PDA

View Full Version : Mg Deathscythe Hell build

jayhat100
May 5, 2012, 8:56 PM
So this is my third kit to be painted. It is my first with an airbrush. I haven't post to any pictures yet because i didn't know how it was going to come out. There will not be any highlights or pre shading still practiceing on that mabye on Heavyarms. Well here is the first pic.2715

WING ZERO
May 5, 2012, 9:26 PM
interesting idea with the gold frame.

gdx9902
May 5, 2012, 9:50 PM
Nice selection with the gold. It contrasts very well with the lighter grey color.

jayhat100
May 7, 2012, 7:28 PM
So i got the main body all flat coated and decaled up, but compressor broke and i'm waiting for a part to finish the wings and fingers. 27312732

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 7:36 PM
nice work that red really pops out. i really like the gold frame i wonder what it would look like if the grey was all blacked out.

jayhat100
May 7, 2012, 9:35 PM
The funny thing is it is the red that came with the kit. I like how the gold frame came out. I should have thought of doing a total black armor. I was just happy the color came out just how i wanted it to it was my first time mixing paint. Really should have bought an airbrush a long time ago

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 9:46 PM
yeah looks really good. what paint did you use for the gold?

jayhat100
May 7, 2012, 9:51 PM
yeah looks really good. what paint did you use for the gold?
Tamiya gold leaf with a gloss black base coat.

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 9:55 PM
oh i gotcha. i haven't really messed with gold a bunch but i like the shine yours has. did you put a clear coat on it or did you leave it alone?

jayhat100
May 7, 2012, 10:00 PM
oh i gotcha. i haven't really messed with gold a bunch but i like the shine yours has. did you put a clear coat on it or did you leave it alone?

Used some krylon crystal clear on the gold and flat coated the rest.

thwalker13
May 7, 2012, 10:05 PM
Very nice job. I love the gold inner frame. Really brightens up the kit.

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 10:08 PM
Very nice job. I love the gold inner frame. Really brightens up the kit.
speaking of gold frames when you gonna tackle your project? i really wanna see that bad boy haha

jayhat100
May 7, 2012, 10:11 PM
Ya waiting to see updated pics of what you have done on the banshee

thwalker13
May 7, 2012, 11:52 PM
speaking of gold frames when you gonna tackle your project? i really wanna see that bad boy haha

If you're referring to my Perfect Grade Strike Freedom project. That will be quiet a ways down the road. I'm still getting used to paint kits. Once I get used to it. I'll move up to MG kits. And I hope to get an Air Brush between now and then as well. Anything to make painting the TONS upon TONS of parts easier.

Ya waiting to see updated pics of what you have done on the banshee

As a matter of fact. I got on here just to update that. I got a few new pics of some parts that I painted. I also can't wait to see your kit with it's wings. I've always loved the Deathscythe's wings.

jayhat100
May 22, 2012, 6:50 PM
So after compressor breaking down part order still shot, new compressor, classes, and a trip to disney i finished most of the painting still have a little grey to add to the wings and more decals. Here are some updated pictures.

Zeta
May 22, 2012, 7:07 PM
Wow, that thing looks awesome!!

thwalker13
May 22, 2012, 8:45 PM
I agree. It looks awesome.

jayhat100
May 22, 2012, 9:06 PM
Thank you all for the comments. I was really worried about the colors but it came out nice. the wings did not come out as smooth as i wanted (my fault on the priming). But i can live with it.