PDA

View Full Version : WIP for all my kits i do from this point on. i'd love advice and tips

Pages : [1] 2

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 7:49 PM
Hey guys this is gonna be my work in progress thread for all the kits i do from this point on.

MG Burning Gundam------Completed
MG Spiegel Gundam------Completed
MG Deayhscythe Hell Custom------Completed
MG Wing Zero Custom------Completed
HG Wing Gundam------Completed
MG Wing Gundam
HG Deathscythe------Completed
HG Deathscythe Hell------Completed
HG Heavy Arms Custom------Completed
PG Wing Zero Custom
MG Zeta Gundam
MG RX-178 A.E.U.G.
MG RX-93 NU Gundam------Completed
PG RX-178 A.E.U.G.
MG 1/100 Ball with shark mouth------Completed
1/250th RX-78-2 with G-sky,easy,bull, and fighter
HG 1/144th RX-178 MK.II AEUG with flying armor------Completed
HG 1/144th Zeta Gundam with metallic finish------Completed
MEGA SIZE 1/48th RX-78-2------Completed
MG Freedom Gundam

I have no particular order so let me know which kits you wanna see done and tips and pointers are very welcome. Hope you guys can enjoy this and maybe help you guys decide if you wanna get the kit or not or maybe for some rookies looking to get into painting this will show you a few things but no guarantees being i am still compared to many very inexperienced.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 7:57 PM
I was bored and since i have no airbrush i decided to do some hand painting. found out im not as steady handed as i would like but good thing acrylic mistakes are easy to fix.

i think i'm gonna have to invest in a camera but i am happy with the way the pieces turned out. i was disappointed that the HG wing doesn't have a separate handle for the beam sabre but it was good practice painting.

i used model masters acrylic (for now on abbreviated to MMA) 4681 Gun metal for the handle. The V-fin is MMA 2718 Gaurds Red and Tamiya X-12 gold leaf

Asterisk
March 19, 2012, 8:23 PM
Guards Red is wonderful. I actually use it for all of my Gundam-type mobile suits.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 8:25 PM
do you find it to be extremely thick? i'm on my second bottle and it is just so thick compared to all the other acrylics, but you can't beat that shade

Asterisk
March 19, 2012, 9:20 PM
You have to thin it. You'll get all kinds of suggestions from others on here, but I use distilled water; you're aiming for the consistency of milk, about.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 9:25 PM
yeah when i was doing my D-Hell custom i tried to use it and i just found it really difficult to thin because of how thick it was when i put in my testors acrylic thinner they would basically separate and you would be stirring drops of thinner around rather then them mixing together if that makes sense lol

Asterisk
March 19, 2012, 9:31 PM
Huh...yeah, I've never used any thinner for acrylic apart from water. I get good results, so that's what I stick with.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 9:34 PM
i will have to try water then cause i really love the color. appreciate the tip.

Asterisk
March 19, 2012, 9:39 PM
Be sure to try a sample batch before any significant amount.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 9:44 PM
will do. do you know what kinda ratio you do or do you just go by what it looks like?

Asterisk
March 19, 2012, 9:46 PM
It all depends on how thick your paint is, so you'll have to eyeball it.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 9:54 PM
ok thanks i appreciate all the help because red is kindaaaa a big deal lol

WING ZERO
March 20, 2012, 11:35 PM
Got another kit lol. i keep buying more work lol i just ordered the MG 1/100 RX-178 A.E.U.G. and also ordered my brother the MG 1/100 F91 so i am probably gonna have to do a bunch of work for him but whatever

WING ZERO
March 21, 2012, 9:10 PM
The PG Wing Zero Custom arrived today and its MASSIVE at lease to me because its my first PG

WING ZERO
March 21, 2012, 9:10 PM

WING ZERO
March 21, 2012, 9:12 PM
thats the last of pictures of the unboxing im gonna do because it would take all day to do more but yeah i thought the wings from the 1/100 were big until i put them next to the 1/60 lol

thwalker13
March 21, 2012, 11:30 PM
Nice pics man. I once considered getting that kit. Hope you enjoy the build and I hope that you post a lot more pics.

WING ZERO
March 21, 2012, 11:46 PM
i will do my best. i'm STILL waiting on my airbrush to get back and its probably gonna be awhile before i get to this kit because idk if you saw the original post but i have like 8 or 9 kits that have not been done lol so i will probably do 3 or 4 of those before i tackle this beast. but i will be putting up pics of them all.

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 9:48 AM
well last night i took my first shot at weathering. i couldn't stand waiting so i used one of my youngest brothers NG 1/144 strike daggers and none of the pics you can really see how it looks except on the shield. give me any tips and pointers.

SilverFrameAstray
March 22, 2012, 12:33 PM
Good G.O.D. I want a PG so bad. Truly.

It would kill my wallet, but would be completely worth it.

Makes me wish the PG Red Frame Astray was better.
Looks good though mate. Do post updates on your work!

thwalker13
March 22, 2012, 12:40 PM
Don't feel bad. I want a PG kit as well. Just don't have the money to drop on one. lol

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 3:03 PM
so far i'm pretty blown away by the thing. i want to buy the PG RX-178 A.E.U.G. so bad but i already have to many kits waiting

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 9:33 PM
HG 1/100 Heavy Arms Custom arrived today.
just waiting on Zeta, RX-178 A.E.U.G., F91 to arrive now.

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 10:41 PM
Just became a Gundam Store and More platinum member as well as i ordered the RX-93 NU-Gundam which i have been really really wanting

WING ZERO
March 22, 2012, 11:44 PM
arrived today

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 2:05 AM
everyone cross your fingers hopefully i get a call from my hobby shop saying my airbrush is there

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 4:31 PM
well major set back, i emailed my hobby shop about my brush that was supposed to be back today and they said they have not heard back from them yet. so in the reply he said he would talk with his shop and get back to me. i don't know what that means to me really but hopefully i can get squared away here soon cause i'm going F!@#ing insane not being able to paint

Kenico
March 23, 2012, 5:44 PM
Take deep breaths, listen to some heavy anime music and pretend your in a Gundam kicking some feddie ass. thats how i solve all of my anxietys. though on the other hand sometimes instead of Gundam kicking feddie butt im a MI in a power suit kicking some Bug butt. lol

WING ZERO
March 23, 2012, 9:15 PM
lol i just feel so let down by my shop. i go out of my way to buy stuff from them even though there prices are ridiculous i even bought my PG wing zero custom from them and payed $20 more than going rates at many gundam model sites and they can't help me out with this. but whateveri will live i guess

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 12:29 PM
well tracking info says my Zeta Gundam is at my post office i wonder if they will bring it on a saturday. do they do that ever?

