PDA

View Full Version : mg kit for first build....

shamilrz
June 9, 2012, 3:39 AM
any oppinion on what i should built for my first kit,im thinking astray red frame,in the mmeantime,exia...between those two,which one should i build,hmmmmm

Ikaoru
June 10, 2012, 2:11 AM
Those are hard...

MGRF and Exia are awesome. I haven't build either of those 2 (still in my "to do list"). I've built PG Exia which is awesome.

Pros for RF
- articulation
- transformable weapons system from sword jetpack to claw to arrow mode
- can't beat 2 katanas (bit heavy though)
- it has its own stand which can support multiple pose and it can hold on the weapon and/or model

Pros for Exia
- articulation
- buster sword is awesome to build and not as having multiple parts
- no stand but it can stand on its own
- it's simple and elegant

Joe
June 10, 2012, 11:53 AM
Ikaoru, I hope you don't mind me correcting you but there is no Perfect Grade Exia. There is a 1/60 scale Exia, but it is not Perfect Grade (AND I DO REALLY WANT THE 1/60 EXIA!). Also, I have a hard time trusting someone's opinion on a kit that they have not yet built. Allow me to give a bit of info on MG Exia.

I have built the MG Exia (Ignition Mode) and I can tell you that yes it is articulated as in everything moves; however, too many things move. It's difficult to get it to stand on it's own two feet, I would advise you to get a stand for it. The GN Sword and the long/short GN Blades are pretty sweet looking and Exia holds them well enough. I do wish there was some sort of tab or catch for the GN Sword in it's sword mode, the blade wants to droop down every so often. Now, all that said it's not a bed kit per se, it just needs some attention and a stand to hold it up.

Now, I know I have not built the Red Frame yet, but it is most definitely on my to buy list! I would build Red Frame just because the Exia frustrated me and I haven't built Red Frame :-P. Oh and from what I have seen on Dalong.net the stand that comes with the Red Frame is only for the weapon, not the Mobile Suit itself.

Executionervt009
June 10, 2012, 5:06 PM
Joe is absolutely right.

I love my Exia, my first MG, but its as stable on its feet as the town drunk on roller skates. So a stand is a must in my opinion.

Also have not built the MG Red Frame, but I love the design; it's definitely on my short list of next PG contenders.

Ikaoru
June 10, 2012, 8:07 PM
My bad.... It's not PG! It's 1/60... But confuse ESP when you wrote on a smart phone.