PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Wing Revival Project Competition 1

Joe
May 25, 2012, 2:26 PM
Gundam Wing Revival Project – Competition #1

New changes to the rules are in color!

Please read entire section carefully! Entries that do not follow the directions laid out will not be counted.

Objective: Complete a Bandai Plastic Model Kit pertaining to the Gundam Wing Universe. Modeler should be able to demonstrate clean building technique with minimal to no nub marks/scarring on the kit. Stickers/markings/decals used are original to the kit (no after market decals allowed) and are neatly applied. Panel-lining is not necessary, but will greatly enhance the look of the kit. Modelers may panel-line with any method they feel comfortable with. Small paint application for detail work ONLY is allowed.

What is allowed:

Panel-lining any method the modeler chooses
Small details may be painted to add a personal touch to the kit

What is NOT allowed:

Fully painted kits
Physical modification to kits
Resin/metal/plastic option parts
Decals/stickers/marking that were not included in the original kit

Contest begins May 25th, 2012
Contest ends September 1st, 2012

To enter this contest you must complete the following steps:

1) Have a valid personal Facebook Page
2) “Like” the Gundam Wing Revival Project page on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/GundamRevivalProject
3) Take a picture of the Unfinished model. Picture should show the lid of the box with box art facing the camera. The lid should be taken off of the box and the unfinished kit/contents should be clearly shown. An example is posted in our photo section. Please also include in the photo a note with the date the photo was taken. Photos taken before May 25th, 2012 will not be allowed. Share this photo on the event page for Competition 1.
4) Complete your model following the objectives above.
5) Take up to 6 photos of your completed model showing off your work. At least one photo should have you name, E-mail address, and the date written on a piece of paper in the photo. Upload you 6 photos and create an album on your Facebook page. Label the album “GWRP – Comp 1 Entry” Only photos of your kit should be in the album.
6) Post a link to your album on our Facebook Timeline by midnight September 1st, 2012 (Central Standard Time).
7) Judging will begin September 2nd, 2012. Winner will be announced shortly after judging is complete.

Complete list of Bandai Plastic Models allowed in this competition:

Gundam Wing -
1/144 Wing Gundam
1/144 Deathscythe
1/144 Heavy Arms
1/144 Sandrock
1/144 Shenlong
1/144 Tallgeese
1/144 Wing Zero
1/144 Altron
1/144 Deathscythe Hell
1/144 Tallgeese II
1/144 Epyon
1/144 Mercurius
1/144 Vayeate
1/144 Limited Model Leo
1/144 Limited Model Taurus
1/100 Wing Gundam
1/100 Wing Zero
1/100 Deathscythe
1/100 Deathscythe Hell
1/100 Shenlong
1/100 Altron
1/100 Epyon
1/60 Wing Zero

Endless Waltz -
1/144 Wing Zero Custom
1/144 Deathscythe Hell Custom
1/144 Heavy Arms Custom
1/144 Sandrock Custom
1/144 Nataku
1/144 Tallgeese III (may be built as Tallgeese I, II, or III)
1/144 Serpent Custom
1/100 Wing Zero Custom
1/100 Deathscythe Hell Custom
1/100 Heavy Arms Custom
1/100 Sandrock Custom
1/100 Nataku
1/100 Tallgeese III (may be built as Tallgeese I, II, or III)
1/100 Serpent Custom
Special released versions of any kit listed above (ex. Clear/chrome 1/144 EW kits or 1/100 Metalic Wing Zero Custom)

G-Unit -
1/144 Geminass
1/144 Aesculapius
1/144 L.O. Booster
1/144 Hydra Gundam
1/144 Gundam Griep

Master Grade -
Wing Gundam
Wing Gundam Ver Ka
Wing Gundam Ver EW
Deathscythe Ver EW
Deathscythe Hell Ver EW
Heavy Arms Ver EW
Sandrock Ver EW
Shenlong Ver EW
Epyon Ver EW
Wing Zero Custom
Wing Zero custom Pearl Finish

Perfect Grade -
Wing Zero Custom
Wing Zero Custom Pearl Finish

Exia
May 26, 2012, 6:53 PM
I'll get around to it. I'm just not sure how I feel about people finding my personal facebook. I keep that for my private thoughts and to keep in touch with old friends I no longer get to see on a daily basis.

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 6:56 PM
I'll get around to it. I'm just not sure how I feel about people finding my personal facebook. I keep that for my private thoughts and to keep in touch with old friends I no longer get to see on a daily basis.

yeah i agree with you man. thats why i don't like that its taking place on facebook, i see the appeal to them to do it on facebook but it doesn't seem like a proper medium to do it at. just designate a specific forum and have that be that.