Asterisk
March 24, 2012, 12:48 PM
If it's shipping UPS, I don't believe so. I'm waiting on a GSAM order myself that would otherwise be here today.

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 12:59 PM
yeah i tried calling the post office and got no answer so thats that lol but its not like i could have done anything anyways

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 10:19 PM
Well Asterisk we stand corrected, my Zeta did arrive today but i'm not complaining lol

I thought it was interesting how those pieces come with white writing on them already and it was cool how on the back side of the insert there is some illustrations. i also got a new light today this one has a magnifying glass in it which i thought was cool so i had to have it lol

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 10:44 PM
did some battle damage and paint practice on my HG Wing Gundam, i'm really happy with how it turned out but i'm gonna have to do it all over again when i repaint the shield.

WING ZERO
March 24, 2012, 10:46 PM
i wish my camera didn't suck because it looks awesome (at lease to me) in person like i can't even believe i did it lol

Just ordered a PG RX-178 AEUG so stoked

I'm thinking about making a hanger bay for my kits out of the old runners (the frame) and covering it in styrene then painting it grey or black or something. make it 1/100 size what do you guys think? has this already been done?

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 3:22 PM
I'm practically drooling looking at photos of the PG MK.II the proportins are just perfect like thats what gundam should look like. this has slowly become one of my all time favorite suits. the suit is bulky enough to not look skinny but doesn't get to bulky. personally i despise all the like OO suits like all those newer ones with the tiny legs and feet but thats just me and maybe since i have not seen the shows that plays a factor.i'm straying from my point though.....

DAMN THAT MK.II LOOKS GOOD! lol gonna go nicely with Wing Zero Custom lol (maybe not but who cares)

GNzaku0023
March 28, 2012, 6:00 PM
I have to say, I like what you did with the battle damage, it looks really well done!

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 8:46 PM
thanks man that makes me feel good. i actually added a little bit more to it but haven't painted it do to the fact i have to repaint the entire thing anyways

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 9:28 PM
what ya think? i dont think i am gonna do any other damage to the head besides this except like weathering if that counts.

WING ZERO
March 28, 2012, 9:29 PM
picture sucks but that is actually a gash that goes in its not just a line lol

WING ZERO
April 2, 2012, 2:27 AM
My bros kit. i did the weathering and damage though

WING ZERO
April 2, 2012, 6:02 PM
15.50 LBS of kits arriving in the next couple days lol

Disassembled my Burning Gundam last night decided i might as well paint it

got the call from my hobby shop saying my air brush will arrive later today. so pumped!!!!! WHOO!!!!!

nice to be airbrushing again. i forgot how frustrating it was when you mess up a panel line on a single tony piece and you have to mix paint AGAIN lol

WING ZERO
April 4, 2012, 1:49 AM
besides finishing the white, knocked out two birds with one stone. all the red for HG wing and MG WZC done
Guards red is amazing, can't tell in these pictures but this color makes you feel like a total bad ass with how good it turns out.

WING ZERO
April 4, 2012, 3:47 AM
All the blue is done. I used blue angel blue and the clear green bits were done with tamiya clear green. it was my first time using both colors. the blue angel blue looked not so great going on like the color just wasn't what i wanted but when it dried it was great a really deep navy blue, going on it was a grey navy almost not a bad color just not what i wanted but obviously turned out in the end. the clear green was interesting to use because you can pretty much make it any shade you want depending how heavy you lay it on. i wanted an emerald color so i went pretty heavy but it could have gone a lot darker i think, not saying i wanted it to be darker just that its possible.

finished all of wing zero customs paint as well as all the blue and red of HG Wing and all the yellow of deathscythe. i will finish assembly today and probably finish paint for Wing and maybe both Deathscythe and D-Hell will get close

should be a package arriving today as well. lifes good

WING ZERO
April 4, 2012, 3:40 PM
hopefully i will finish the paint on HG Wing tonight. i'm going to be giving my first attempt at pre shading on the white pieces minus the face and i'm also gonna experiment with a base coat of of metallic silver (what i use for the silver in my battle damage) and then go over it with gun metal on his buster rifle. idk if it will do anything or not but its worth a shot since this kit is purely an experimental kit

WING ZERO
April 5, 2012, 3:24 AM
Finally have Wing Zero Custom assembled and fully painted minus the Twin Buster Rifle. it is painted but still drying so tomorrow i will post pictures

WING ZERO
April 8, 2012, 6:48 PM
Just finished putting the pre shading on my wing gundam. we will see how it turns out once i do the white pieces.

WING ZERO
April 9, 2012, 12:17 AM
Here is my WING ZERO CUSTOM fully painted sorry pics are not great

WING ZERO
April 9, 2012, 12:19 AM
and here is my D-Hell Custom and HG Wing, its my first attempt at pre shading. this wing is a absolute piece of crap and there are some spots i missed on the pre shading but i don't really care cause this thing hardly stands and the hands are just awful.

WING ZERO
April 10, 2012, 11:25 PM
HG H-Arms Custom is finished. will post pics soon. he has an amazing color scheme, i love it i just want a MG now

WING ZERO
April 13, 2012, 10:16 AM
still no pics of Heavyarms but i will soon. I have finished the black and yellow on deathscythe. its my first time using gloss black and i really like it so far.

WING ZERO
April 14, 2012, 12:18 AM
This is a test, does anyone actually look at or follow this thread?

Exia
April 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
This is a test, does anyone actually look at or follow this thread?

Sometimes, but generally no I don't. I really only care about the HG 1/144 line, and of the 1/144 scale models you've built I already know the Wing kits since I used to own most of them and of the UC kits I have the Metallic finish Zeta so I know about that one and I don't really have any interest in the MK. II.

Unless you would have preferred me to lie and say something along the lines of "I usually check it out, just don't post about it." But I doubt that, and I try not to lie if I can help it.

WING ZERO
April 14, 2012, 12:47 AM
appreciate it. i'm just not really into 1/144ths only reason i have the ones i do is because of gsam

Exia
April 14, 2012, 4:51 AM
appreciate it. i'm just not really into 1/144ths only reason i have the ones i do is because of gsam

Yep, no prob. Same could be said for me, I'm just not into the other grades. I've built a few of the HG 1/100, a MG 1/100, and a couple 1/60 scales (not PG by the way). Overall, I enjoy the 1/144 scale the most. That being said, my list of HG models is getting low so I may slowly step back into the scales. Since there are some model that don't get 1/144 version.

Asterisk
April 14, 2012, 6:28 AM
I check it several times daily, I just haven't had anything to add.

Granted, being a mod, I check everything several times a day...

