PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone from?

Joe
April 30, 2012, 5:42 PM
Hey guys, I'm just curious to know where everyone is at across the globe? Get as specific as you want. I definitely understand if you don't want to share too much on the interwebs.

It would just be really cool to find out that some of us are practically neighbors!

I'm originally from Kankakee county in IL. I am currently staying in Mahomet, IL near Champaign/Urbana home of the Fighting Illini! (not a sports fan, but they are here and I figured someone will know who they are). Also of note in Champaign, IL; Hobbico and Horizon Hobby have head quarters here and for those of you who watch That 70's Show Hyde frequently wears a shirt that says "Slot and Wing" on it, that is a hobby shop here!

ItsVince725
April 30, 2012, 5:53 PM
Born in Florida in the West Palm Beach area, but I've lived in Pennsylvania since I was five years old.

Zeon's RedComet
April 30, 2012, 6:41 PM
Origionaly from Everette Washington, now living in Elgin Oregon.

TwilightKing
April 30, 2012, 8:33 PM
Born and lived in Kentucky then moved to Georgia half a year ago.

Skittles
April 30, 2012, 9:05 PM
About an hour-n-change north of GSaM.

Exia
April 30, 2012, 9:07 PM
I'm from PA, born and raised here my entire life. 45 minutes from Philly.

CharAznable
April 30, 2012, 9:21 PM
Born and raised British Columbia. About an hour from Vancouver

WING ZERO
April 30, 2012, 10:24 PM
Origionaly from Everette Washington, now living in Elgin Oregon.
Another Oregon boy nice i was born in Everette lived in kingston washington then bremerton area now i live in Redmond Oregon

GNzaku0023
April 30, 2012, 10:28 PM
F'burg VA, and Norfolk Va

thwalker13
April 30, 2012, 10:38 PM
Was born in East Tennessee. And I'm still living here in East Tennessee. Just North of Knoxville.

Zeon's RedComet
May 1, 2012, 1:05 AM
Another Oregon boy nice i was born in Everette lived in kingston washington then bremerton area now i live in Redmond Oregon

Whoa crazy small world :P

Yeah I lived in Everett till I was 5, and then lived in Kittitas Washington (Small town near Ellensburg Washington, and just over the hill from Yakima) for awhile before moving here.

gdx9902
May 1, 2012, 3:24 AM
I'm shouting from across the border, Vancouver, British Columbia.

I'm also an organizer for the local Vancouver Gunpla club called Vanpla.
We have local meetings and meets.

Kenico
May 1, 2012, 4:46 AM
Stewart, Mississippi. more specifically the boondocks (or the backwoods) where the only towns with in 8 miles are French Camp, Stewart proper, and Kilmichale. not alot of gunpla fans around my neck of the woods except Ghost and another friend. :(...hopefully theres more, they just havent come out of the woodwork yet lol

SilverFrameAstray
May 1, 2012, 8:22 AM
Holy shit I'm the only one from across the pond.

Frankfurt, Germany.

Then moved all across from King George to Manassass to now Fredericksburg VA.
Conveniently, a large amount of our members are here in VA.

WING ZERO
May 1, 2012, 4:13 PM
Whoa crazy small world :P

Yeah I lived in Everett till I was 5, and then lived in Kittitas Washington (Small town near Ellensburg Washington, and just over the hill from Yakima) for awhile before moving here.
Elgin is by lagrande right?

Zeta
May 1, 2012, 4:18 PM
Born and raised in California. I currently live about 5 minutes south of a city called Anaheim.

Kenico
May 1, 2012, 7:34 PM
...I currently live about 5 minutes south of a city called Anaheim.

Wow, we all know a guy who lives near anaheim electronics (jke)...ever get a chance to see some new hardware goin up to Van Brawn?

Zeta
May 1, 2012, 9:05 PM
Wow, we all know a guy who lives near anaheim electronics (jke)...ever get a chance to see some new hardware goin up to Van Brawn?

Yeah. Once I saw a new mobile armor getting ready to take off from Anaheim. It was piloted by some girl. She looked cute, so asked her if she could for some cafe coffee. She declined and said that the new SUIT was her boyfriend who was supposed to be returning to space. I later realized that what I saw was the Zeta Gundam.

Kenico
May 1, 2012, 11:47 PM
awesomeness...

om3rta
May 2, 2012, 1:45 AM
Ypsilanti, MI. Nobody from out of state knows how to say that, or at least telemarketers/phone service people don't. Always a good time listening to people try to say that, or spell it when they ask for your city.

Joe
May 2, 2012, 1:56 AM
There are a lot of cities in Wisconsin and Michigan have names like that. I forget if they are Native American names or not, but there's a reason they are spelled "strangely" and pronounced differently than they appear.

Zeon's RedComet
May 5, 2012, 7:31 AM
Elgin is by lagrande right?

Yeah about 20 miles out, LaGrande is the biggest place near by, and it isn't exactlly Manhatten lol.

Asterisk
May 5, 2012, 8:34 AM
I live in King George, VA. Just a stone's throw from GNZaku and SilverFrame.

Deathscythe!
May 5, 2012, 8:41 AM
I was born in Trier , Germany and I've been living here ever since .

