PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Wing kits...

Amuro Ray
June 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
I've recently purchased a few 1/144 kits of the Gundam Wing Gundams (Mostly because that's all the wife will let me spend money to get) and what I'm wanting to have is a kit for all the different Gundams from that series and the ones from Endless Waltz too.

I've got a MG 1/100 scale Epyon
1/144 Sandrock
1/144 Shenlong
1/144 Deathscythe

By my count I need 12 more kits to have a model of each Gundam. Problem is there doesn't seem to be a kit for the Heavyarms Kai and the Sandrock Kai. I've looked at HLJ and GSaM and found nothing. It doesn't have to be 1/144 scale. Hell, I'd settle for a HCP figure if I had to. Am I just not looking hard enough? Or do they just not exist?

Exia
June 25, 2012, 11:48 PM
There wasn't a need to make them. Technically speaking the normal Heavyarms and Sandrock are already their kai forms as best they could.

Amuro Ray
June 25, 2012, 11:51 PM
Not really, the Kai forms have extra thrusters all over and modified weapons.

Exia
June 25, 2012, 11:55 PM
Not really, the Kai forms have extra thrusters all over and modified weapons.

Which is why they didn't feel the need to remake them.

There wasn't that big of a change in the show for Sandrock and Heavyarms like there was for Wing, Deathscythe and Shenlong, hence the reason why I said they're already in their Kai forms as best they can.

Joe
June 26, 2012, 10:13 PM
No, as best they can would be in their Kai forms :-P.
If Wing were being made today instead of back in 1995, we would have a HG version of all 5 Gundams, the upgrades, Epyon, Wing Zero (which is not an upgrade of Wing), All the Maguanac Corps, Tallgeese I/II/II as separate releases, Leo in green, Leo in blue, Command Unit Leo, Space use Leo, Flight Pack Leo, Taurus, Sanc Kingdom Taurus, Aries in OZ colors, Aries in Noin's green colors, Aries in Alliance blue, Virgo, Virgo II, and Bandai Hobby Web Shop limited releases of Cancer and Pisces. Tragos would be the only one left out just to spit all the fans of heavy hitting MS.

Counting only 1/144 scale:
Wing (Not including EW) got 13 kits plus two LM models for Leo and Taurus, that's it. The above would be about 32 kits (I forget how many Maguanacs there are)
SEED (not including Destiny) got 22 First Grade Kits, 16 HG kits, plus Meteor
00 (not including the movie) got a whopping 60 separate HG releases! Two of those being mobile armors (GN-Arms Type E and D). So many re-hashes, re-colors, and the Trans-AM models!
Age isn't done yet, so I won't count those up, but I think all the older series before SEED got screwed for releases except the U.C. lines, granted the older lines had piss poor engineering, but I can only hope they open up a HGAC line and do it right be their fans. I know the 90's was a very different time for Bandai and I'm not mad for the "lack of designs" released for Wing, that's just the way it was for Gundam at the time, but now we get nearly everything made a half dozen times over. How many HG 1/144 00 Gundams did Dalong build? The original release, the 00 Raiser designer's colors, Trans AM 00 Raiser, 00 Raiser with GN Sword III, and 00 Raiser GN Condenser type. Uhg! It's a great design, but do we need 5 of these? 6! 00 Seven Swords!

</rant>

Ultra
June 27, 2012, 6:22 AM
If the English markets had more of an influence on what Bandai released then we would have a lot more of them released. The only chance these days of getting those kits is if Gundam wing is remade. I wouldn't mind a remake tbh. Something like Dragonball Z Kai. However unlike with dragonball Z there's not much to cut out. I'm still hoping for the Wing gundam or Wing Zero to get a RG release.

Deathscythe!
June 27, 2012, 7:08 AM
Or they could also consider producing the plot shown in Mangas, e.g : Gundam Ground Zero (if I remember correctly), which has never been shown in TV or produced as Anime. That would cause interest in the katoki models, I suppose.

Amuro Ray
June 30, 2012, 12:39 PM
Yay, I managed to find some place to get a Heavyarms Kai and a Sandrock Kai too. They're the MSIA action figures.

It's a little disappointing that they aren't actual model kits, and even more disappointing that model kits for these two suits don't really exist. Especially given that they made kits for the Altron, Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell.

Heavyarms is personally my favorite mobile suit from Gundam Wing, and I like it in all of it's versions.

I also got a 1/144 scale Heavyarms kit too which was cool as I couldn't really find it in the shops where I live.

That's 7 down, 9 more to go!

Amuro Ray
July 12, 2012, 2:18 AM
Well, I just got my Heavyarms last night. I've found that I'm really taken with the Heavyarms Gundam. It's absolutely a gorgeous design and with all it's weapons it's pretty kick ass.

I got the MSIA Sandrock Kai and Heavyarms Kai too and they are pretty good figures.

So now I just need to get the Wing, Wing Zero, Altron, Deathscythe Hell and the Endless Waltz versions and I'm all done with the Gundam Wing kits I want.