PDA

View Full Version : RG vs MG inner frame comparison.

TheNilvarg
April 12, 2012, 11:38 PM
I bought and assembled my first Gundam model this week - a Real Grade RX-78-2 - and I'm extremely impressed with the level of detail - especially in the inner frame, with its pistons and sliding connectors and pivoting armor parts.

I'm considering buying a Master Grade now. So I'm wondering: Do the Master Grade kits have the same level of detail in their inner frames? Specifically, when you bend the knee on the Real Grade RX-78-2, the armor plates connected to the pistons will actually split apart and shift around, and it just looks amazing. I figured the MG kits would be even more amazing, but I'm getting worried now because I just watched a YouTube video of the 1/100 MG RX-78-2 2.0 kit, and the armor plates just sat still when he bent the joint.

Are there no Master Grade kits that have the same complex functionality when it comes to movement?

Thanks!

Joe
April 13, 2012, 3:04 AM
MG Gundam Mk II version 2.0 has pretty good movement of armors and such. The thing about the RG line is they are purposefully re-designing the various Mobile Suits to fit the RG motif of sliding armors and different colored armor panels. So you won't find anything in a different line of models that's going to function the same way as a Real Grade.

thwalker13
April 13, 2012, 7:07 AM
Joe is right. The RG line is designed completely different than any other model. Though most MG kits do have the "splitting thighs". Most of the older kits do not. Lately that has been a standard for certain kits. The MG Strike Freedom has splitting thighs and other armor parts that move when a joint is bent. It just really depends on which kit you're looking at.

megamerd
December 12, 2012, 11:53 PM
I have a concerned about how compact everything is on a real grade ,and if everything will fall of or the polly caps ware down with in 2 days like the high grades.

The Madcap
December 13, 2012, 1:20 PM
I have a concerned about how compact everything is on a real grade ,and if everything will fall of or the polly caps ware down with in 2 days like the high grades.

The polycaps wear down in 2 days? What are you doing with HGs?

megamerd
December 13, 2012, 4:53 PM
its mostly in the hands shield and torso

Joe
December 13, 2012, 11:48 PM
I have never had poly-caps wear out that fast except in the early days when I played with my kits like they were action figures; which they are not. RG's don't use the same joints as HG kits though. RG frames tend to be pretty tight and stiff at first, after some movement back and forth they become a bit smoother, but still sturdy. As long as you aren't playing with your kits like toys or trimming down parts too much/cutting off pegs, they should hold up just fine.