WING ZERO
April 14, 2012, 2:10 PM
i actually really enjoyed the 1/144ths for just building but for there price i would wrather go MG and i didn't really have any desire to paint them but the two 1/144ths i was actually impressed with how much went into them, i wasn't really expecting it.

WING ZERO
April 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
Finished HG Deathscythe will put up pics for him and heavy arms soon

WING ZERO
April 16, 2012, 10:41 PM
1/48th Gundam arrived today, i decided to not paint it and just build and panel line. and the lining took forever! but besides that it was a fun simple build, i think everyone should have one of these.

WING ZERO
April 17, 2012, 4:52 PM
Anyone want to make a suggestion on which kit to do next? heres a list to choose from

MG Burning Gundam------Completed------Disassembled for paint
MG Spiegel Gundam------Completed
MG Deayhscythe Hell Custom------Completed
MG Wing Zero Custom------Completed
HG Wing Gundam------Completed
MG Wing Gundam
HG Deathscythe------Completed
HG Deathscythe Hell
HG Heavy Arms Custom------Completed
PG Wing Zero Custom
MG Zeta Gundam
MG RX-178 A.E.U.G.
MG RX-93 NU Gundam
PG RX-178 A.E.U.G.
MG 1/100 Ball with shark mouth
1/250th RX-78-2 with G-sky,easy,bull, and fighter
HG 1/144th RX-178 MK.II AEUG with flying armor------Completed
HG 1/144th Zeta Gundam with metallic finish------Completed
MEGA SIZE 1/48th RX-78-2------Completed

The PG Wing zero custom has all the red pieces painted already (i had a bunch of red paint mixed up so... yeah)
So yeah let me know what you wanna see get done. and i will put up pics of HG heavy arms custom, deathscythe and 1/48th Gundam tonight (I hope)

thwalker13
April 18, 2012, 7:30 AM
The Wing Zero.

WING ZERO
April 18, 2012, 3:47 PM
i will give it a shot but i'm nervous on that stupid wiring. i've never done any leds before but i'm sure i can get it figured out eventually, i will paint the blue and yellow tonight and if i'm feeling really brave dive into the small mountain of white pieces

WING ZERO
April 25, 2012, 4:38 PM
its been awhile since i've been active. i ordered a new airbrush, a badger to be specific so i hope thats better then my previous one but thats whats been the hold up. i'm picking it up after work so i will hopefully get some crap done tonight like my D-Hell which is like 50% done might mess with a top coat after i paint to see how that turns out. i have not done a top coat before so any tips would be nice such as what i should use. i bought some testors acrylic top coat in a jar for my air brush but should i use a spray can cause that seems to be what most people do.

WING ZERO
April 26, 2012, 9:48 AM
I did finish D-Hell last night and besides having normal HG 1/100 flaws the thing is awesome. i wish they would put out an MG but we are probably not gonna see that anytime soon.

sorry about the huge delay in pictures next time my brother comes over i will MAKE SURE to put up pics

thwalker13
April 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
They just recently released the Deathsycthe Hell Custom from Endless Waltz in MG form. I plan on picking it up eventually. Got any pics of the that you just finished?

WING ZERO
April 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
yeah i did the D-Hell custom (great kit) and no but when i see my brother next i will put up pictures because he has a better camera.

WING ZERO
April 26, 2012, 11:49 PM
finally got some pics.

WING ZERO
April 26, 2012, 11:54 PM
more..

WING ZERO
April 26, 2012, 11:55 PM
and more...

WING ZERO
April 26, 2012, 11:57 PM
and and more...

any questions on how i did anything i will be glad to answer but i didn't really do anything amazing on any of these since they are cheap kits

WING ZERO
April 28, 2012, 3:13 PM
So sorry i said i would start PG WZC but i decided to do my NU Gundam. i'm actually gonna try on this guy because he is gonna be my contest entry probably if he turns out how i'm hoping. i got something i'm thinking about trying on the frame that i haven't really seen done.

WING ZERO
April 30, 2012, 3:54 PM
felt pretty good my local hobby shop asked me if they could display my MG Wing Zero Custom today. i can't believe that other people actually think that my models look good lol

WING ZERO
May 2, 2012, 3:02 AM
got some work done on the frame. i did all the major pieces so i just have a bunch of little guys to do. i forgot to take pictures of the before except for the booster since i'm doing them a different color.

i basically just painted the frame metallic silver and then used clear smoke over that. it doesn't look very shiny in the pics but it looks pretty nice in person

WING ZERO
May 2, 2012, 3:47 PM
So i looked at all the pieces this morning and these pics don't do these justice because they look so cool. i'm really bummed the majority will never be seen again once the armor is on but i may eventually use this same coloring on exterior armor for something but not sure what kit.

WING ZERO
May 3, 2012, 12:48 AM
Got some crap done tonight i'm almost finished with the inner frame and all its painting. i also did the thrusters in a similar manner with silver and then clear blue and red.

WING ZERO
May 3, 2012, 4:49 PM
gonna finish the inner frame tonight but the question is for the white pieces should i do shading or not?

WING ZERO
May 5, 2012, 3:10 PM
painted all the white parts last night, all 72 lol. i need to go back and fix a couple and then clear coat and wash after that just got to paint the black pieces and clear coat 'em and Nu Gundam will be ready for assembly :)

WING ZERO
May 6, 2012, 11:11 PM
just gotta paint the black stuff. i assembled what i could and yes i realize that the left shoulder didn't get panel lined (yet)

WING ZERO
May 6, 2012, 11:15 PM
he so far has not turned out how i was hoping do to the fact that i decided my shading skills were not good enough to waste this model so he will not be a contest entrant but i still love it.

gdx9902
May 6, 2012, 11:29 PM
Shading is somewhat tricky business.
It took me a long time to get a hang of it.

One of the main things to watch for is air pressure and the thinning ratio of the paint. As you get to higher layers of coats, my rule of thumb is lower the air pressure and increase the thinning ratio of each subsequent color layer.

If you like I can suggest some practice exercises that might improve your shading skills in a shorter time frame.

WING ZERO
May 6, 2012, 11:31 PM
Yes please!!

gdx9902
May 6, 2012, 11:45 PM
Ok,

Get a styrene sheet. I find they work the best. You can pick them up at your local hobby store, and it's the "evergreen scale models" brand.

Once you have your sheet:
So here's the basic exercise:
1: Prime one side of it.
2: Using a felt pen and a ruler draw a grid of squares (each square is 1cmx1cm) - grid size i'd say 5x5?(<- you decide)
3: Pick a color, and thin it, and now airbrush each individual square. now you CANNOT touch the color to the felt lines of the square. All the paint must be applied within the squares. Furthermore the coat must be applied on as evenly as possible, and as close to the grid lines as possible. You will find that there maybe some feathering effect on the felt lines, but as long as the felt lines show uniformly though the feathering, you are still good.

