PDA

View Full Version : Forum Team Build

WING ZERO
March 26, 2012, 8:36 PM
This is the "Official" team build thread if you didn't read my last post on the previous thread that will bring you up to speed

as far as parts its pretty much unanimous i WILL be doing it random.
i don't have much else to say other than get your addresses sent to me
try to have your pieces back in the mail sent back to me within a week upon recieving your portion.

Good luck

Joe
March 26, 2012, 8:40 PM
Just one week? I think I can manage that... not sure if I want to do some mods to the part I get. Also, you said no posting pics of our parts, right? Only you were going to do that and not until you got them all back.

WING ZERO
March 26, 2012, 9:06 PM
correct because i don't want anyone to know what each others pieces look like until its all said and done
if one week is not enough time then thats fine but just do your best to get it done by then
i will either try to buy a camera to take better photos because my macbooks camera blows, or i will borrow one but i will make sure proper photos are posted. if anyone has a dece camera there lookin to sell i'm on the market lol

any questions or concerns just post

gaspar
March 26, 2012, 9:19 PM
All sounds good. Might need a little longer than a week due to random work stuff, but should be able to make whatever deadline is set or close to it. I'll PM you my address right after posting this.

Thanks again for hosting it!

WING ZERO
March 26, 2012, 9:49 PM
yeah no worries just send it off as soon as you can cause i understand work and other responsibilities

om3rta
March 26, 2012, 9:58 PM
Awww yeeeah.

I'll have to put all projects on hold to bang this out. Do you want those of us with cameras to take pics and send them to you if you can't get a camera?

DragoninDisguise
March 26, 2012, 10:02 PM
A week? I guess I could manage that. (I will be sending you my address momentarily)

thwalker13
March 26, 2012, 10:12 PM
I'll hopefully be able to pull it off in a week. About to send you a PM.

Wiltonican
March 26, 2012, 10:54 PM
Haha.. this idea is great! I wish I can participate with you guys. But, I have way too many commitments.

Anxious to see the results!

WING ZERO
March 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
i'm gonna seriously cry if my airbrush doesn't get back in time but i guess worst case scenario i have to hand paint.

om3rta
March 27, 2012, 2:53 PM
What kind of airbrush do you use? I have an Iwata HP-CS. It rocks when it works, but it's really touchy. If you look at it funny it'll get all clogged up. I'm still getting the hang of it, though, so it's probably more me than it messing up.

DragoninDisguise
March 27, 2012, 3:03 PM
Unfortunately, I do not have an airbrush; I just hand paint everything. (Like my SD 00 Qan[T])

WING ZERO
March 27, 2012, 3:56 PM
i have the aztek pro deluxe. but if i don't get my airbrush back in the next week i'm probably gonna go buy a new one so possibly something different lol

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 1:03 AM
waiting for one more persons address and then we will be set (besides waiting for the kit)

gdx9902
March 28, 2012, 1:52 AM
Sweet, I'm not the last one in. But since I am located in Canada, I might be the last one to get the part =(

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 10:15 AM
ok our 9th guy SilverFrameAstray is in

thwalker13
March 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
Awesome. So who all is in on this?

Joe
March 28, 2012, 1:12 PM
Let the 1st annual Gunpla Games begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Sorry, I just had to -- HAD TO!

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 3:07 PM
Squeam
SilverFrameAstray
Joe
om3rta
thwalker13
gdx9902
DragoninDisguise
gaspar
WING ZERO

thwalker13
March 28, 2012, 4:58 PM
This is going to be fun. I can't wait.

squeam
March 28, 2012, 5:26 PM
Let the 1st annual Gunpla Games begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Sorry, I just had to -- HAD TO!

We have a big, big, big project ahead of us.

Joe
March 28, 2012, 9:21 PM
We have a big, big, big project ahead of us.

YAY people understand my references!

I'm very excited for this though. Since it's just one part of a model, I feel I can really give it my all. I'm going to focus everything I would put toward a whole model on the part I get. I think I might try my hand at some modifications!!!

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 9:23 PM
shoosh!!! no leaking of information lol

gdx9902
March 30, 2012, 6:36 AM
Can we share which part we got? (when it arrives?)

