PDA

View Full Version : MG Exia -How to Cut

Ikaoru
June 16, 2012, 3:58 AM
Took me a while to realized why MG GN Drive doesn't fit Exia's body...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Ryu_Sonic/IMG_0508.jpg

Turns out that there's a part that hasn't been cut properly the became a hindrance on putting the GN Battery.

Since I don't have much experience, does anyone know how to deal with it? I've ordered GG Infinite and they have yet to reply me for the invoice for other stuff.

Joe
June 21, 2012, 11:38 AM
Where was it not cut properly? Can you get a couple of really clear pictures of the two parts that aren't going together? Then we can help you a bit better.

Also, GG Infinite parts orders are about a 2-4 month wait.

Ikaoru
June 21, 2012, 1:46 PM
Well, I'm on my phone... I can tell you the description:

Do you see the "thick block" in the frame? Well, it's too thick that my GN Drive LED unit can't fit it in. It turns out that the manufacturer can't cut it properly.

I'm trying to get a hold to GG recently and we're on the final stages of the process.

Joe
June 21, 2012, 2:40 PM
Is this a TT Kit or are the LED's TT/other third party? I just find it so strange that Bandai's parts wouldn't work together... Not that i hasn't happened.

Ikaoru
June 21, 2012, 3:13 PM
Yeah... it's probably just a factory mistake which is a common occurrence in some products. Yeah, the led unit is part of the my kit. I'll post the pics later.

Joe
June 22, 2012, 1:49 PM
I've never had parts fit issues with a Bandai Kit. Which is why this is so curious to me. I'm very interested in pictures.

Joe
June 22, 2012, 1:57 PM
OH! I just looked at the runners on Dalong. Then to be sure I grabbed my MG Exia! THERE'S A HUGE CHUNK OF PLASTIC THAT SHOULDN'T BE THERE! And that's what you were telling me! that's so strange! I have seriously only ever seen one other Bandai mistake and that was on a HG 1/144 Wing Zero Custom about 10 years ago where the blue fins for the head were molded in red. Good luck on getting your part, man. Honestly the only way to fix that would be to get a rotary tool and drill it out.

Ikaoru
June 22, 2012, 3:46 PM
You got MG Exia chest piece "block" too? I'll post the pics later tonight. Can you post yours too?

D-Smith
June 22, 2012, 4:28 PM
is it bandai? easy solution and it would on take a few minutes is just sand it off. it will be much easier then going through the ordering process and having to wait months for gg infinite. i have not looked at my exia so i am not sure what piece you mean but if its a big block of excess plastic then yeah sanding it off with a file then some 400 then some 800 grit sand paper to smooth it out should do it just fine.

Joe
June 22, 2012, 5:33 PM
D-Smith, I don't think you understand how large that block is, sand would take hours. Like I mentioned above, a dremel tool would take it out the fastest.

Basically everything in the red section shouldn't be there. It would be difficult to remove with a file and sand paper, especially since it need to be smooth and rounded properly so the GN Drive can be put in.

Ikaoru, I didn't get the chest block, but I looked at my kit and the part on Dalong and it's clear that something is wrong with your part.

thwalker13
June 22, 2012, 5:50 PM
I wonder how something like that would happen? Aren't the plates simply made using molds? And have you looked on GS&M to see if your kit is listed under their replacement parts section?

Ikaoru
June 22, 2012, 7:29 PM
GS&M? What site is that?

@D-Smith
It's Bandai. But I ordered it on Amazon and the account has positive reviews. I doubt that it's fake with a lot of materials that's similar to my other MG kits.

@Joe
The the red part should be thinner than that. Say few cm thick and not completely cut-off... but nonetheless, yeah, I need to find someone to grind it for me... I don't have any tools for that matter.

As for GGInfinite, I would have to wait 2-3 more days to get my invoice... my paypal is ready and all it needs is some patience.

thwalker13
June 22, 2012, 8:51 PM
Sorry. GS&M stands for Gundam Store and More.

Ikaoru
June 22, 2012, 9:52 PM
They have 1/100 but it's not MG... I used that site to look for parts for MG unicorn horn few weeks ago