Once you finished that you can move on to the next exercise which uses the same setup as above but:
1) pick a color (this is your base color), and you will create 2 more paints.
1a) base color + 20% black, and
1b) base color + 20% white.
2) Now with the base color +20% black, once again apply the paint in the grid without touching the felt lines (basically same as above)
3) Now with the base color , again apply the paint within the square you have just painted and making sure that the edges of the previous color is not covered.
4) Finally with the base color + 20% white, apply this coat within the square you made in step 3.
From this point you can start to see a gradient arise and subtle.

Now the key point in all the exercises is that all coats must be applied as evenly as possible. and as you apply more coats, don't forget to change the air pressure, and play around with the thinning ratio.

I hope they make sense, and good luck =)

WING ZERO
May 6, 2012, 11:49 PM
ok i actually have a few sheets of styrene laying around. i appreciate the tips that is super helpful. what about when you wanna do shading on white pieces though how would you go about that?

gdx9902
May 6, 2012, 11:58 PM
White is actually the toughest to preshade on actually, because it is quite unforgiving in errors.

For that you need to understand that white is a neutral color. by neutral that means that it contrasts against any color. Black is the same.
So to better enhance the contrast to make it more forgiving, you apply the warm/cool colors. either a cool background with a warm highlight/preshade, or vice versa.

You can see in my EXIA WIP that the black and grey I used is not "true Black and grey" I warmed them up with red and brown. And the white on top is "cool white". Basically white with a splash of sky blue or light blue. Of course we see it as white, but because of the light, the contrast is very subtle. This is a basic of color theory, which I am not sure if I am explaining it well.

But for now, I would suggest working on technique before worrying about color theory, else it may confuse you further if you are worrying about too many thing.
Which is why I suggested those exercises. Once you feel comfortable with preshading then I would suggest reading Color theory, so that you can do highlighting, because highlighting requires working knowledge of Color theory.

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 12:12 AM
appreciate man thanks for taking the time to explain. i will be doing some practicing for sure.

gdx9902
May 7, 2012, 12:15 AM
You are very welcome. =)

Good luck=).

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 2:27 PM
I love this thing just like every kit i've done lol it becomes my favorite once its finished lol
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/133.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/136.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/134.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/135.jpg

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 2:28 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/137.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/132.jpg

thwalker13
May 7, 2012, 3:57 PM
Wow. Looks totally awesome. Much better than mine. I like the titanium blue you used. Gives it a nice contrast.

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 4:15 PM
thanks man. i was kinda inspired by some nuts and bolts we have at my work that were those colors and i thought they looked cool so i tried to mimic that

WING ZERO
May 7, 2012, 7:01 PM
totally just realized i had the wrong fin funnel flipped down lol

D-Smith
May 8, 2012, 10:52 PM
This is Wing Zero. new account. i was tired of being wing zero, didn't think i was gonna get addicted to the forums like i am so i wanted to choose something i wouldn't get tired of so formerly know as WING ZERO

D-Smith
May 9, 2012, 9:42 AM
my computers camera has a tough time really picking up the shading but here is my attempt at mvm3897's shading technique. i used black base with gaurds red highlight.

gdx9902
May 9, 2012, 11:38 PM
It looks pretty good.
It is a pretty subtle shading you have on that piece.

You have a nice gradient effect there. But from what i can see, there are certain areas which are kind of uneven in your shading. Eg. the right side of the shield vs the left side, and the 4 parts of the shield on the lower main face. But with practice I'm sure you can get it even.

D-Smith
May 9, 2012, 11:42 PM
yeah this was my first attempt on a piece. i think having lower air pressure is what made the biggest difference. my compressor didn't have a regulator so it was at a working psi of 32 so dialing it down to like 18-20 made it so much easier.

gdx9902
May 9, 2012, 11:57 PM
I have to say, it is very nice for your first attempt. I would also suggest paying attention to how your airbrush sprays at higher and lower air pressure so that you get a better feel for the strengths and weakness' of your airbrush. I say this because that I use two airbrushes, an iwata hp-cs plus and GSI creos airbrush, and even tho they are of similar design, they actually kind of spray a little bit differently. For some reason, my iwata actually feathers more than my gsi airbrush.

D-Smith
May 10, 2012, 12:36 AM
i gotcha yeah i tried some lower pressures and below 15psi it started to lose a good dust and start to not necessarily spit paint but start to be less consistently fine. so i'm doing my aueg MK.II next which i'm gonna try to shade. i'm actually sanding right now because i painted all the red pieces already. butmy question is i used black base coat then straight red on top but it was left really dark (its much darker in person then in the pictures) so should i use the 20% black mix instead of straight black underneath? i want it to be much lighter closer to the straight red

D-Smith
May 15, 2012, 1:37 AM
I Finished the shading and put my semi gloss coat on all of the blue pieces on the MK.II i finished the shading a couple days ago but have been to busy to put the top coat on. i would have liked to been farther in my progress on this thing but life gets in the way sometimes. i will post pics once the semi gloss dries.

D-Smith
May 15, 2012, 10:03 AM
in other news, i'm 90% sold on buying the Super G 1/60 Nu Gundam. wanna give resin a shot so we will see how that goes.

thwalker13
May 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
I'd love to try it. But at that price I'm way to scared to mess it up. Cause that is a lot of dough to mess up on.

D-Smith
May 15, 2012, 10:18 AM
True that but you gotta have faith in yourself and plus there is always a huge gunpla community on the internet ready to help
Now here is the only picture i could get to show my shading. the flash is killing me

gdx9902
May 15, 2012, 5:43 PM
Looking good there D-smith.

It seems like the MK2 is coming along nicely.

From the 1st picture I see the preshading is quite even on the front, but I can't really tell much from the second picture.

D-Smith
May 15, 2012, 8:48 PM
yeah sorry i used my web cam and these were the only two pictures that were half way decent but when its finished i will borrow one of my friends cameras or i might invest in one but i will take plenty of pics. i'm gonna see if i can knock out the red and the yellow tonight. its kinda a bummer i was hoping my paint would arrive today for the frame but it didn't. i was planning on working on that because i just find i like doing the frame first so i can kinda assemble as i go but its looking like its not gonna work out like that.

D-Smith
May 15, 2012, 10:04 PM
Just layed the base coat down on the red pieces and i actually really like the color its a nice rich maroon. being my old school colors i have a soft spot mor maroon.

