announcement, like they did with Ka-ish Wing MGs and the current SEED run, who knows?

The fact that a Robot Damashii 00 Qan[T] E.L.S. has just been announced, albeit as a Tamashii Web Exclusive (but what isn't), provides some hope that 00 is not entirely forgotten within Bandai. Personally, I regret the fact that a lot of great and important MS from 00 never got the HG they deserved and hold out a sliver of hope that one day they will get made.

Joe
June 28, 2012, 4:50 PM
There is only one 1/144 HG that 00 still NEEDS, the Alvaron. I know there are mor that weren't made, but I think 60+ 1/144 releases was enough for one series...

squeam
June 28, 2012, 6:23 PM
My short list of wanted 00 HGs: Gaga, Hellion, Anf, Advanced GN-X. I'd give them all up if we could have a MG Dynames, though. Or Reborns. Or 0 Gundam.

But what we REALLY need is a new MG 00 Gundam variant :P

Asterisk
June 28, 2012, 6:55 PM
I'd be down for a GN-X Superbia kit

ItsVince725
June 28, 2012, 7:15 PM
I do kinda wish that the Realdo had gotten a High Grade, it's a sorta neat design...