PDA

View Full Version : MG 00 Raiser

Squee
June 23, 2012, 11:23 PM
This took me a year to finish... Mainly because i HATED* this build. It was commissioned and thankfully the owner liked it, but i personally am not proud of this one. Quite a few mistakes. :/

*It's a nice kit, very well engineered but it's the complete opposite of my personal tastes in suit designs.

Squee
June 23, 2012, 11:24 PM
more pictures

Squee
June 23, 2012, 11:24 PM
almost there

Squee
June 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
last batch

D-Smith
June 23, 2012, 11:29 PM
i feel like i can see some itty bitty little bits of weathering/shading maybe? i think some subtle shading would have looked really nice on this kit, or less subtle lol but i couldn't find any mistakes. i would say it turned out pretty clean.

GOOD WORK (thumbs up) lol

Squee
June 23, 2012, 11:33 PM
Yea that was one of the problems. It was originally shaded, but i made the mistake of airbrushing on some of the most humid days last year. My brush was sputtering and alot of the pieces were ruined. I ended up having to sand and redo them. He didn't really want heavy shading so i was going as subtle as possible anyway. And then i lost a vfin. Took a 3 months to replace. Then the white parts got dirty. Had to respray. Then it happened again. Had to respray.

You don't even want to see the beam effects LOL. They came out way too dark. I didn't get a chance to take pics as i had already wrapped up the kit for delivery before i realized. XD

D-Smith
June 24, 2012, 1:07 AM
sounds like a pain in the ass lol

thwalker13
June 24, 2012, 1:52 AM
I think it looks amazing. I have a 00 Raiser sitting in the box waiting to be built. But I'd say it looks really good.

Ikaoru
June 24, 2012, 9:35 PM
Where you able to put the shield on each arm?

Squee
June 24, 2012, 11:31 PM
Yea they hold up okay. Good thing they have the locks on the binders. I didn't get to take a picture due to the same reason i didn't take the beam effect pics. Had everything put away. XD :/

Ikaoru
June 26, 2012, 2:51 AM
What about "surf board" effect (2 shields connecting each other and connecting to a single arm)? Does it securely lock?

Squee
June 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
Yea the full shield holds together pretty solidly. It's a very light design.

thwalker13
June 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
Looking at yours makes me want to get started on mine so badly.