PDA

View Full Version : Blaze Zaku Phantom 1/100 quality?

Lights
April 29, 2012, 6:11 PM
Does anyone have experience with the Seed Desinty Blaze Zaku Phantom kit? This is the kit: http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban932157.html

I'm now working on a HG justice 1/100 and there are more noticeable seamlines than I'd like. All I have now is testors countor putty and it helps cover them a bit but its a messy process :| there's no MG kit for that zaku though so I'd want to make it look as nice as possible.

Any tips on making HG kits look as if they're MG quality?

Executionervt009
May 6, 2012, 1:26 PM
Those 1/100 kits are I think technically a grade below the 1/144 HG kits. They are a non-grade kit, so movement, mobility and proportions are going to be off compared to a graded kit. They can still look very cool, but they're going to take a little more effort to get them to look like their HG or MG counterparts.

SilverFrameAstray
May 6, 2012, 1:33 PM
My brother owns one and they aren't so bad at all. Very solid, pretty good color separation.

My Astraea is a NG 1/100 and is phenomenal.

gundam007
May 20, 2012, 8:41 PM
I have that exact one. Also the green version and orange. All 1/100. As far as the seam lines go, I used a fine tip gundam gray marker on this version, so it seemed to make the model stand out. I used a black marker on th other versions. I like those 1/100 sizes better than the 1/144.