D-Smith
May 15, 2012, 10:41 PM
well as i was mixing my base layer yellow i decided there was no way that poop green is going on my model so i decided to just do a black base layer so we will see what happens but i know it is better than the other option. lol

D-Smith
May 16, 2012, 3:45 PM
well the yellow turned into a debacle so since there such small pieces i'm just gonna paint them straight yellow. they just were not looking good and i figured since they are motly vents that will get a wash i will just go yellow

D-Smith
May 16, 2012, 10:42 PM
Started a Video WIP/Video log on youtube. heres the link to my first video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENgnx3_jpA

D-Smith
May 19, 2012, 3:23 PM
Ordered my first resin kit the 1/60 Nu Gundam. i will definitely do a very in depth work in progress on that thing when i get to it but i gotta finish my stupid MK.II i have been procrastinating the last few days but i got a couple days off to get some work done.

thwalker13
May 19, 2012, 3:50 PM
That's going to be one hell of an undertaking. Good luck on it. I'll be keeping watch for sure. Always wondered how those resin kits work.

D-Smith
May 19, 2012, 4:28 PM
this one isn't to crazy because it doesn't have an inner frame amd sneeper1980 just told me its fixed pose so it will take mods to make poseable which i'm fine with because i suck at posing anyways

D-Smith
May 19, 2012, 9:10 PM
I'm struggling with motivation on the MK.II any recomendations?

D-Smith
May 19, 2012, 10:10 PM
I found my motivation and decided to put a third coat of yellow on those stupid yellow pieces and i got all the white pieces washed up any ready for paint so here in a bit i will lay down my base layer of navy gloss gray

D-Smith
May 19, 2012, 11:02 PM
well got almost all the white pieces on sticks but ran out so i just put my semi gloss top coat on to the red and yellow pieces so i would have enough sticks.

i used my hat as a background lol

Zeta
May 20, 2012, 2:33 AM
Wait, it's in 1/60 scale!! When built, that thing's going to be a monster of a kit!! Especially when you add in the Fin Funnels. Good luck to you [proceeds to salute].

D-Smith
May 20, 2012, 1:56 PM
the resin nu gundam is. but the one in the pictures is a 1/100 MK.II

D-Smith
May 21, 2012, 12:15 AM
well i didn't get any paint laid down today. i went golfing rather but i'm thinking about doing my base on the white right now but struggling to muster up some courage. i figured painting would get easier each time but it seems to always be an adventure with hiccups along the way but such is life of a wanna-be gunpla artist. i will hopefully have all the white and gun metal pieces done by tomorrow and be on to the frame but nothing has seem to have gone as planned on this guy. i don't know if i'm getting burned out or if its just the pressure i put on myself to want it to be perfect and to be as good as some of the peoples work i have seen but the enjoyment isn't there on this guy as it was in the past. The Nu Gundam was a pinnacle of enjoyment and this MK.II has really drug on. so if anyone has some tips to rekindle the fire let me know.

D-Smith
May 21, 2012, 2:48 AM
Another Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pWkLF4DTic&feature=g-upl

D-Smith
May 21, 2012, 7:39 PM
well got a little over half the white pieces done. it is taking longer than expected to do plus just keeping the brush clear for even spray is difficult when doing so many pieces.

D-Smith
May 21, 2012, 10:39 PM
Well the resin Nu Gundam is officially on its way from hong kong so i'm pretty stoked but its gonna probably take forever to get here.

Exia
May 21, 2012, 10:45 PM
Well the resin Nu Gundam is officially on its way from hong kong so i'm pretty stoked but its gonna probably take forever to get here.

Hong Kong usually takes a week and a half. Two weeks at most from my expierence.

D-Smith
May 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
Hong Kong usually takes a week and a half. Two weeks at most from my expierence.

Oh thats not to bad i was thinking it would take like a month

D-Smith
May 22, 2012, 5:09 AM
Can't sleep so i got all of my unfinished kits all bagged up instead of using other kits boxes. also i know i'v said it a million times but i think the PG Wing Zero Custom will be my next kit to do

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 12:15 AM
update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzR0q-cd-A0&feature=g-upl

julius
May 23, 2012, 12:53 AM
Nice man, I finally ordered my first two kits. They are both HG 1/144 the G-Bouncer and the Exia Repair II. Hope that I enjoy it as much as you do! Good luck with your future builds man keep it up

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 1:02 AM
trust me you will. make sure you put up pics and let us know how it goes. which one do you think you are gonna do first?

julius
May 23, 2012, 1:10 AM
Definitely! I wish I could have gotten a marker for lining but oh well, later on i guess if i enjoy it! And I think I'm going to build the Exia Repair II first since my favorite is the Bouncer. I'm assuming that i will make mistakes so if i had to choose which kit I'd like least mistakes on it would be the G-Bouncer haha

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 1:25 AM
here is my 1/100s minus my MG Wing Zero Custom. he is on display at my local hobby shop and then the second pic is of my 1/48th scale RX-78-2

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 1:26 AM
Definitely! I wish I could have gotten a marker for lining but oh well, later on i guess if i enjoy it! And I think I'm going to build the Exia Repair II first since my favorite is the Bouncer. I'm assuming that i will make mistakes so if i had to choose which kit I'd like least mistakes on it would be the G-Bouncer haha

good call it will give you practice on cutting pieces out before the real deal

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 1:27 AM
wow those pictures are terrible lol sorry julius but my web cam blows

julius
May 23, 2012, 1:34 AM
Nice man, that collection is looking really sweet!

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 1:38 AM
thanks man

thwalker13
May 23, 2012, 7:09 AM
That mega size RX-78 is looking pretty good.

gdx9902
May 23, 2012, 7:51 AM
well i didn't get any paint laid down today. i went golfing rather but i'm thinking about doing my base on the white right now but struggling to muster up some courage. i figured painting would get easier each time but it seems to always be an adventure with hiccups along the way but such is life of a wanna-be gunpla artist. i will hopefully have all the white and gun metal pieces done by tomorrow and be on to the frame but nothing has seem to have gone as planned on this guy. i don't know if i'm getting burned out or if its just the pressure i put on myself to want it to be perfect and to be as good as some of the peoples work i have seen but the enjoyment isn't there on this guy as it was in the past. The Nu Gundam was a pinnacle of enjoyment and this MK.II has really drug on. so if anyone has some tips to rekindle the fire let me know.

Hey, I've been following your WIPs on youtube, and I must say your presahding is coming along nicely. It looks like you got the hang of it. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't turn out the way you want it yet...

I find in this hobby, being forgiving with yourself goes a long way. As for the pressure you describe, I know what you mean. It seems like you are burnt out. From my experience, I think it is attributed to two things.

1) When starting a new technique, always be forgiving, because chances are your are going to screw it up a lot. It took me several tries to get preshading, and it's advanced forms such as Max technique down right. It is good to have a mental image of what you want, but since it is your first couple of tries, keep your expectations lower.

