PDA

View Full Version : Forum team build. (hear me out)

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 12:18 AM
So what i'm thinking about is i will buy a kit (undecided on which suit) and then mail out different components to anyone interested on here to then paint, mod, battle scar, weather whatever your heart desires but we can not discuss how we plan on doing our parts. after you have completed you parts you then mail them back to me and i will assemble the final product and post it on here. then we can decide whos piece turned out the best and i will reward them by giving them the completed model.

what do you guys think? any ideas of how to do this better let me know and we can tweek it but it seems pretty interesting.

Joe
March 22, 2012, 3:10 AM
This is an AWESOME idea!!! You should list off how you would divide it up and see how many people are interested and then go from there. As far is kit choice, I would suggest an MG with a decent inner frame, something that is already well detailed, for novices but customizable for the more advanced. Might I suggest MG Gundam Mk II Version 2.0 AEUG colors?

Also, I'd be more than willing to help out with the planning and how to divy up parts and what not.

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 3:18 AM
that is actually the suit i had in mind. I have one on its way to my house right now and i was gonna check it out and maybe get another.

as far as divying up pieces just break it down legs arms torso head gun shield and what not and if neccesary break those down but i was thinking of doing not a bunch of people so that there wasn't to much breakdown of the components. but maybe shoulders and feet could be separate plus the backpack.

idk i was hoping to get some input so feel free to help

squeam
March 22, 2012, 6:10 AM
Sounds like fun!

DragoninDisguise
March 22, 2012, 6:38 AM
This would be very interesting if sucsesful.

CKai Cydek
March 22, 2012, 6:52 AM
I have a suggestion: why not try it with a kit with a significant amount of parts? Like a Kotobukiya HMM Zoid? Those kits come with a TON of details so there's plenty of opportunity to spruce them up & make them look great. Many of them come with 300-500 parts (especially for Ligers), so there should be plenty to go around.

thwalker13
March 22, 2012, 7:22 AM
I really like this idea. I'd be willing to take part in it. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

gdx9902
March 22, 2012, 8:06 AM
I am totally game for this. I'm in. I would love to help out a piece.
This will be very interesting.

I personally would suggest a 1/100 HG, for this first trail run, of a group build like this. But that's just me.

But I do have questions.
How long will this group build run for?
Also, How do we decide what parts go to which person? random draw? or by choice? or by selection?

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 9:19 AM
i was gonna go random from a hat. and @ckai cydek do you mean like liger zero? those zoids?

i think a HG would be to limited so a MG would be a little more detailed

Also lets get a running count of people going who want to do this for sure by posting a number so the first person post 1 the second 2 etc...
this will have nothing to do with any order or if you will get to do piece or not, it is solely to see how many people are in to do it.

as far as how long it will take. well as long as it takes to get all the pieces back. as soon as we figure out a plan i will order the kit and ship out the pieces as soon as i figure out who gets what.

squeam
March 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
Number ONE has the bridge!

----1----

SilverFrameAstray
March 22, 2012, 12:16 PM
I summon a 2!

Whichever piece, I am so game.

I feel we should get a gundam kit though, seeing as to this is mainly a gundam forum.

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 3:00 PM
Gundam 100% lol

Joe
March 22, 2012, 3:07 PM
3!

I would suggest the weapons and shield should be one part. Basic run down of parts:
Head
Torso
Backpack
Waist
Left Arm
Right Arm
Left Leg
Right Leg
Weapons/Accessories

So 9 people total, if we don't get that many throw the head in with something else because it's kind of small.

Also, I would stick with Gundam models. I'm not familiar enough with anything else to confidently not screw it up :-P

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 3:09 PM
yeah i did a zoid like 10 years ago but wasn't really a fan, I'm all about the GUNDAM!!! lol

om3rta
March 22, 2012, 3:46 PM
Whats going on in this thread, guise? Can I get a number between 4 and 9?

For real though, this sounds pretty sweet. I'll be 4 if it's all good.

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 3:52 PM
your in man

thwalker13
March 22, 2012, 4:26 PM
I remember building a Zoid when I was little. Only thing I like about it was the fact that it walked on its own. Other than that I was not impressed. But I want in on this. I think it would be really fun.

gdx9902
March 22, 2012, 4:40 PM
I'll take a 5 if it's available.

Joe
March 22, 2012, 5:40 PM
Zoids have changed drastically since then, though. They aren't motorized any more, they're very detailed and articulate. But that's neither her nor there.

