PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Reveiwers

Kenico
March 14, 2012, 3:29 AM
i didnt know where to properly put this thread so i put it here. And the Thread is about who are your Favorite "Professional" Reveiwers? and you dont have to name just one how about a list and their style of review can range from either a blog to youtube. lol and of course their reveiws can range from Gunpla and Gundam Series Reveiws (shocker [see name of fourm to see why lol jke]) to other animes and other figures (action figures, books, etc.) the thread sounds like i was bored and want to talk shop (and it is lol) but hey there may be some kids out there that may want to know what kit to get and want to know what they are gettin themselves into besides the heresay of myself and my fellow members and they may want to know what the pros say about a certain anime or figure or kit etc. so tell me (or better yet us) who are your favorite (albeit reccommended) professional reveiwers? Also you may place links to said reviewers here lol.

thwalker13
March 14, 2012, 7:59 AM
I don't know if you can classify them as professional. But I watch reviews posted mainly by rrobbert184 (gundam.tk). His reviews are direct, to the point and albeit rather funny. If I'm looking for something that he has yet to review I'll look up vegeta8259 or Prime92. I've watched a few other people. But these guys seem to know more of what they're doing. Vegeta is more of a painter than the others, so he's a good source for painting knowledge. Prime is just a rather basic modeler. But still a good watch at times. And rrobbert184 is a good all round source of info. He sometimes paints but nothing to a great extent. But he does get new and old kits and is really good at posting his videos.

WING ZERO
March 14, 2012, 10:12 AM
yeah those are the three i usually find myself watching. i usually like vegeta8259 better because he paints and if he hasn't done the kit then rrobert184 and worst case scenario prime92.

squeam
March 14, 2012, 10:51 AM
I rly <3 that TimberNewtype guy !!!1!!11ftw!

For realsies, though, I like to check:
rrobbert184 --- for his "Verdict" videos
Prime92 --- is great for a look at what the kit will be straight OOB
vegeta --- is -as mentioned- a painting master
00gundamreviewsV2 (ED) --- does some interesting stuff
CitrusJuicebox --- doesn't have a ton of reviews, but the ones he does are very comprehensive and well-thought out

Here's some fun other Gunplars:

vitzrsx --- lotsa Figma and Nedoroid mixed with some unique takes on Gunpla
l33tm4st3r --- a great source for reviews of AGE kits
TheKrowSoma --- the "dude bros" of Gunpla reviews, currently stationed in Okinawa
mokanaman --- an absolute painting AUTHORITY, thiss guy gets into the nitty gritty of paint theory
vektar --- decent reviews and home of the Veknique, a method of using rattle cans to customize your Gunpla
crapmunky99 --- great "how to" vids for detail painting in a simple manner

Red
March 14, 2012, 10:52 AM
I feel this thread is appropriate enough to be put in the General Model Discussion section. Anyway, the only one of those three that I've seen are rrobbert184's videos. He seems to know his stuff and, as mentioned, is rather entertaining. I've seen vegeta8259's stuff on flickr and it's really good. I'll have to check out his videos. As for Prime92, never heard of him.

squeam
March 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
I feel this thread is appropriate enough to be put in the General Model Discussion section. As for Prime92, never heard of him.

Moved. And Prime92 is a not a dude.

Red
March 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
Oh, well then my mistake. I had a feeling that was gonna happen haha.

thwalker13
March 14, 2012, 3:47 PM
Moved. And Prime92 is a not a dude.

Lol, I've often wondered this.

Joe
March 14, 2012, 8:07 PM
Yeah, that TimberNewtype guy IS one of my favorites! His review style is ever evolving too, I feel his style of reviewing will soon be the cutting edge format of the industry!

My top 5 Youtube reviewers are in no particular order:
vegeta8259
prime92
rrobbert184
00GundamreviewsV2
and yes, our very own Squeam as TimberNewtype!

I also am subbed to JashuaGundamu he does MSiA reviews, regular contests, is making a stop motion animated series, and has a store on eBay that gets some pretty rare MSiA figures if you are a collector.

As for blogers:
Gaijin Gunpla
Gunpla-Inochi - Z's "Real" Gundam Model Reviews <-has not updated in forever T_T
Dalong.net
And sure why not a shameless plug - ME! although I too am rather slow to update...

Red
March 14, 2012, 8:29 PM
Gunpla-Inochi - Z's "Real" Gundam Model Reviews <-has not updated in forever T_T

Yeah I really wish Z would update soon. There are some really good kit reviews on that blog.

Kenico
March 15, 2012, 1:35 AM
For Gunpla:
rrobbert184
vegeta8259
prime92
TimberNewtype

Blog:
Havent found one any recomms?

As for Anime:
TheAnimeOverveiwer (i look at his reveiws for not only Gundam Anime but for other anime as well)