2) there is quite a difference once you start painting with preshading vs a straight coat I find. When you preshade, you need to focus and concentrate more as you paint, and this I find causes strains on your eyes, as well as your mind, especially if you are not yet used to it. From these strains, that means there's stress.

My suggestion is take your time with this. Don't rush it. I know it can be hard, when you really really want the kit finished and on your shelf before you move on to the next kit. Taking it easy, and doing some parts here and there, is my advice to fight burn out of this nature.

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 4:11 PM
Hey, I've been following your WIPs on youtube, and I must say your presahding is coming along nicely. It looks like you got the hang of it. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't turn out the way you want it yet...

I find in this hobby, being forgiving with yourself goes a long way. As for the pressure you describe, I know what you mean. It seems like you are burnt out. From my experience, I think it is attributed to two things.

1) When starting a new technique, always be forgiving, because chances are your are going to screw it up a lot. It took me several tries to get preshading, and it's advanced forms such as Max technique down right. It is good to have a mental image of what you want, but since it is your first couple of tries, keep your expectations lower.

2) there is quite a difference once you start painting with preshading vs a straight coat I find. When you preshade, you need to focus and concentrate more as you paint, and this I find causes strains on your eyes, as well as your mind, especially if you are not yet used to it. From these strains, that means there's stress.

My suggestion is take your time with this. Don't rush it. I know it can be hard, when you really really want the kit finished and on your shelf before you move on to the next kit. Taking it easy, and doing some parts here and there, is my advice to fight burn out of this nature.

yeah your right on with your analysis i think. i have been taking my time just do to a little bit of burn out but he is coming along slowly but surely. i finished the shading on the white pieces but need to go back and make the back half of the helmet more white because it doesn't match up with the front half. so i'm gonna do that tonight as well as put a clear coat down and that will mean i probably can't do my wash until the next day but thats fine. as far as the shading goes though i think i need to work on getting my paint to a more suitable level for long stents of spraying because i was fighting my brush the entire time on the white pieces because the paint would want to dry on the needle which would create less control and eventually no control of the amount of paint that would come out and thats what would frustrate me the most.

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 4:17 PM
That mega size RX-78 is looking pretty good.
i enjoyed the mega size a bunch just because it was pretty mellow with a sweet payoff and the fact that its HUGE is awesome. would i buy another mega size? probably not unless they put out some one i can't resist. but was this one worth it? 100%

thwalker13
May 23, 2012, 4:29 PM
I was at a large Hobby store a few weeks ago, and they had a mega sized MS-06S Zaku II Char Custom. I considered buying it. Til I looked at the price. If I got one it'd have to be one that I could not pass up.

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 4:33 PM
you can find the char zaku for fairly cheap i think i saw it for like $76 but i can't remember where. but yeah i had been wanting a RX-78 and i was thinking about just getting the PG but i didn't want to have another PG in my back log and i just wanted something easy to do so i went with the MS

thwalker13
May 23, 2012, 5:20 PM
Can't say that I blame you. The one I saw was $100 bucks. I can buy an awesome MG kit for that.

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 9:05 PM
yeah seriously Ex-S has been callin my name but i can't swing that with so much on my plate right now

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 9:10 PM
I bought a camera finally just a point and shoot nothing crazy but it will be 100 times better than my mac

julius
May 23, 2012, 10:25 PM
yesss! I actually am excited about this, lol please take a lot of pics and upload them!

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 10:30 PM
i will do my best. gotta wait for the battery to finish charging

julius
May 23, 2012, 10:34 PM
forget that! no time! just risk it lol, nah but in all honestly I'm glad cause I've seen your pics on this thread but the details are very hard to pick up so hopefully this will change that

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
yeah its a full HD 1080P camera so hopefully it will or i will be bummed

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0001.jpghttp://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0004.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0003.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0002.jpg

julius
May 23, 2012, 11:28 PM
its.....so....pretty....!

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 11:28 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0008.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0006.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0005.jpg

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 11:29 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0013.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0012.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0011.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0009.jpg

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 11:29 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0019.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0017.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0016.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0014.jpg

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 11:30 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0024.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0023.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0021.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0020.jpg

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 11:31 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0025.jpg

D-Smith
May 23, 2012, 11:41 PM
all posted julius! :)

julius
May 23, 2012, 11:54 PM
This is what I was waiting for.... YESSS! Can't wait for my Bouncer and Exia to arrive tomorrow, but the Heat game is also tomorrow... I'm from Miami but if anything I will get it done late at night, do you think the Iphone 4s would pose quality pics?

D-Smith
May 24, 2012, 12:00 AM
idk i'm sure they couldn't be to bad and some poor pics are better then no pics

julius
May 24, 2012, 12:11 AM
true and true, what are you working on now?

D-Smith
May 24, 2012, 12:16 AM
just trying to get this video uploaded then probably do a clear coat on the white pieces.

D-Smith
May 24, 2012, 1:16 AM
scratch that i had to touch up some white pieces so i might do a gloss coat later tonight or more likely tomorrow.

D-Smith
May 24, 2012, 2:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PmHjrKoz0&feature=g-upl

gdx9902
May 24, 2012, 4:41 AM
Nice, the pictures you took are way better, and now I can see the details.

Just a suggestion, perhaps it would be nice to have some different backdrops so your camera can focus on the pieces better.
I recommend, the back of a poster for color parts, or light grey/blue poster paper as a back drop. If you have like a grey shirt, or blue shirt, that can do as well.

D-Smith
May 24, 2012, 3:02 PM
will do. it was my first time trying to take pics so i'm still learning how to get the light and stuff right

D-Smith
May 25, 2012, 3:54 PM
well i've been a dead beat the last few days and have n't touched this thing and i was planning on doin work last night but my sister surprised me and came to town and she is taking me to see tenacious D tomorrow so i need to get some crap done tonight so i will hopefully have something to show you guys later tonight.

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 12:08 AM
put down some clear finally on the white pieces.

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 12:53 AM
trying to pick out a new MG i'm kinda want the exia but idk anyone wanna make aa suggestion?

thwalker13
May 26, 2012, 1:09 AM
Well, what's on your to do list?

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 1:19 AM
i'm pretty open all my must haves i've pretty much got but then there are a bunch where i'm just like i really wanna do that so idk what i want because i want so many lol

julius
May 26, 2012, 1:47 AM
I think the exia is a really sick model dude, what else do you have in mind ATM?

