PDA

View Full Version : Which model was the most challenging for you to build?

Zeta-G
September 14, 2010, 3:57 AM
For me it was probably my Full Armor ZZ Gundam. It was my first Master Grade and my only previous experience was only about half a dozen mid-nineties 1/144 wing kits and 2 or 3 mid-nineties 1/100 HG Wing kits. Needless to say, those simple kits didn't really prepare me for a Master Grade like FAZZ. 20 Master Grades (and numerous lesser kits) later, and I've never had a kit challenge me as much as FAZZ did.

Perhaps that day will come whenever I get around to buying a Perfect Grade or one of the ginormous Master Grades (like the O or the Ex-S). Or perhaps not.

Zombie Freyr
September 14, 2010, 4:29 AM
Since my collection only contains HG's :oops: , I would have to say that maybe my most difficult build was either my 1/144th GP01FB or my 1/100th Deathscythe Custom.

Kamari13
September 14, 2010, 3:46 PM
mine would be the 1)MG unicorn gundam or my )MG mobile pod ball ver.ka. The mg unicorn was that bad as for the build itself but had a few parts break ( which was a first for me) but I guess it would have to be the mg ball ver.ka due to those tiny little red wires.The Ball itself isn't that bad until you come to the part with those wires modelers beware. :lol:

Zeta-G
September 14, 2010, 4:29 PM
Which parts on your Unicorn broke? Was it the folding v-fin and the grey lower waist piece? If so, I can relate...

Kamari13
September 14, 2010, 6:39 PM
it was the folding v-fin , the grey inner frame on the thigh that you pull down and one of the white parts on the chest and that grey waste piece.

The Black Rabbit
September 18, 2010, 1:28 AM
I have only 1/144 HGUC and one unfinished 1/100 MG Strike Rouge, as to the toughest, will also be the best I ever did! A ORX-005 Gaplant TR-5 [Hrairoo] from Advance of Z; Flag of Titans. Changed the primary colors a bit, replaced much of the black colors with a bright orange and made it into a experimental test colors machine. Also the best I have done using an airbrush too, am still learning to get the hang of it!

GNzaku0023
October 7, 2010, 9:32 PM
By far the most challenging kit for me was my 1/144 Akatsuki Shiranui (sp). I love that kit, but trying to make sure you don't scratch the gold with your hobby knife (especially on the small parts) was the most frustrating moment in my gunpla history. Not even my mg rx-178 version was that frustrating.

A close runner up had to be my 1/144 hg Stargazer, but only because I had painted it black while it was still on the runners.

squeam
October 8, 2010, 10:18 AM
My first MG, RX-178 Mk.II, was the most challenging for me, although I suspect everyone had some level of difficulty with their first MG. Since then, the MG Zeta 2.0 HD was tough to assemble-due in no small part to extra gloss finish-but I loved every minute of it!

However, I have never been more frustrated building a kit than when I recently built the MG F91. I broke the faceplate (the first piece to EVER have broken on me), the joints range from extremely stiff to very floppy or they just fall out, and the completed model is escpecially delicate-every time I touch it, something falls off! I do love the way it looks, though. It seems that some have no problems with F91 and some people have even worse experiences than me. I don't know if its because it is one of the first (if not THE first) MG to go polycap-less or what, but that little kit gave me lots of problems.

Zeta-G
October 8, 2010, 3:11 PM
My first MG, RX-178 Mk.II, was the most challenging for me, although I suspect everyone had some level of difficulty with their first MG. Since then, the MG Zeta 2.0 HD was tough to assemble-due in no small part to extra gloss finish-but I loved every minute of it!

However, I have never been more frustrated building a kit than when I recently built the MG F91. I broke the faceplate (the first piece to EVER have broken on me), the joints range from extremely stiff to very floppy or they just fall out, and the completed model is escpecially delicate-every time I touch it, something falls off! I do love the way it looks, though. It seems that some have no problems with F91 and some people have even worse experiences than me. I don't know if its because it is one of the first (if not THE first) MG to go polycap-less or what, but that little kit gave me lots of problems.
The only issue I ever had with my F91 was one of the back fins wanted to fall out. He's currently in a place of prominence gripping his deployed V.S.B.R.s. It's one of my favorite kits; my only real regret is that I never lined it (Attempts to line my NG Wing Kits 10 years or so ago were a disaster, and resulted in them looking (even more) like crap and had put me off of lining for awhile; I only started lining again this year. Fine point Gundam Markers + Q-tips and/or toothpicks make lining a much easier affair than it was 10 years ago).

squeam
October 9, 2010, 11:59 AM
See, that's what I mean, some people had no issues with their F91. One person on YouTube had all kinds of trouble with the F91 but no problems with the blue Harrison F91, which is the same model. Oh well, I'm glad for you. Yeah, don't you just love those VSBRs?

BTW I lined my F91 and it looks really good. There were a LOT to do, but it was worth it. Also, Sometimes I like to let the Gundam pen ink dry, then use an eraser to remove the excess.