Also what about the decals that come with the kit? Will you be adding those last after everyone has returned their parts? or can we use custom decals?

WING ZERO
March 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
thats fine just nothing that gives any hints to your design

The kit left Portland sometime early in the morning so it should be at my house tomorrow.

thwalker13
March 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Nice. I'm excited.

WING ZERO
March 30, 2012, 9:31 PM
Well went to my hobby shop today after three weeks of waiting for my brush to get back to be told yeah sorry not here yet and all your ruined tips we won't be replacing so here is what i wrote them.

Hey i was just in there and i left pretty frustrated. I just don't understand why my brush was shipped out ten days after I gave it to you guys. it makes more sense now why its not back yet. i guess what frustrates me more is the fact that i'm gonna have to spend about a hundred dollars to replace the tips that were ruined and i get that part of that was user error probably but the fact that the dual action being defective causing the needle to not sit properly and leak paint out the end and gum up on the tip seems like the fault of the defective brush. but my big final frustration is the fact that this thing had to get sent off in the first place. Usually when a product is defective before the buyer even had a chance to touch it, it gets exchanged. I feel like that being the case i should have just been given one out of the glass case but instead i have to give it to you guys wait ten days for it to get shipped out and then wait two or three weeks to get it back. i don't think that is an outlandish thing to ask since i've spent a total of $759.30 on painting supplies and models at your store as well another $150 on supplies else where and another $638 on kits from different stores. i have invested a lot of money for it to be put on hold for a defect that i had no way of avoiding and that is why i'm so angry at how this has all played out so i don't know, you guys can think i'm an ass hole for writing this but i think you guys need to do something.

do you guys think i am being ridiculous or is this justified?
don't worry guys team build is still on even though i don't have a brush as of now. hopefully those dicks will give me a brush tomorrow but if not i'll go ol' fashioned.

WING ZERO
March 31, 2012, 2:54 PM
The kit is supposedly out for delivery so we will find out when i get home

whos got there deigns all planned out already? i know what i'm gonna do. might look sick or like total poo we will see lol

om3rta
March 31, 2012, 3:02 PM
Not gonna lie, this'll be my fist time trying to do anything more advanced than just painting a piece a different color. I have zero experiencer masking or anything like that, but I'mma see what I can pull of on this. Probability it'll turn out like poo: medium to high. That's what sanding sticks, thinner and putty are for, though. If it sucks, I shall fix it.

gaspar
March 31, 2012, 3:09 PM
I'm getting excited! Went out and bought new paint today :D

WING ZERO
March 31, 2012, 3:13 PM
go crazy on it lol. i won't be modding just custom colors.

oh i will be doing the drawing tonight to see who gets what pieces so i will post that later tonight

should i assemble the model first and ship it out like that or just cut pieces out and hope everyone gets the right ones?

om3rta
March 31, 2012, 3:35 PM
Cut pieces out, but leave the nubs attached and don't assemble it. I don't want to take a chance in breaking pieces if I have to disassemble my piece of the model.

gaspar
March 31, 2012, 3:47 PM
I agree with om3rta...if there's any way to just cut the sprue / frame apart leaving the part number attached to each piece, that would be awesome. But whatever is decided, I'm sure we'll all figure it out when the parts arrive.

WING ZERO
March 31, 2012, 7:46 PM
ok will do

WING ZERO
March 31, 2012, 8:37 PM
look whats here guys!!!!
you don't know how much it pains me that i wont get to do either of these kits because i think this suit has become my favorite suit of all time. idk why but it is.

thwalker13
March 31, 2012, 11:19 PM
I had have plans to order the Mk.II Titans for some time now. But it seems every time I go to do it. Something always gets in the way. It is for sure one of my favorite suits. Yet something in the universe doesn't want me to have it.

Joe
March 31, 2012, 11:47 PM
I thought you were getting the 2.0 versions, those are the old ones. I will need to re-work some plans...

WING ZERO
April 1, 2012, 3:25 AM
no but i'm proably going to buy the 2.0's for myself and probably another set of these just cause i think from what ive seen of these and the 2.0's i like these better

Asterisk
April 1, 2012, 7:33 AM
from what ive seen of these and the 2.0's i like these better
I have both the old and 2.0 AEUG MK.II, and I'm certain you will change your mind on this.

thwalker13
April 1, 2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah I've watched reviews of both the old and the 2.0 versions. And trust me, the 2.0 version is the best. It really looks to be one of the best MG kits I've ever seen. Which is why I want it so bad.

