PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Wing Revival Project Competition 2

Joe
May 25, 2012, 2:28 PM
Gundam Wing Revival Project – Competition #2

New changes to the rules are in color!

Please read entire section carefully! Entries that do not follow the directions laid out will not be counted.

Objective: Complete a Bandai Plastic Model Kit pertaining to the Gundam Wing Universe. Modeler should be able to demonstrate clean building technique with minimal to no nub marks/scarring on the kit. Stickers/markings/decals used are neatly applied. Painting, pre-shading, post shading, panel lining are encouraged. Make your kit unique. No physical modifications or resin kits allowed. Custom color schemes are encouraged!

What is allowed:

Fully painted kits
Panel-lining any method the modeler chooses
Custom decals/stickers/markings

What is NOT allowed:

Physical modification to kits
Resin/metal/plastic option parts

Contest begins May 25th, 2012
Contest ends September 1st, 2012

To enter this contest you must complete the following steps:

1) Have a valid personal Facebook Page
2) “Like” the Gundam Wing Revival Project page on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/GundamRevivalProject
3) Take a picture of the Unfinished model. Picture should show the lid of the box with box art facing the camera. The lid should be taken off of the box and the unfinished kit/contents should be shown. An example is posted in our photo section. Please also include in the picture a note with the date the picture is taken. Photos taken before May 25th, 2012 will not be allowed. Share this photo on the event page for Competition 2.
4) Complete your model following the objectives above.
5) Take up to 6 photos of your completed model showing off your work. At least one photo should have you name, E-mail address, and the date written on a piece of paper in the photo. Upload you 6 photos and create an album on your Facebook page. Label the album “GWRP – Comp 2 Entry” Only photos of your kit should be in the album.
6) Post a link to your album on our Facebook Timeline by midnight September 1st, 2012 (Central Standard Time).
7) Judging will begin September 2nd, 2012. Winner will be announced shortly after judging is complete.

Complete list of Bandai Plastic Models allowed in this competition:

Gundam Wing -
1/144 Wing Gundam
1/144 Deathscythe
1/144 Heavy Arms
1/144 Sandrock
1/144 Shenlong
1/144 Tallgeese
1/144 Wing Zero
1/144 Altron
1/144 Deathscythe Hell
1/144 Tallgeese II
1/144 Epyon
1/144 Mercurius
1/144 Vayeate
1/144 Limited Model Leo
1/144 Limited Model Taurus
1/100 Wing Gundam
1/100 Wing Zero
1/100 Deathscythe
1/100 Deathscythe Hell
1/100 Shenlong
1/100 Altron
1/100 Epyon
1/60 Wing Zero

Endless Waltz -
1/144 Wing Zero Custom
1/144 Deathscythe Hell Custom
1/144 Heavy Arms Custom
1/144 Sandrock Custom
1/144 Nataku
1/144 Tallgeese III (may be built as Tallgeese I, II, or III)
1/144 Serpent Custom
1/100 Wing Zero Custom
1/100 Deathscythe Hell Custom
1/100 Heavy Arms Custom
1/100 Sandrock Custom
1/100 Nataku
1/100 Tallgeese III (may be built as Tallgeese I, II, or III)
1/100 Serpent Custom
Special released versions of any kit listed above (ex. Clear/chrome 1/144 EW kits or 1/100 Metalic Wing Zero Custom)

G-Unit -
1/144 Geminass
1/144 Aesculapius
1/144 L.O. Booster
1/144 Hydra Gundam
1/144 Gundam Griep

Master Grade -
Wing Gundam
Wing Gundam Ver Ka
Wing Gundam Ver EW
Deathscythe Ver EW
Deathscythe Hell Ver EW
Heavy Arms Ver EW
Sandrock Ver EW
Shenlong Ver EW
Epyon Ver EW
Wing Zero Custom
Wing Zero custom Pearl Finish

Perfect Grade -
Wing Zero Custom
Wing Zero Custom Pearl Finish

D-Smith
May 25, 2012, 3:07 PM
just gonna say you shouldn't make it so complicated to join and also if its gonna be fully painted why does it metter if its in its packaging still? the mecha lounge is putting on the biggest mecha competition in the history of mecha and theres is simple and easy on the forum you just create your thread of your model with a picture of the entry pass and it doesn't matter if the model is already assembled if its gonna be painted, as long as the model is not in its final entry state you are good to go. i wanna enter in my PG and or my MG wing and i can't because i cut out most of the pieces but i have clearly not done the model and thats where i think this system is flawed. but its your competition so do what you guys want but i think you are gonna scare people off with all the requirements.

julius
May 25, 2012, 3:14 PM
What are the prizes? lol

D-Smith
May 25, 2012, 3:16 PM
What are the prizes? lol

good question! lol whats the motivation to do this comp?

Joe
May 25, 2012, 7:58 PM
The reason we've got this on Facebook and why we want everything on Facebook is because we're doing this over a number of message boards and blogs and YouTube channels, so it's just easier if everyone joins in on the main page on Facebook; easier for the judges to view everything and it easier for you guys to view your competition :-). I don't think it's all that complicated to join up, but I can understand the frustrations.

The reason for brand new kits is we want equal footing for everyone. Understandably, a Master Grade is going to take longer than a High Grade to complete, which is why you have all summer to do this either way. It's a small competition and it's the first one I've ever ran, so bare with me for a bit. I just want it to be fair for everyone of every skill level and for the rules to be clear. I don't think it's that much to ask that the kits be brand new a lot of competitions ask for this to be the case, I'm just asking for proof. But again, I can understand the frustrations you may associate with this requirement.

There are prizes! I forget to post those with the rules. The judges and I are still getting our funds together and organized for prizes. We thought we had a store to sponsor us all lined out, but we don't so we are taking from our own funds to make sure the winners are properly rewarded for their efforts and dedication. I can tell you the lowest dollar value will be $30 and most likely be a gift certificate to an online store that will ship to their country.

All that being said, I will consider these suggestions D-Smith and I may be inclined to make changes. Either way, I can't and don't expect to please everyone with the rules that I lay out. Good luck to those who join and have fun.

D-Smith
May 25, 2012, 8:33 PM
well it just sucks because my kits are clearly not done but there not in the plastic thats all i'm saying

Joe
May 29, 2012, 6:46 PM
After careful consideration and talks with some close friends helping me with these competitions, I have decided to relax some of these rules. Stay tuned for updates.

As far as being on Facebook goes, that won't change. Please adjust your privacy settings accordingly.

D-Smith
May 29, 2012, 8:43 PM
very nice good choice because you have gained at least one more competitor

Joe
June 4, 2012, 1:56 AM
Feel free to post Works in Progress here or on Facebook!

Joe
August 27, 2012, 2:04 PM
This is it the last week to get your entries in!

Joe
August 31, 2012, 12:24 PM
Contest ends tomorrow!!!

Joe
September 25, 2012, 1:22 AM
WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Check the FB Page!