PDA

View Full Version : RG Freedom (deactive mode)

Freedom
March 31, 2012, 1:55 PM
Hey guys! I noticed there is a RG freedom deactive mode. Is it a limited edition model kit?
I actually like the plain colour of it and wanted to grab one but not sure whether is it hard to find one.

Thanks!

squeam
March 31, 2012, 3:39 PM
Yes, it is a limited release and seems to be quite difficult to find. I found the deactive Strike at a quasi-reasonable price; but not the Freedom.

Freedom
April 1, 2012, 10:46 AM
Yes, it is a limited release and seems to be quite difficult to find. I found the deactive Strike at a quasi-reasonable price; but not the Freedom.

hey thanks!
mind if i ask the reason why freedom isnt a reasonable price?

Joe
April 1, 2012, 2:57 PM
because it's limited edition, therefor you have to pay a premium for it to have it imported.

Freedom
April 1, 2012, 11:00 PM
because it's limited edition, therefor you have to pay a premium for it to have it imported.

oh because squeam mentioned that the deactive strike is of reasonable price but not the freedom deactive which is why im puzzled abt.
hee pardon me for asking too many qns. wanting to know more before i purchase it since it cost more. :)

DAMN bandai sure know how to suck my money from my wallet. :(

Joe
April 2, 2012, 3:00 AM
Well, both the deactive RG Freedom and Strike are Bandai Hobby Web Shop limited models that you are only able to order if you live in Japan :-/ (major bummer). On their web shop, they sell for basically normal retail price, but again, have to live in Japan. Some websites have a proxy ordering system so you can buy them at slightly inflated prices. those dealers order them from Bandai and they sell them for just a bit more to make a profit. Then there are places based in the US that order them via proxy and then have to import them so the price goes up even further. It's a pain. Every once in a while you can find them on eBay for a decent price, which is probably what Squeam was referring to. It's not that the Strike sells for a better price, he just happened upon someone selling it for a better price than most dealers.

Also, sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I type out just short, to the point without capitalization sentences that sound like I'm being blunt, but I promise that's not the case; and I'd like to apologize if that earlier comment sounded snarky. Stupid emotionless text, why can't you just convey me as the jolly guy I try to be?! :-P

Freedom
April 2, 2012, 3:24 AM
Well, both the deactive RG Freedom and Strike are Bandai Hobby Web Shop limited models that you are only able to order if you live in Japan :-/ (major bummer). On their web shop, they sell for basically normal retail price, but again, have to live in Japan. Some websites have a proxy ordering system so you can buy them at slightly inflated prices. those dealers order them from Bandai and they sell them for just a bit more to make a profit. Then there are places based in the US that order them via proxy and then have to import them so the price goes up even further. It's a pain. Every once in a while you can find them on eBay for a decent price, which is probably what Squeam was referring to. It's not that the Strike sells for a better price, he just happened upon someone selling it for a better price than most dealers.

Also, sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I type out just short, to the point without capitalization sentences that sound like I'm being blunt, but I promise that's not the case; and I'd like to apologize if that earlier comment sounded snarky. Stupid emotionless text, why can't you just convey me as the jolly guy I try to be?! :-P

haha thanks so much jolly guy :)
thats v helpful of you to ans my question (being a guy with lots of qns) ^^

Cheers!

CKai Cydek
April 2, 2012, 6:56 AM
I think for the prices being quoted for the plain RG Strike by itself defeats the purpose of getting it in the first place...you'd have better value just getting more Aile Strikes for the other Striker Packs so you have spare Aile Packs left over for what would be a way cheaper price - especially when you consider that the Strike by itself is only a few hundred Yen less than the standard release.

Freedom
April 3, 2012, 3:44 AM
thanks for your input! im considering whether to get it as the colour theme on the deactive actually looks quite nice. :)
Moreover letting the two RGs (Active and Deactive) looks great.
its the price issue thats stopping me from ordering :(

Exia
April 3, 2012, 4:01 AM
thanks for your input! im considering whether to get it as the colour theme on the deactive actually looks quite nice. :)
Moreover letting the two RGs (Active and Deactive) looks great.
its the price issue thats stopping me from ordering :(

Give it a few months. Sometimes the limited edition stuff shows up rather cheap on ebay. Hell, apart from my Exia R2 in metallic (thank you robots4less), every other limited edition model/item I've got off ebay being patient.

If you want some examples just PM me, I don't feel comfortable posting what I got my L.E. stuff for.

Freedom
April 3, 2012, 5:00 AM
Give it a few months. Sometimes the limited edition stuff shows up rather cheap on ebay. Hell, apart from my Exia R2 in metallic (thank you robots4less), every other limited edition model/item I've got off ebay being patient.

If you want some examples just PM me, I don't feel comfortable posting what I got my L.E. stuff for.

sure thanks for your offer to guide! :)
I being waiting for RG Strike Rouge but apparently its too rare.
the only seller is selling it at EUR99.9............... >.<

genteikits
May 14, 2012, 4:02 AM
We have a batch coming in at the end of this month.

http://www.genteikits.com/kits/rg-1144-zgmf-x10a-freedom-gundam-de-active-mode/