PDA

View Full Version : Ordering spare parts.

dbr9tifosi
June 5, 2012, 1:21 AM
Just curious. How difficult is it to order spart parts from bandai? Specifically mega size Zaku II parts. Is the pricing fair or outrageous?

Joe
June 5, 2012, 2:59 AM
Ordering parts directly from Bandai is open to Japan residents only. :-(

thwalker13
June 5, 2012, 7:08 AM
Gundam Store and More, and GGinfinite both have part replacement. GS&M is a bit limited but GGinfinite should be able to get you what you need.

Joe
June 5, 2012, 1:13 PM
GGInfinite has a waiting list a mile long though... I've heard some people have been waiting 6 months for a part. I thought there was a way to get up to 3 parts replaced for free from Bandai. I'm researching that now...

FOUND IT!

1) Take pictures of the damaged parts or sprews that have missing parts;
2) Email bandaiactionkit@bandai.co.jp with a description of your problem (including which product you own) and the pictures that you took;
3) If Bandai Japan accepts your request, they would ask you for your name, your address, your phone number and the part numbers that you are requesting;
4) Send the requested information back to Bandai;
5) Replacement parts should arrive in 1-2 weeks by EMS.

thwalker13
June 5, 2012, 1:18 PM
Nice. I'll have to remember that.

I got a quote from this website for some extra parts. They emailed me back the next day. Though they seem to be a little expensive. At least I felt so.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/gundam/

Joe
June 5, 2012, 7:13 PM
I've never ordered from Hobby Search, but, they have been around as long as HLJ. So I am pretty sure they are reliable. How were their prices on parts?

thwalker13
June 5, 2012, 10:40 PM
They quoted me at about 7 bucks per part.

Joe
June 5, 2012, 11:45 PM
Holy cow! Well, if you really need the parts... I've got a couple high grades that have broken/missing parts. I can buy the whole kit all over for $10-15, so I don't think I will be going that route.

thwalker13
June 6, 2012, 7:19 AM
Yeah I wasn't to thrilled about it either. But if people are desperate, they will pay.

Executionervt009
June 6, 2012, 9:16 AM
Ouch... $7 a part, that's crazy. I broke one of the tail fins off of my PG Skygrasper putting it together, and couldn't glue it. Fortunately gundamstoreandmore.com had the parts I needed. They took a little bit for me to get them, but it was exactly what I needed when I got the part! And the price was pretty reasonable I thought.

I use them most of the time for my gundam stuff. They may not have all the lastest kits as soon as other sites do, but I've been happy with their service so far.