PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best villain?

zarus
May 18, 2012, 10:05 PM
I vote Haman Khan. She's among the craftiest, certainly the bravest, and quite possibly the best pilot of all the Big Bads. She's the only one who's sympathetic, and the only one who dies photogenically.

Char Aznable does some cool things, but he's kind of overrated IMO; he never downs a named pilot by himself, and the only reason he was a credible villain in Char's Counterattack was because the Federation was so frakking stupid. Plus, his political agenda was INSANE. How do you help Earth's environment by bringing about a nuclear winter? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Kenico
May 18, 2012, 10:09 PM
The honor is a Six way tie:

Bask OM

Ali Al Satchez

Ribbons Almark

Durandal

Rau le Cruset

Major Rint

Exia
May 18, 2012, 10:11 PM
I vote Haman Khan. She's among the craftiest, certainly the bravest, and quite possibly the best pilot of all the Big Bads. She's the only one who's sympathetic, and the only one who dies photogenically.

Char Aznable does some cool things, but he's kind of overrated IMO; he never downs a named pilot by himself, and the only reason he was a credible villain in Char's Counterattack was because the Federation was so frakking stupid. Plus, his political agenda was INSANE. How do you help Earth's environment by bringing about a nuclear winter? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Actually, makes perfect sense. You make the Earth uninhabitable forcing the surviving population into space. Therefore allowing all of humanity a chance at the next step in human evolution, by living in space growing accustom to not having one's soul dragged down by gravity. It's a chance for humanity as a whole to evolve into Newtypes there by no longer relying on the Earth for sustinance and also allowing the centuries of warfare and pollution to be earased in one fell swoop meaning the Earth can heal itself at its' own rate.

But overall I like Rau Le Cresent.

CharAznable
May 18, 2012, 11:26 PM
Honestly I'd have to go with Paptimus Scirocco. The only reason I don't pick Char is because he's not really a villain until CCA. He's just the antagonist.

zarus
May 19, 2012, 1:33 AM
Honestly I'd have to go with Paptimus Scirocco. The only reason I don't pick Char is because he's not really a villain until CCA. He's just the antagonist.

Because he's the only character who really exploits his Newtype powers and actually BUILDS his own mobile suits instead of relying on Anaheim Electronics or the Federation?

Jae102
May 19, 2012, 4:55 AM
Char Aznable
Haman Khan
Ali Al Saachez
Rau Le Creuset
Master Asia
Anavel Gato

Amuro Ray
May 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I'm going with Char. He's my fave.

Deathscythe!
May 19, 2012, 1:37 PM
Talking about the best villiains that have been "released" so far , I am wondering whether Treize Khushrenada is one . What I do really think is , that Treize does not irradicate any colonies in G:W . I've watched it 3 times and never have I really understood why he is shown as the evil one . So is he one ?

Assuming that he's one , Treize is being voted for by me ..... and maybe Anavel Gato , for being a feared ace-pilot with a huge amount of kills by 0083 .

CharAznable
May 19, 2012, 3:55 PM
Because he's the only character who really exploits his Newtype powers and actually BUILDS his own mobile suits instead of relying on Anaheim Electronics or the Federation?

You guessed it ;)

TwilightKing
May 19, 2012, 7:32 PM
Ali Al Satchez, Nena Trinity, and Ribbons Almark.

zarus
May 19, 2012, 10:27 PM
Talking about the best villiains that have been "released" so far , I am wondering whether Treize Khushrenada is one . What I do really think is , that Treize does not irradicate any colonies in G:W . I've watched it 3 times and never have I really understood why he is shown as the evil one . So is he one ?

Assuming that he's one , Treize is being voted for by me ..... and maybe Anavel Gato , for being a feared ace-pilot with a huge amount of kills by 0083 .

Seriously, the only big thing that he does is kill off the Romefeller Foundation, who are basically the Bad Guys anyway.

I just realized that I generally don't like any of the Gundam protagonists, they're generally just tools of the Federation. The AEUG had the potential to be a revolutionary force, but they just became a replacement for the Federation.

If you look at their flag, it's a globe with a grid superimposed on it. They just want to force a uniform structure on top of everything. Zeon's symbol is really scary and alien, but the Federation symbol implies things that are actually worse.

Executionervt009
May 20, 2012, 10:39 PM
Ali Al-sachez is a money grubbing warmonger...
Char, everyone loves Char, so he's not really a villain anyways...
Gato rates very high on the list for being an iron man of Zeon, and shoving the Fed's noses in their incompetence, but i wouldnt say the best...
Rau Le Cruset, not a bad choice, but a little too preachy to be on top...
The Federation is their own worst enemy in some points of veiw...