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 3:04 AM
the MG Shining, aile strike, zeta 2.0, sword impulse, duel, sinanju, unicorn, banshee, hyaku shiki, rgm-79 gm custom. the list goes on lol

thwalker13
May 26, 2012, 11:03 AM
I've heard bad things about the MG Sinanju. And the transformation of the Unicorn and Banshee are pains in the ass. I would probably go with the Aile Strike or the Duel.

Asterisk
May 26, 2012, 11:20 AM
I've heard bad things about the MG Sinanju.

Really? Like what? I own one, and I can only think of one issue, and it's pretty common among current MGs.

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 12:17 PM
i haven't heard one bad thing about the sinanju and the unicorn i have heard its a little tricky but nothing bad. but idk i haven't really researched them to hard

thwalker13
May 26, 2012, 1:02 PM
I watched a review awhile ago about the Sinanju and it was mostly bad comments. Though that really all has to come down to opinion. However the Unicorns seem to be pretty consistent. Weak ankles, knees, the transformation causes numerous parts to fall off. It just seemed like to much of a hassle. Which is why I've only bought the HGUC versions. And plan to buy a HGUC Sinanju when I can to complete my collection.

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 1:26 PM
well i'm the kind of person who picks either or on a tranformation so thats one flaw i won't worry about but that doesn't mean im gonna by either right away i'm still te to decide what i want. i probably don't need to buy anything but i want to lol

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 2:35 PM
well i finished the panel eash last night. i just stopped in at my hobby shop for lunch and picked up some metalizers that i'm gonna try out on the frame i decided to get the buffing metalizers so i could really make them shine.

thwalker13
May 26, 2012, 2:50 PM
That would be really cool. And I'm the same way, I'd choose the Destroy Mode and leave it that way.

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 2:54 PM
i'm so ready for this MK.II to be done lol i wanna start a new project so bad lol i really wann do the PG wing zero so bad but i'm a big woosey and want to get better at painting but i wanna build that sucker so bad.

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 3:01 PM
damn my resin Nu Gundam is already in new york. its weird though because you would think it would come to the west coast right?

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 5:41 PM
Just ordered MG shining gundam and Exia. gundam planet has a memorial day coupon code MDW48 gets you 10% off and between that and my gundam planet points saved $20.03

julius
May 26, 2012, 5:42 PM
Sweet man, and thanks for the heads up on the coupon. I gotta order new kits I am seriously hooked! I'm gonna upload pics of the Bouncer in my thread dude it came out so sick

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 5:47 PM
Sweet man definately jump on that coupon because its only good till the 28th. also i seriouslt recomend a MG, they put HG to shame

julius
May 26, 2012, 6:00 PM
Yeah I'm sure lol I think I'm going to order 1 more HG just to have a trio of some sort and then hop onto MGs, its just they are so much more expensive lol like i'd rather get two HGs than 1 MG, but then again I haven't tried one before but still

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 6:04 PM
i have done two HG's and they were nice but i would never pay money for one lol especially since there are MG that you can get for $30-$40

julius
May 26, 2012, 6:26 PM
How big are the MG compared to the HGs?

D-Smith
May 26, 2012, 6:53 PM
well i would say a little less than twice as tall

D-Smith
May 27, 2012, 2:00 PM
well the wash was finished two nights ago but i just put the final gloss coat over all the white pieces so they are complete finally so she is getting there

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 12:06 AM
well guys i'm almost done with the MK.II just buffing the stainless steel then have to put down some sealer and then bust out the aluminum pieces put some sealer then some clears and she will be done.

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 1:08 AM
18 little pieces left whoo!!!

julius
May 28, 2012, 3:22 AM
im here man ! can't wait :)

Dude what MGs do you recommend for me?

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 10:22 AM
whatever one you think looks the coolest. i have yet to do a MG that i was disappointed in so go for the best looking one in your budget

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
well i just had to order a new air valve for my airbrush because i wasn't getting any air flow so that won't be here for 3-5 days good thing i have a back up lol

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 11:42 AM
wow i forgot how nice that brush really is to use. i have talked smack about it but performance wise it really is nice. just gotta buff seal and put some clear colors down and she will be done.

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 12:51 PM
everything is painted and most of it is assembled minus the pieces still drying so expect pictures soon

julius
May 28, 2012, 2:01 PM
can't wait dude, i want to start painting by next month, I want to like buy 3 G-Bouncers and make a custom army I really like the design of that suit if it get an MG for sure i'll buy it

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 2:16 PM
its all done pics will be uploaded in minutes

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 2:19 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0144.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0143.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0142.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0141.jpg

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 2:24 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0148.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0147.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0146.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0145.jpg

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 2:25 PM
here is a 1/144th compared to the 1/100th
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0149.jpg

julius
May 28, 2012, 3:01 PM
dude.... that is so sick! You gotta teach me those techniques man really that is an awesome kit the clean weathering came out great!

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 3:04 PM
i think i need to take better pics because there are some things that you can't really see but whats funny is for some reason i'm super proud of the boosters on the back lol

julius
May 28, 2012, 3:48 PM
Yeah dude I was gonna say that blue looks so nice man good stuff!

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 3:58 PM
if you need any help when you start painting let me know and i will do my best to help

julius
May 28, 2012, 4:02 PM
Alright man, I'm still stuck on what my next purchase should be....

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 4:09 PM
which ones do you have in mind?

julius
May 28, 2012, 5:52 PM
for HGs .... a lot

http://www.gundamplanet.com/hg-r-15-freedom-gundam.html is looking real sweet

also http://www.gundamplanet.com/gundam-astraea.html looks so nice

but this MG looks AMAZING http://www.gundamplanet.com/mg-gundam-astray-blue-frame-2nd-revise.html

D-Smith
May 28, 2012, 9:54 PM
i have the MG freedom gundam but i have not done it yet but i love the design of the freedom

D-Smith
May 29, 2012, 9:50 AM
well guys i'm struggling on my decision on what to do next i think i'm gonna woos out on doing a PG so the list is the following
MG Zeta
MG Wing
MG Freedom
MG Shining
MG Exia

*edit*
the resin Nu Gundam will be starting his construction as soon as it gets here so thats why its not on the list

julius
May 29, 2012, 2:22 PM
I would say Exia :)

thwalker13
May 29, 2012, 3:37 PM
You know what my vote would go to.

D-Smith
May 29, 2012, 3:54 PM
i know i want to do the PG also but i want to knock that thing out of the park and i don't feel like i can do that yet.

thwalker13
May 29, 2012, 4:14 PM
Don't stress over it. I want to do my PG Strike Freedom project very badly. But I also want it to be my crowning achievement. And I know that I can't do that awesome MS justice right now. No pun intended. So I know how you feel. Get some more practice and when you feel you're ready. Then it's time to bring Wing Zero to life.

