PDA

View Full Version : Building a real Gundam?

Nightchaser
December 14, 2018, 7:02 PM
I came across this article of Elon Musk's interest in Mecha. Will we see a mobile suit for real? One that can colonize Mars. :roll: If anything along the lines of Gundam is being built, I don't think it will be piloted. Most crafts these days are not piloted. The MQ 25 Stingray is beautifully elegant (not piloted), that should go to space. One thing about mobile suits though, it lacks that elegance. I believe that if Space X and Tesla really want to build a mobile suit, they can. Hihi, I already have my secret wish list.....Unicorn and Hyaku Shiki!!! I'm greedy, I ask too much. :D Any thoughts on this possibility?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2018/10/16/elon-musk-reveals-his-love-of-anime-and-the-desire-to-build-a-mecha/?fbclid=IwAR3kG5G_FKYTNZly-SZ_MjFrUPjZ-cPXzsb_c1hRXA-znrFSZ14ank55vhQ#191788275b42

Zeta
December 14, 2018, 7:36 PM
I came across this article of Elon Musk's interest in Mecha. Will we see a mobile suit for real? One that can colonize Mars. :roll: If anything along the lines of Gundam is being built, I don't think it will be piloted. Most crafts these days are not piloted. The MQ 25 Stingray is beautifully elegant (not piloted), that should go to space. One thing about mobile suits though, it lacks that elegance. I believe that if Space X and Tesla really want to build a mobile suit, they can. Hihi, I already have my secret wish list.....Unicorn and Hyaku Shiki!!! I'm greedy, I ask too much. :D Any thoughts on this possibility?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2018/10/16/elon-musk-reveals-his-love-of-anime-and-the-desire-to-build-a-mecha/?fbclid=IwAR3kG5G_FKYTNZly-SZ_MjFrUPjZ-cPXzsb_c1hRXA-znrFSZ14ank55vhQ#191788275b42

I could actually seen pilotable mecha becoming a reality. If and when we as a species decide to colonize any part of space (the Moon, Mars, the Asteroid Belt, etc.), we may need durable machines like mecha to survive the harsh environment. That being said, I doubt that the mecha of the near future will be like anything out of Gundam. I imagine that our first true pilotable mechs will be more along the lines of Labors from the Patlabor franchise.

Rxslinger
December 14, 2018, 8:20 PM
I guess you guys haven't heard of the Timberjack.

Zeta
December 14, 2018, 8:23 PM
I guess you guys haven't heard of the Timberjack.

Is this machine for real, or are you just f@#king with us?

Nightchaser
December 15, 2018, 1:09 AM
I could actually seen pilotable mecha becoming a reality. If and when we as a species decide to colonize any part of space (the Moon, Mars, the Asteroid Belt, etc.), we may need durable machines like mecha to survive the harsh environment. That being said, I doubt that the mecha of the near future will be like anything out of Gundam. I imagine that our first true pilotable mechs will be more along the lines of Labors from the Patlabor franchise.

I don’t think real life Mechas will be used in combat (space, land, sea), that’s a long way off. The mechas should however be in humanoid form (on two legs) as different from Zoids or 4 legged robots. Boston dynamics is doing a lot of work along mecha lines (two legged) already but I hate their designs, especially the four legged ones, they look “weird”, like marching dogs, I always imagine that one day, they will be used to hunt us down! I have wild imagination. ��

It would be interesting to see how (if Space X builds a humanoid mobile robot) they launch that into space and the actual tasks the mechas perform in space. It looks very possible.

Rxslinger
December 15, 2018, 2:13 PM
Is this machine for real, or are you just f@#king with us?

Maybe I am maybe I'm not. Lol

https://youtu.be/2pJwDZXasKU