PDA

View Full Version : Gato Question

CROSSBONES
May 14, 2012, 11:36 PM
Watching 0083: Stardust Memory. It has Anzabel (spelling? I keep thinking of him as Anna Belle Gato for some reason) Gato and it mentions him being the "nightmare of solomon". I am just curious if he actually had appearances in earlier movies or if he is only in Stardust. Thanks.

Exia
May 14, 2012, 11:52 PM
It's spelled Anavel Gato by the way, only in Stardust from what I've seen.

He became the "Nightmare of Solomon" in a single shot gundam manga.

Joe
May 15, 2012, 1:07 AM
Anavel Gato is one of my favorite characters. @Exia, not sure if that was a typo up there, but it is A-N-A-V-E-L. Pronounced like "Ah-nah-vel".

Anyway, yes, he had a brief stint in a manga. I wish they would have expanded even more on such an awesome ace pilot.

Exia
May 15, 2012, 1:18 AM
It was a typo, my keyboard has been acting up in a major way. Either skips a letter or space when I need it or completely messes up a word.

@Joe, have you read the manga? It's only 17 pages, but it's still pretty good.

Kenico
May 15, 2012, 4:08 AM
Long Live Anavel Gato! the only Non Newtype that could Whoop Char AND Amuros Asses From Earth to Axis and back again without breaking a sweat! a true Hero of Zeon!

Deathscythe!
May 15, 2012, 9:46 AM
Indeed , Anavel is verily a good pilot . I don't know why (or I've forgotten since I watched it) he loses against Kou . Well , I remember seeing him losing against Kou somehow . Or my mind is messed up . Or both .

Kenico
May 15, 2012, 9:51 AM
What the heck was all that?

Joe
May 15, 2012, 12:24 PM
Kenyon, Gato is NOT a Newtype.

D-Smith
May 15, 2012, 4:14 PM
he said non newtype

Kenico
May 15, 2012, 5:00 PM
THATS WHAT I SAID!!!!! I said "Non-Newtype" Facepalm...

CROSSBONES
May 15, 2012, 6:31 PM
Thanks for the help......and the link that got edited out (I did not know of that, and will use it). I should have phrased my question a little better as well, I was more curious as to whether or not there was actual movie footage of Anavel's exploits that earned him the moniker of "Nightmare of Solomon". I did not remember him being in the original movies in that battle. With that being said, I'm only halfway through 0083 and Gato has become a definite favorite.

Joe
May 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
THATS WHAT I SAID!!!!! I said "Non-Newtype" Facepalm...

*HARD facepalm* In my defense, I had just woke up at that point.... Note to self: When tired, just shut up :-P

Sorry Kenyon! Please forgive my moronicness.

Kenico
May 16, 2012, 1:12 PM
im not chewin you out man... dont worry about it

(in clicheiqe Mobster dialect) Hey! forget about it!

Zeon's RedComet
May 16, 2012, 5:06 PM
Long Live Anavel Gato! the only Non Newtype that could Whoop Char AND Amuros Asses From Earth to Axis and back again without breaking a sweat! a true Hero of Zeon!

I think you're over estimateing him there, I'm sure Char would have made Operation Stardust as success. (I mean come on he'd just talk the feddies into giveing him things to crash into earth)

And yeah he could kick OYW Amuro's ass but CCA Amuro? Please, did you see how Amuro piloted in CCA?

Kenico
May 16, 2012, 5:12 PM
I think you're over estimateing him there, I'm sure Char would have made Operation Stardust as success. (I mean come on he'd just talk the feddies into giveing him things to crash into earth)

And yeah he could kick OYW Amuro's ass but CCA Amuro? Please, did you see how Amuro piloted in CCA?

OYW Amuro yes...CCA Amuro...dont know.

and as for Char having the Feddies hand over things to crash earth...Lawz.

Zeon's RedComet
May 16, 2012, 6:26 PM
What Char did it in CCA, look at Axis "Oh hi Char you crashed an astroid into us? You want to give us gold, and you promise not to crash this other astroid into us? Okay here you go."

Kenico
May 16, 2012, 7:51 PM
(laughs till he nearly busts his gut)

that pretty sums up that lol

Zeon's RedComet
May 16, 2012, 9:16 PM
Pretty much, Char must of had fortunes stacked up, I mean he offered Sayla gold to leave white base, and then that, then again he must of had some access to the family fortune or something.

Anyhow yeah Gato's still a great pilot but I don't think he'd beat CCA Amuro, he's about the same as MSG/Zeta Char, maybe CCA Char as well.