This idea has gotten me thinking about what a great community this message board is! I think it would cool (provided this all works out) if we made this a semi-annual or annual event. But we'll see how it all turns out.

DragoninDisguise
March 22, 2012, 5:46 PM
6!

I don't know why i made that so big...

Exia
March 22, 2012, 5:58 PM
Zoids have changed drastically since then, though. They aren't motorized any more, they're very detailed and articulate. But that's neither her nor there.

This idea has gotten me thinking about what a great community this message board is! I think it would cool (provided this all works out) if we made this a semi-annual or annual event. But we'll see how it all turns out.

Hell yeah they have. The difference between my TOMY Blade Liger and HMM Geno Saurer is ridiculous.

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 8:45 PM
just so you all know the numbers don't mean anything its just an easy way to count how many people are interested in doing this.

thwalker13
March 22, 2012, 8:47 PM
Exia your post might as well of been in Latin. lol

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 9:24 PM
@thwalker13 i was thinking the same thing lol

squeam
March 22, 2012, 9:49 PM
Hell yeah they have. The difference between my TOMY Blade Liger and HMM Geno Saurer is ridiculous.

Those HMM kits are truly impressive. Some of them put some MGs to shame in both detail and engineering. Unfortunately, they can also be quite expensive.

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 10:24 PM
Nominees for which kit to do the team build of?

so far i'm leaning towards RX-178 A.E.U.G. but i'm open to hearing some suggestions before i order a kit.

Exia
March 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
Exia your post might as well of been in Latin. lol

@thwalker13 i was thinking the same thing lol

First up TOMY Blade Liger:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/1105110128a.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/1105110129.jpg

Then the HMM Geno Saurer:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/IMG_20120122_031820.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/dr34ms1nd1g1t4l/IMG_20120122_031839.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, all I've got right now. Still should be enough to show the difference.

Those HMM kits are truly impressive. Some of them put some MGs to shame in both detail and engineering. Unfortunately, they can also be quite expensive.

That they can. Luckily so far I've only wanted the Raven version of the Geno Saurer.

gdx9902
March 23, 2012, 2:29 AM
Might I also suggest the Hyakushiki,

Or perhaps the MG Exia, or Double 0, because I hear those kits are constructed in such a way that there are no panel lines to worry about.

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 2:35 AM
yeah maybe i'm not really a fan of the exia. i don't hate the OO but i'm not a fan. but there still options. i like the hyakushiki though

gdx9902
March 23, 2012, 4:48 AM
There is also the Redframe and Blueframe if you don't mind seed ,

Or, since you seem to like the Zeta Series, perhaps The O or Quebley.

squeam
March 23, 2012, 6:16 AM
Hyaku Shiki doesn't leave much room for customization, unless you get a non-mekki plated one. The O is a bit too simple for this, I think (plus is is quite expensive).

I vote for a Mk II, Red/Blue Frame, or a Nemo!

om3rta
March 23, 2012, 2:37 PM
I think the MKII is a good choice for the first run. Really, anything that is mostly a mobile suit without any gigantic gimmicks. Like Some of the Wing kits wouldn't be good. Like the EW Wing, Deathscythe Hell and Epyon because they all have gigantic wings.

Joe
March 23, 2012, 3:08 PM
Oh, but those wings lend themselves to some really cool ideas for customization! But for the first run the Mk II is simple enough for anyone to join it. I never thought about the Astray Frames, though... But then the frame arms are something to contend with...

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 4:11 PM
MK II it is then? any opposed?

gaspar
March 23, 2012, 5:45 PM
I'll play if you still need more builders. I guess I'd be 7 maybe? I'm still very new around here, so if other more regular posters speak up and want in, I'll bow out. Sounds like a fun idea and a cool way to end up with a unique (probably odd looking, but fun!) Gundam!

Joe
March 23, 2012, 6:18 PM
How will you be going about parts division? By that I mean sending out the parts, obviously you can't send up whole runners. I was thinking cutting the parts off, leaving good chunks of the gate so we can do our own trimming and also leaving the number attached if possible for those who may need it. As for the manual, I would say scan the pages and then send copies of just the part we need. Also, we should sign or otherwise put out mark on the instruction copies we receive so who ever ends up with the completed model knows who did what part and it gives credit to the respective modelers.

SilverFrameAstray
March 23, 2012, 7:22 PM
@Joe I like how planned out you just had that in your head.

I am alright with the MkII (even though I am personally not a fan).