WING ZERO
April 2, 2012, 2:05 AM
heres a little teaser (kinda idk lol)
This is a kit i bought my brother. he built it and i weathered and did a little damage to the shield

thwalker13
April 2, 2012, 7:15 AM
Looks great man. Makes me want this kit even more.

Sundog Millionaire
April 2, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hey I am his brother and that kit looks much better in person now o just want to battle scar some of the gundam itself

WING ZERO
April 3, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hey guys got some bad news, the team build is as of now cancelled. after talking to a few people who's opinions matter to me they basically told me that i'm being an idiot for paying money for a model shipping pieces to 8 different locations and then giving the kit away. as disappointed as i was i couldn't help but see what they were saying. i am extremely sorry for getting everyones hopes up and i understand if you all are mad at me. all i can say is sorry and maybe in the future you guys can try this again.

gaspar
April 3, 2012, 4:31 PM
Ok. You could always just keep the final model...the fun in it for me is the build and seeing what we create as a group. But I completely understand not wanting to take on the costs of the model + shipping, etc. Oh well, seemed fun. Now I have to figure out what to use my new paints on...

gdx9902
April 4, 2012, 5:10 AM
I am sorry to see this go.

But I can under stand your reasoning.
Perhaps a slight modifications to how the kit is obtained maybe better for future versions of this group build.

om3rta
April 4, 2012, 10:49 AM
We could do a paypal donation for those who want to participate. $10 from 9 people would pay for a kit, shipping supplies and shipping.

thwalker13
April 4, 2012, 11:23 AM
I was going to say the same thing. The people that wanted to participate in the future could all chip in and purchase the kit. The Mk.II from GS&M is less than 50 bucks. +Shipping would be about 50. So 50/8 people would be... (grabs calculator)... be about $6.25 a person. Which isn't bad.

gaspar
April 4, 2012, 5:10 PM
You still have to factor in shipping the parts to each participant. Even if it's only a couple of bucks each, that's going to start getting close to $10 / person. And I can definitely understand why Wing Zero wouldn't want to front all of that $$$, but I can also understand 8 or so people being wary of PayPal'ing $10 to someone they don't know...

It will likely be difficult to accomplish something like this without someone donating an extra kit they have lying around or something.

om3rta
April 4, 2012, 7:15 PM
I was quoted $2.30 for a large envelope weighing 8oz to be shipped via USPS to LA (Which for me, is the other side of the country.) Depending on weight, each package may be more to ship, but not by much.

If we were playing it safe and saying that each package would cost $2.50 to ship and 8 people were participating, total shipping cost would be $20.
A MK II from GSAM is, like thwalker said, about $50

This gives us a total of $70 for kit and shipping. If everyone pitched in $10, that would be a total of $80 donated, which would leave $10 left over for shipping supplies. $10 would be just about enough to get a pack of bubble-wrap envelopes. With the left over change, the person in charge could buy a coffee for being a true bro and cutting all the pieces out :p.

Actual cost to each participant would end up being like $13 because they have to ship parts back, and the person in charge would take a bit of a hit for shipping to get the kit to whomever wins the completed kit, but it probably wouldn't be that much.

I don't have a problem throwing away $10 to try this out. I'm not going to complain if I lose it. Plus, the person in charge would more than likely get chased out of this forum with torches and pitch-forks if they ganked all the cash.

gaspar
April 4, 2012, 9:37 PM
om3rta: all sounds about right and I'd likely be in as well if anyone's still up for it (and up for leading it).

Joe
April 4, 2012, 11:00 PM
Guys, I loved this idea from the very start. I've got a HUGE project coming up soon and I really need to focus on that. After that, though, I would love to take the lead on a second go at this project. If you guys are up for waiting a while (and I think most of you will be cool with it once I get the ball rolling on my big project/announcement) I'll gladly get a formal Forum Group Build organized for all to enjoy!

gdx9902
April 5, 2012, 5:16 AM
I am cool with that =)