This place is fairly awfully boring . By the time I was born , the church had taken control over this place and it has not changed at all although people have been becoming less religous . I have not had (and I will probably never) have any issues with telling one where I live . Nobody has ever come here and nobody will . And this stupid event called "heilig rock tage" (engl : "holy rock days") are going on . This place has been filled up with tourists all around . It would not be a problem if this place were big . And the people themselves are retards . The majority here does not have any brains .

WING ZERO
May 5, 2012, 3:48 PM
Yeah about 20 miles out, LaGrande is the biggest place near by, and it isn't exactlly Manhatten lol.

is there a hobby shop there that carries gunpla or are you like me and have to order everything?

Zeon's RedComet
May 5, 2012, 9:22 PM
I know there is a hobby shop, but I don’t know if they carry anything Gundam related, I don’t build any models, think I’m the only one who doesn’t on this forum. (Not that I don’t want to I’m thinking of starting this summer provided I have the money for it)

phantomkirby
May 22, 2012, 8:29 PM
Hello people who are mostly American! (and one German post I see too!). Any Canadians here? (I saw one post from Vancouver.)
I was born in Japan. When I was young, my family moved from Japan to China (I'm part Chinese too). Then after staying there for only a couple of months, we moved straight to Niagara Falls, Canada. And haha, no, not IN the FALLS, but in the city surrounding the Falls.

Anyways, we moved several times, to Hamilton, and eventually to Kitchener-Waterloo. To get Gundam kits here, we usually just wait until we travel back to our family in Asia (where there's tons of anime shops), or we could just visit Toronto (with its huge Asian population, there's always shops selling gundam model kits here).

Zeon's RedComet
May 22, 2012, 8:58 PM
Yeah, allot fo americans here, mainly because most every Gundam fan in North America is Gundam Starved. :P

(PS I think we have two people from Germany, SFA was born there but lives in Virginia if I rember correctly and then Deathscythe too.)

Deathscythe!
May 23, 2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah, allot fo americans here, mainly because most every Gundam fan in North America is Gundam Starved. :P

(PS I think we have two people from Germany, SFA was born there but lives in Virginia if I rember correctly and then Deathscythe too.)

On Sunday , while I was participating in a conv. , he said he lived in America . I do actually live in Germany . xD

Zechs36
May 23, 2012, 12:54 PM
Born in Norfolk, VA. Moved to Raleigh, NC when I was 7

Zeon's RedComet
May 23, 2012, 7:23 PM
@Deathscyhte I know that's why I said he lives in Virginia now. And I know you actually live there :P My bad.

jayhat100
May 23, 2012, 8:48 PM
I live in Port St. Lucie florida. Have to order all my gunpla online (nobody sells them in my area) and have to drive 45mins. to the unlocal hobby store if i want to use tamiya paints. But i can pretty much paint all year long if i want. I will say somthing funny is on a recent trip to Ebcot center in Disney world they sell gunpla in there japan exibit. Who knew

rebirth112
June 19, 2012, 1:39 PM
I am born in China, Quanzhou, and I moved to Vancouver BC in Canada early in my life. Now I live in Richmond BC and go to high school <.<

swark34
August 17, 2012, 6:18 AM
I was wondering if we had anybody from the south out there.

Deathscythe!
August 17, 2012, 7:38 AM
I'm not quite sure, but I've already heard that Kenyon's origins lie in the south.

thwalker13
August 17, 2012, 7:39 AM
I live in Maynardville TN. Just north of Knoxville. So yep, Southern born and bred here.

uncleremuslegend
August 17, 2012, 8:04 AM
I was wondering if we had anybody from the south out there.

does Dallas/Forth Worth TX qualify? ;)

Squee
August 17, 2012, 8:45 AM
NYC Born and raised.

uncleremuslegend
August 17, 2012, 9:12 AM
NYC Born and raised.

what burrough? dad was born and raised in westchester, aunt and uncle still live in jamaica queens... :thumbs:

swark34
August 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
thats was up im from arkansas. and ya texas is southern

uncleremuslegend
August 17, 2012, 11:25 AM
lol...i figured as much ;) where about in arkansas are you ?

Squee
August 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
what burrough? dad was born and raised in westchester, aunt and uncle still live in jamaica queens... :thumbs:

In the Bronx. My last job was up in Westchester, it's about a 20 minute drive from my house.

dr1
August 17, 2012, 12:06 PM
i live in somonauk ill near sandwitch ill

Gundamswag
August 17, 2012, 1:21 PM
I live in a unique city in the state of Missouri. Midwest all the way.

Joe
August 17, 2012, 8:19 PM
WOO! Go Midewest Team!

Gundamswag
August 18, 2012, 12:59 AM
Heck yeah! What part of the midwest are you from, Joe?

FelksStrike
August 18, 2012, 12:18 PM
Well Im from South Florida Davie. the rain is nuts down here fun time in the summer time...

Polaris Gundam
August 18, 2012, 12:29 PM
Born and Raised in South Salt Lake City, Utah
but I lived in Green Bay, Wisconsin for a while.

Joe
August 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
Heck yeah! What part of the midwest are you from, Joe?

I'm the opening poster :-P. Currently in Champaign, IL area.

Gundamswag
August 18, 2012, 5:36 PM
My laziness got the best of me. lol I thought I'd have to search through the whole thread and was like "too long didn't read".

swark34
August 19, 2012, 1:36 PM
Texarkana Ar,

lol...i figured as much ;) where about in arkansas are you ?