Exia
May 26, 2012, 7:01 PM
yeah i agree with you man. thats why i don't like that its taking place on facebook, i see the appeal to them to do it on facebook but it doesn't seem like a proper medium to do it at. just designate a specific forum and have that be that.

If they designate a specific forum, then it'll be one giant waste. Cause if it's here, I'll probably stop posting as much just due to the increase in members and if they desinate another forum I won't join it because this is the forum I use to talk gundam.

I have all summer to put up the pictures, I'll probably do it. Just towards the end of August.

jlara96
May 26, 2012, 8:05 PM
I already have most of the old wing kits done, it sucks that I might not be able to enter this contest.:(

Joe
May 29, 2012, 6:44 PM
After some careful consideration and a good conversation with some friends helping me plan this out I have decided to revise some of the rules to allow kits that are out of their packaging... I'll be updating event pages on Facebook and the info here on the respective contest threads.

Joe
June 4, 2012, 1:55 AM
Feel free to post Works in Progress here or on Facebook!

Asterisk
June 4, 2012, 6:47 AM
What exactly counts as an unfinished kit? Suppose I have a snap-built kit, but have otherwise done no work to it, does that count?

Joe
June 10, 2012, 12:25 PM
For the sake of the competition unfinished can mean snapped together as long as you are going to do a good amount of more work. I tell you what, take the initial picture of the kit with the limbs removed, we'll call it good :-P.

Asterisk
June 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Ah. I didn't intend to enter this one in particular, but one of the others with a full paint job.

Exia
June 13, 2012, 9:31 PM
Well I've started, the runners are out of the plastic bags. Haven't done anything other than that. It's not like this has to be rushed.

Joe
June 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to see what you have in store.

Exia
June 13, 2012, 11:05 PM
It'll just be out of box, maybe some panel lining. Is it cool if I paint the beam saber handle white?

Squee
June 13, 2012, 11:39 PM
LOL I can't comprehend this. :confused:

Exia
June 17, 2012, 11:31 PM
It'll just be out of box, maybe some panel lining. Is it cool if I paint the beam saber handle white?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/GUNDAM/DSC02400.jpg

Is it cool if I paint that?

BobTD
June 18, 2012, 12:09 AM
He said detail work was alright. Just no fully painted models. I would assume thats fine.

I decided to give this a go and ordered an Epyon. As a miniature painter I was considering jeweling the chest piece if it was a sticker. Might even replace the green stickers with some metallic green.

Joe
June 18, 2012, 3:11 AM
Sorry for the delay! Yes, detail work such as painting the handle there, is acceptable. Looking forward to this!

LOL I can't comprehend this. :confused:
What can't you comprehend?

Exia
June 18, 2012, 3:15 AM
I assumed so, but I wanted a proper judgement on it. I'm pretty sure I've got some white paint around my house. Still haven't started it yet, it wierd I've had the Hydra for like a month I don't know why I'm stalling.

Joe
August 27, 2012, 2:03 PM
This is it the last week to get your entries in!

Gundamben831
August 27, 2012, 2:53 PM
Joe am I too late to enter in this? I know I have less than a week but is it still ok to enter? I have a MG Wing EW I will most likely finish it within the timeline and post everything by then if its ok?

Joe
August 27, 2012, 4:26 PM
DUDE! Go for it! Just be sure to get the submission photo in before the kit is completed and be sure to read the rules carefully.

Gundamben831
August 27, 2012, 6:32 PM
DUDE! Go for it! Just be sure to get the submission photo in before the kit is completed and be sure to read the rules carefully.

tomorrow is going to be a long day filled with lots of coffee and possibly band aids lol

Exia
August 28, 2012, 12:23 AM
Finished the Hydra!!!!!

Now to sit around and then get to panel lining.

Exia
August 29, 2012, 3:14 AM
Before I start panel lining!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/GUNDAM/DSC02449.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/GUNDAM/DSC02450.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/GUNDAM/DSC02451.jpg

Sorry for that second one......and yeah I know about the stickers....best I can do. Stickers don't really wanna stick.

Joe
August 29, 2012, 3:14 PM
The older the kit, the worse the stickers.

Just do what you can, bro! Good luck!

Exia
August 31, 2012, 1:26 AM
Thanks. I started panel lining, I remebered why I didn't bother originally. This is friggin' boring!!!!! Just OMG!!!!!! I find no enjoyment from this at all. I might literally half ass it, just panel line the left half to show the difference between both sides, but I'll probably do it all......

Joe
August 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
Contest ends tomorrow!!!

Exia
August 31, 2012, 7:48 PM
FINISHED!!!!

It was a pita but I did it.

Joe
September 25, 2012, 1:21 AM
WINNERS ANNOUNCED! Congrats to Exia!

Exia
September 25, 2012, 1:25 AM