PDA

View Full Version : Go Gold or Yellow? MG Wing Gundam

WING ZERO
March 18, 2012, 8:56 PM
so for the MG Wing Gundam i'm definitely not gonna paint yellow-orange parts that same god awful color but i'm not sure if i wanna go gold or yellow. let me know what you think or if you have done this kit in gold or yellow i would love to see pics.

Joe
March 19, 2012, 12:27 AM
so for the MG Wing Gundam i'm definitely not gonna paint yellow-orange parts that same god awful color but i'm not sure if i wanna go gold or yellow. let me know what you think or if you have done this kit in gold or yellow i would love to see pics.

Gundam Wing kits are the only ones that can pull off gold instead of yellow without looking too cartoony. That being said, the MG kit is a terrific piece and deserves to look it's best. I actually like the yellow on the MG, the orange-yellow at that, it really does compliment the dark royal blue. As long as your yellow isn't too bright, go yellow. If you are thinking a bright yellow vs gold, go gold.

Kenico
March 19, 2012, 1:07 AM
Go for the Gold dude, no pun intended lol.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 1:21 AM
well what i used for my deathscythe hell custom was was model masters chrome yellow, i don't know why they call it chrome yellow cause its not but it is i think a great v fin yellow and darker, i don't want to say much darker but darker than the v fins as they come unpainted for a standard kit "non yellow orange" so i think it would look good but i also think the gold would look good.

with all that said lol i'm leaning towards yellow more than gold but idk i'm torn

thwalker13
March 19, 2012, 7:14 AM
I have a couple old HG kits from way back in the day. I painted a few of my Wing kits gold and it ended up looking odd. I'd say go with the yellow cause not every kit can pull off gold.

CKai Cydek
March 19, 2012, 9:43 AM
I'd say go for the gold color only if the rest of the kit has something to balance it out, like maybe a gunmetal for the gray parts & joints. Otherwise yellow may be the better option, especially if you wanna make it anime-accurate.

And the type of gold also depends on the rest of the colors - a straight gold may be nice if the rest of the colors are muted, or darker, like a midnight blue or maroon instead of blue & red. Otherwise, go for a more yellowy gold.

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 2:09 PM
inner frame comes in gunmetal im going to be painting most of the buster rifle a dark grey and then some of the pieces gun metal. then as far as blue goes im using model masters 4660 dark blue and red i think i'm gonna use 2718 guards red

as far as the gold or yellow i would use either 4683 chrome yellow "not chrome at all" or Tamiya X-12 Gold leaf

Joe
March 19, 2012, 5:44 PM
gold leaf with clear yellow over it? then it's both yellow and gold!

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 6:27 PM
NO NO lol thats not the plan it was an "either or" not a mix

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 7:11 PM
this is the HG wing v fin its hand painted and idk if i like the gold

sorry my web cam sucks

Joe
March 19, 2012, 9:01 PM
:-/ yeah maybe the yellow will be best...

WING ZERO
March 19, 2012, 9:16 PM
its not that i don't like the gold i just think yellow looks better but i'm still happy with the HG v-fin and i'm gonna do the rest of the HG in gold but the MG is getting the yellow for sure