But surprisingly, when I think about it, the best villain of all is one who not only gets his way, but does so in a way that you want them to do it.
Therefore, my pick, the unlikely...
Gilbert Durandal, Gundam Seed Destiny.

This guy had the whole world in the palm of his hand, the entire time his hands controlling the puppet strings. Sure, the Federation went to war after Junious7 dropped, but he played them like a piano countering their every move, while helping those who had their hands out. He controlled every aspect of that era, directly or indirectly, and had the world ready to give in to the destiny plan like cattle to the slaughter, simply for promising better days ahead. How could someone who seems so nice and trustworthy be evil? Until Kira, Lacus & Co. came and opened up some whoop-ass.

Zeta
May 21, 2012, 4:01 PM
Ali Al-sachez is a money grubbing warmonger...
Char, everyone loves Char, so he's not really a villain anyways...
Gato rates very high on the list for being an iron man of Zeon, and shoving the Fed's noses in their incompetence, but i wouldnt say the best...
Rau Le Cruset, not a bad choice, but a little too preachy to be on top...
The Federation is their own worst enemy in some points of veiw...

But surprisingly, when I think about it, the best villain of all is one who not only gets his way, but does so in a way that you want them to do it.
Therefore, my pick, the unlikely...
Gilbert Durandal, Gundam Seed Destiny.

This guy had the whole world in the palm of his hand, the entire time his hands controlling the puppet strings. Sure, the Federation went to war after Junious7 dropped, but he played them like a piano countering their every move, while helping those who had their hands out. He controlled every aspect of that era, directly or indirectly, and had the world ready to give in to the destiny plan like cattle to the slaughter, simply for promising better days ahead. How could someone who seems so nice and trustworthy be evil? Until Kira, Lacus & Co. came and opened up some whoop-ass.

I have to agree with you. Durandal was very manipulative, right from the get go. In episode 1 you could see him toying with Cagalli's strings about the need for mobile suits.

Zeon's RedComet
May 21, 2012, 7:44 PM
Char's not really a villian, even in CCA, I considered him more of an antagonist, the reason he was doing what he was, was because of the fact that he thought it was the right course of action, compaired to Amuro's theory of leting the next few generations pan out and see if they come to realise peace on there own instead of being forced into Newtypes.

Ali Al-Sachez? Not really high on my list personaly, why? He was like Yazan, he was in it for the killing, and the money, not very super Villiany, I like my villians to have a goal.

I also don't consider Gato a Villian, mainly due to Zeon bias.

Ribbons has to take the list for me, God Complex? Check, Maniputilve? Check, Good pilot? Check. Honestly I think if he had a real Twin GN drive on the Reborns he'd have nearly won if not full on won.

phantomkirby
May 22, 2012, 7:53 PM
Hmm, I kind of have an opposite mindset compared to you, RedComet. I find a "true" villain to be just plain evil, like that Shima woman (in Stardust Memory) or Ali Al Saachez, and Yazan. I just find that whenever characters have a goal, you sympathize with them and their intentions, and so what they are doing isn't all that "evil" - for example, at some level, I could understand antagonists like Char. In CCA, he dropped the asteroid for a reason, as he explained - because the Earth Federation is corrupt, people should become Newtypes and colonize, et cetera et cetera. Some you just can't, because they openly admit that they're badassly evil, and that they're just in it for the killing and the enjoyment of it. Those are who I consider true "villains".

I agree with CharAznable's post - Char is more like an antagonist than a villain. Most of the "villains" are more "antagonists" than "villains".

Zeon's RedComet
May 22, 2012, 8:08 PM
Don't get me wrong I love Villians like Yazan and Such, and I agree when someone has a goal you usually sypthize with them (like me considering char more of an antagonist same with Anvil) but some like Ribbons, who have a pretty, well sinister God Complex, and want to rule with an iron fist, are just better villians to me, he's evil, but he's going somewhere, if that makes sense.

I still have Yazan and Ali Al Sanchez on my list (Sachez mainly ranks to his money grubing and killing for fun, same with Yazan for that last part) but I just thought Ribbons, was better, just my opinion.

I also don't consider Char a villian as I've said, hell I love the guy as seen in my name :P

CharAznable
May 22, 2012, 8:15 PM
Ribbons and Scirocco. They both have this presence about them that just screams "if I can't have it, then no one can." There is no doubt in my mind that they both would burn everything to the ground before handing it over. The people they employ, Ali-al Sachez and Yazan respectively, are a real good example of the manipulative nature of these two. If those two guys can be convinced to become part of a functioning militant group, the possibilities are scary..... as shown by Durandel.

Zeon's RedComet
May 22, 2012, 8:16 PM
Yeah I have to say it's a tie with Scirocco, and Ribbons TBH, though I prefer Scirocco, as a charictar, he has less of that god complex, but that also pushs him in the lead, love them both though.