PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Stores in LA?

julius
June 13, 2012, 7:24 PM
Hey guys, so I am in LA for the next two weeks to visit my sister and wanted to know if there are any good places that sell Gundams here? I am going to Anime Jungle tomorrow but that's all I really know of here! I am specifically looking for a HG Astraea but will buy something else if there are none! Thanks :)

Exia
June 13, 2012, 7:32 PM
Which Astraea are you looking for?

julius
June 13, 2012, 8:11 PM
The HG 1/144 not the F-type

Ikaoru
June 13, 2012, 8:53 PM
Where exactly in LA are you?

There are some gundam hobby stores around since I research some stores to find some decent prices other than toyarena (which is around La Puente), Frank and Sons (City of Industry), robot4less (Fullerton) and etc...

Of course don't forget that there are 1-2 anime stores or that sells Gundams and Hello kitties in Tittle Tokyo.

Exia
June 13, 2012, 8:55 PM
They make both in HG. Just wondering, the Type-F come with a ton of extra weapons.

julius
June 13, 2012, 8:55 PM
I am staying in Glendale. I went to Little Tokyo today but Anime Jungle was closed and they said they'll open tomorrow. Any recommendations? Looking for selection and good prices (aren't we all)

julius
June 13, 2012, 8:56 PM
They make both in HG. Just wondering, the Type-F come with a ton of extra weapons.

http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/srwhotnews_pla7_hgatbox.jpg

this one

Exia
June 13, 2012, 8:58 PM
http://superrobotwar.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/srwhotnews_pla7_hgatbox.jpg

this one

That's the normal Astraea, the Type-F is the Astraea in red.

I was just wondering if preferred one over the other.

julius
June 13, 2012, 9:10 PM
oh alright, yeah i really like that model the white looks so clean and the bunny ears look so nice. I have the HG exia repair II and the HG G-Bouncer so you can see which designs appeal to me haha

Exia
June 13, 2012, 9:12 PM
Oh yeah, if you've built Exia than this is more or less the same build. The basic body, legs and arms are the same as Exia. You even get conversion parts to turn the Astraea into Exia.

julius
June 13, 2012, 9:22 PM
Nice, I heard it was similar, I wish I had gotten into Gundam sooner cause the Astraea is so hard to find -___- that's why i hope to find a store in LA that has it at a cheaper price than online

Exia
June 13, 2012, 9:29 PM
The Astraea is actually one of the "newer" 00 models.

Ikaoru
June 13, 2012, 9:34 PM
The one in toyarena sell it like $19.99 xD

Waaayyy cheaper than $26.99

julius
June 13, 2012, 9:40 PM
The one in toyarena sell it like $19.99 xD

Waaayyy cheaper than $26.99

Well how much is shipping to the US -___- ?

Also, any good stores besides the ones in Little Tokyo?

Exia
June 13, 2012, 9:51 PM
If needed be the Astraea can be found on ebay.

julius
June 13, 2012, 9:56 PM
If needed be the Astraea can be found on ebay.

yeah i've seen it for 26 with shipping but I figured since I'm out I'd try and find it i'm sure i can find one cheaper than that.... hopefully

Ikaoru
June 13, 2012, 11:03 PM
Just got back from the store. Astraea cost 19.99 but theyre out of stock as the moment.... Same goes with my Stargazer :(

Clerk told me that they're ordering it. Going to post my new toys in the other thread later tonight

julius
June 14, 2012, 1:12 AM
Just got back from the store. Astraea cost 19.99 but theyre out of stock as the moment.... Same goes with my Stargazer :(

Clerk told me that they're ordering it. Going to post my new toys in the other thread later tonight

awwww dude that sucks :'( Astraea is my favorite mobile suit! lol what store did you go to??

Ikaoru
June 14, 2012, 2:07 AM
Toy Arena... they have the main store and at Frank and Sons (like a swap meet for hobbies for MtG, YGO, figurines, toys and stuff)

julius
June 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
Toy Arena... they have the main store and at Frank and Sons (like a swap meet for hobbies for MtG, YGO, figurines, toys and stuff)

Hey I'm going to Frank and Sons tomorrow morning!! Hopefully I can find the HG 1/144 Astraea there lol if not... I'll see what else is cool there

Ikaoru
June 16, 2012, 4:09 AM
They have Astrea but not the F version

Ask Willy for assistance. Tell him that it's from the guy who just bought Kshatriya, Wing Custom, Qanta and he still owes me Stargazer Gundam!