PDA

View Full Version : only temporary

Kenico
April 1, 2012, 1:07 AM
well fellas, i may be just goin crazy, but around 12:00 on April 1st, Gundam Wing aired on Adult Swim. And no Fellas, im not making this up....

Dang, never thought i would see it put back up on CN, now i really know the worlds about to go bonkers lol

Exia
April 1, 2012, 1:40 AM
Well, what episode was it? Did it start at episode 1 or what?

Kenico
April 1, 2012, 1:45 AM
it was the episode involving the Tallgeese. and to make this even more twilight zonish, the Toonami line up logo and even TOM showed up! and after Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star! This is a Madhouse i tell you!!!!!! :O :O :O :O :O :O dont believe me? If any of you can get CN GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I Repeat i am not making this up. this is not an April Fools Prank! if you have Cartoon Network, or Adult Swim to be more accurate, GO SEE IT NOW!!!!!

Exia
April 1, 2012, 2:03 AM
it was the episode involving the Tallgeese. and to make this even more twilight zonish, the Toonami line up logo and even TOM showed up! and after Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star! This is a Madhouse i tell you!!!!!! :O :O :O :O :O :O dont believe me? If any of you can get CN GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! I Repeat i am not making this up. this is not an April Fools Prank! if you have Cartoon Network, or Adult Swim to be more accurate, GO SEE IT NOW!!!!!

What's on right now at this second? I've got CN on right now, I don't know the show that's on now. Might be Techi Muyo, but I never watched it.

Saw the old Toonami ship!!!!!!!!!!!

Up next is Outlaw Star on Toonami!

Heard it for myself.

That's 2 confirms, any one else?

(and fyi this is CNs April Fools Day prank. Best. Prank. Ever. Wish they'd prank us like this more often!)

Zeta
April 1, 2012, 3:20 AM
As I said, this is no joke. Toonami is back, baby!

Kenico
April 1, 2012, 3:24 AM
As said in Toonami, OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Exia
April 1, 2012, 3:50 AM
As I said, this is no joke. Toonami is back, baby!

I'm gonna need a little proof. Cause everything I've read says this is a joke.

Kenico
April 1, 2012, 3:57 AM
Whelp time to hit the actual sources and the Greatest of them all: Wikipedia...Quickly Ghost Shepperd, to the Wiki Cave! (cheesy batman theme plays)

Zeta
April 1, 2012, 4:15 AM
Hmm, we shall see. I could be wrong. If not, Toonami will be on next week. Besides, they did a video game review of Mass Effect 3 and a DVD ad for DBZ and Gundam Wing. Plus, this is a very big move by [adult swim]. Toonami as an April Fools Prank, while good, would be a very dick move. I think they are going to continue this every Saturday.

Exia
April 1, 2012, 4:19 AM
If they do do this every Saturday, I know I'll be watching. Though I am expecting a dick move on their part, I'd rather be wrong on this one.

Kenico
April 1, 2012, 4:20 AM
PLEASE AS! dont screw us over on this one! you have a shot of bringing old school fans back. PLEASE!!!!!!!

Zeta
April 1, 2012, 4:24 AM
Same here. If this is a dick move, they are going to have some serious backlash. They wouldn't do this without facing serious consequences.

Zechs36
April 1, 2012, 9:59 AM
I saw it last night as well and thought it was a joke too, but I'm an optimistic guy. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Kenico
April 1, 2012, 3:14 PM
Agreed Friends. (speaking to Adult Swim) at least bring a Faux Toonami on the Saturday Sunday block!

TwilightKing
April 1, 2012, 10:42 PM
Soooo..... Is it gonna be on tonight or something? My friend RX-0 says around 1 am but I'm not sure what exactly is going on here.

Zeta
April 2, 2012, 12:57 AM
It was on last night from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM. They had DBZ, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo, and the first episode of Big O. The Gundam Wing episode was definitely a treat. Uncut and unedited, the way it should be.

Kenico
April 2, 2012, 2:27 AM
Whelp, it was a prank. waited until midnight and nutin. it was fun while it lasted...All of my Rage to CN. DAMN YOU CARTOON NETWORK! DAMN YOU I SAY!! (shakes his fist in the air)

Exia
April 2, 2012, 2:30 AM
Whelp, it was a prank. waited until midnight and nutin. it was fun while it lasted...All of my Rage to CN. DAMN YOU CARTOON NETWORK! DAMN YOU I SAY!! (shakes his fist in the air)

You know that Saturday night to Sunday morning is the time CN does its anime block right?

Zeta
April 2, 2012, 2:31 AM
It's okay, at least it wasn't reruns of Tommy Wesau's The Room.

Kenico
April 2, 2012, 2:39 AM
(suddenly the light bulb in Kenyons head flicks back on) Aww CRAP!!! (Face palms) sorry about that fellas my bad. i goufed up big time. hope to see the block on Saturday night. again my bad fellas lol

Exia
April 18, 2012, 2:04 AM
http://www.toonamiaftermath.com/

Zeta
May 17, 2012, 2:40 AM
This just in, Adult Swim has just announced that it will no longer be airing anime on Saturday nights. Instead, that role will be taken over by... Toonami! That's right, Toonami will becoming back on Saturday nights from 12:00 AM to 6:00 AM. Toonami will officially return on May 26, 2012. For more information, please click on the link below.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-05-16/adult-swim-brings-back-toonami-block-starting-on-may-26

Kenico
May 17, 2012, 6:35 AM
No Freakin way! it cant be! this has got to be a late april fools joke (a very late joke)

(looks at the article)

I still cant believe it...

DragoninDisguise
May 17, 2012, 6:37 AM
*hops happily around the room waving arms around*

Exia
May 17, 2012, 5:09 PM
Could'a just gone to the the adultswim website.

I love how they're telling everyone, ToonamisBackBitches

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

Kenico
May 18, 2012, 4:03 AM
yeah i saw that and i laughed so hard Dr. Pepper came out of my nose...interesting to learn it doenst burn as bad as i thought it would.

Exia
May 18, 2012, 4:15 AM
yeah i saw that and i laughed so hard Dr. Pepper came out of my nose...interesting to learn it doenst burn as bad as i thought it would.

Haha, good thing it wasn't a coke. That happened to me when I was drinking one and it burned bad and stopped as fast as it came, cleared my sinuses up though.

Kenico
May 18, 2012, 4:29 AM
thats good. back on topic. im so hyped about toonami...lets just hope AS has updated it for its fans who have gotten a little more matureer after seeing it in its glory days...in other words i hope they take the Toonami from its Glory days and make it for a mature audience. any bets?