D-Smith
May 29, 2012, 4:16 PM
I would say Exia :)
I wouldn't mind doing the exia but there are some paints i'm gonna have to special order because i'm gonna try my first custom color scheme on the exia. but i'm sunk in the water until my air valve comes in. i have my back up air brush but i want to only use that in emergencies like i had to with the MK.II. it was kinda a bummer because i would have probably finished the zeta as well this weekend if my brush didn't crap out because i had my motivation again to paint. i think between being so close to finishing the mk.ii and loving those metalizers it kinda jump started my drive to paint.

Asterisk
May 29, 2012, 4:25 PM
See, that's where your thinking wrong. If you plan on saving something until you feel you're good enough, you'll never start on it.
Take everything you know how to do, and strive to do it your best, then down the road, try it again with something new and better.

D-Smith
May 29, 2012, 4:28 PM
you are probably right but i've learned some new skills recently and there are a couple more i want to learn and that is whats causing my hesitation. plus i'm starting that resin beast soon so having resin and a PG on my plate at once could get crazy.

D-Smith
May 29, 2012, 8:47 PM
well with the rule change by joe and asterisk calling me out on being a woosey lol i'm just gonna go for it on the PG Wing Zero Custom. now i just need to get back on facebook lol

so this time for real i will do the PG FOR REAL lol i promise.

D-Smith
May 30, 2012, 2:17 AM
well i've been thinking about how i'm gonna paint this and i think i got something in mind

thwalker13
May 30, 2012, 7:15 AM
Sweet. I can't wait to see it.

D-Smith
May 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
the inner frame now that i have really looked at it, is much more complex than a MG but not by much. there really isn't TOO many pieces but there will be a but load of masking involved which sucks but i bet i will be a lot better at it by the time i'm done lol. i think there is 7 or 8 runners that are for the inner frame/twin buster rifle. what i'm not looking forward to is the shading of the white pieces. there is seriously like a million lol

thwalker13
May 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
Shading the wings will look awesome. If you're going to put some detail into the inner frame be sure to post up pics of it. Can't wait to see the start of this.

D-Smith
May 30, 2012, 3:37 PM
i will, the inner frame is gonna probably be the center piece if it turns out how i'm planning
i just ordered a butt load of metalizers for this bad boy and my hobby shop is seeing if they can get me the alclad chrome. i'm really hoping they can but its not the end of the world if they can'y its just a little more inconvenient to get

D-Smith
May 30, 2012, 3:57 PM
yes the alclad is a go!!

D-Smith
May 30, 2012, 10:11 PM
stripping the red paint off SUUUUCKS this is turning into such a messy project lol i'm like covered in red flakes lol

NanoSpore
May 30, 2012, 11:31 PM
Did you wire it up? I had trouble with that part, but I think I was just doing something wrong. Good luck!

D-Smith
May 30, 2012, 11:35 PM
i'm not that far yet. just started this thing like today lol

NanoSpore
May 30, 2012, 11:42 PM
haha Well, let us know when you do! It's quite a build you're getting yourself into.

D-Smith
May 30, 2012, 11:44 PM
i'm not that concerned with the build its just figuring my paint out thats worrying me because i have no idea how its gonna turn out lol

D-Smith
May 31, 2012, 12:51 AM
well all the red paint is stripped. i kinda found my groove half way through it

D-Smith
June 1, 2012, 3:21 PM
i've got two packages arriving at my house today peeps and i gotta say i'm dying to go home lol

D-Smith
June 2, 2012, 12:56 AM
why can't usps just leave my packages on the door i am literally never home when they drop off because i have a JOB lol like seriously who is home at 1 during the week its ridiculous. hopefully i can talk someone into picking it up for me tomorrow.

Asterisk
June 2, 2012, 6:53 AM
lol Despite working full time, I'm almost always home at 1. I work 11pm-6/7am, though, so it's a little different for me. What drives me nuts is when something us shipped USPS, it doesn't get here until nearly 4, by which time I'm typically in bed.

D-Smith
June 2, 2012, 10:49 AM
see i work just 8-5 so its just impossible to get into the post office and i'm not there when they drop off so it sucks. but my grandpa lives a few blocks away so i was able to talk him into heading down there today for me so i will have an unboxing in the next couple days probably

D-Smith
June 2, 2012, 5:03 PM
I'm so close to winning a PG Zeta for a screaming deal. i have been really wanting to get that thing and can't beat the price

D-Smith
June 3, 2012, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfe2HIpNjt8&feature=g-upl

D-Smith
June 3, 2012, 4:40 AM
well i am about half way done washing all the pieces and i'm thinking i should have worn gloves because i think my left hand is going to fall off

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 1:56 AM
what i got washed up so far
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0201-2.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0200-2.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0199-2.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0198-2.jpg

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 1:56 AM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0197-2.jpg

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 4:45 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0236-2.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0233-2.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0232-2.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0231-2.jpg

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 4:46 PM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0239-1.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0238.jpg

thwalker13
June 4, 2012, 8:18 PM
Jeeze that thing is HUGE!

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 8:29 PM
i know i wasn't expecting it to rival the 1/48th but the Nu is a pretty tall gundam i just finished the skirts armor so i am gonna work on the other leg so i can hopefully have it stand

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXMEYNc7M4&feature=g-upl

Squee
June 4, 2012, 10:53 PM
Nice kit! Seems like the cast might have shrunk a little from the recasting. Nothing a bunch of putty and plaplates can't fix. ^_^

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 10:59 PM
thanks haha and i'm NOT worried about the size of this thing lol he is plenty big

Squee
June 4, 2012, 11:17 PM
thanks haha and i'm NOT worried about the size of this thing lol he is plenty big

Size? I'm talking about the gap between parts. When resin gets recast, the parts tend to shrink a bit, leaving gaps between the parts.

D-Smith
June 4, 2012, 11:22 PM
oh ok yeah the gaps are not to bad its mostly because things are not sitting properly because they are just in there loose

D-Smith
June 5, 2012, 12:01 AM
well after working on and off today here is what i got done.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0244.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0243.jpg

D-Smith
June 5, 2012, 11:00 PM
besides being the scariest shit ever pinning isn't THAT bad lol

Squee
June 5, 2012, 11:03 PM
By the end of this kit you should be a pro at pinning lol. It gets easier over time. Nowaday i can look at a part and guesstimate and 90% of the time its right on lol.

D-Smith
June 5, 2012, 11:06 PM
its just tougher to go straight then i thought

D-Smith
June 5, 2012, 11:08 PM
some new stuff
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0246-1.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0247-1.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0248-1.jpg
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/D_SMITH_SON/IMG_0249-1.jpg

D-Smith
June 5, 2012, 11:09 PM