I feel like we should have a forum-wide mascot MS. This is more a side note rather than what kit we should do. Just a grunt suit that we could all agree on that ends up being a fun kit to build, looks good, and cheap. More the idea that everyone can own one.

Mehmeh. Lemme ponder some things about it. I have fun ideas for it, but wondering how well it would be to execute these ideas. We'll find out after this project and the GFGMGB.

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 9:12 PM
i will put pieces of tape on each piece and number it. i will also copy each page of the kit and send copies with the corresponding pieces.

as far as knowing whos piece is whos, i will take pictures of each piece individually and post them prior to posting the final product.

and yes it will look goofy but it will represent everyones unique style so it will clash but have meaning if that makes sense. maybe it could be the forums official model perhaps? lol

thwalker13
March 23, 2012, 9:56 PM
I like that idea. Cause a lot of people from the forum would have helped create it. How are you going to determine which of us get's what part? And which of us get's to participate?

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 10:14 PM
that i have not figured out yet. i will probably just draw out of a hat with everyones name on it and if we have to many people probably do the same method or i might go by seniority, nothing against those who are new members. i also might not be participating if there is to many people because i want it to be for the forum not me and i'm also new to the forum.

I did order the kit just now, i went with a second RX-178 so sorry if you guys don't want that one. i ordered the Titans and AEUG so if you would rather do the titans (for what reason idk) thats an option.

Joe
March 23, 2012, 10:18 PM
I mentioned the AEUG version because it will be the easier of the two to paint over. That dark blue is nuts to paint over if you're just adding little details here and there.

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 10:19 PM
yeah i ordered the titans for myself but figured i would throw it out there

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 12:38 PM
so correct me if im wrong or if you want in. so far we have

Squeam
SilverFrameAstray
Joe
om3rta
thwalker13
gdx9902
DragoninDisguise
gaspar
WING ZERO (but if necessary i will drop out)

thwalker13
March 24, 2012, 1:18 PM
Yeah I definitely want to take part in this.

om3rta
March 24, 2012, 2:25 PM
Not to sound like a stuck up adult, but we should make sure that all participants are able (either by themselves or by the consent of an adult) to take part in this seeing as how we're going to be giving our addresses out and will have to pay for shipping back to WZ. I know that may rub some parents the wrong to have their kids breaking that wall of anonymity provided by the internet.

Just a thought.

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 4:26 PM
thats up to them to figure out

Joe
March 24, 2012, 4:59 PM
It is up to them to figure out, but at the same time, this is sort of a bust if you ship them a part and they never send it because because of a parental issue. At the same time, how are we to ACTUALLY determine if they are over 18/get consent... So, yeah it's up to the, I guess.

Also, once this is all set in stone, WING ZERO should create an official thread and set a deadline for the parts to be sent back completed or not.

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 6:22 PM
i will once the kit gets here. it should be here some time early next week

also don't tell anyone what piece you get so that voting is unbias
i will ship out the pieces as soon as i get them and you will be surprised which you get.

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 9:02 PM
actually scratch that first i will take requests for parts and if there is anyone who also wants that part it will then become a drawing but if you are the only one for that part its yours

WING ZERO
March 26, 2012, 3:48 PM
haven't heard much from anyone recently, is everyone still interested or are we baggin this thing?

thwalker13
March 26, 2012, 4:32 PM
It really doesn't matter which part I get. I figured we'd do it randomly.

gaspar
March 26, 2012, 4:56 PM
I'm still up for it. No preference on the part...just interested in seeing how this all works out :D

gdx9902
March 26, 2012, 5:43 PM
I'm still in, and I also don't mind which part I get, and I think random is the best way.

om3rta
March 26, 2012, 6:56 PM
I thought there was going to be an "official" thread for this. We have enough people to do this thing.
We should decide on when this will happen and how long we have to complete and send back parts.

As far as parts, do it randomly if everyone wants it that way. Or if not, gimme one of dem legs!

WING ZERO
March 26, 2012, 8:32 PM
ok i will make a WIP thread for this so that will be the new thread it will be called Forum Team Build
if you guys give me your addresses in a private message i will mail parts out as soon as i get the kit. my connect had a little trouble with my order but there "rushing it out" tomorrow whatever that means the order was placed six days ago and got all F@#ked up so they have been figuring there stuff out so hopefully they will do like 2 day air or something

DragoninDisguise
March 26, 2012, 9:35 PM
To be honest, I don't care what part i get. (As long as I don't get one thats tiny and requires fine lines to customize)