PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Versus

Vulcanos
April 21, 2017, 1:34 PM
So, it's coming out in July on the PS4.

I'm interested in the project but the lack of several main installments (G, X, AGE) and an apparent overabundance of 00 units from the first season alone (All Three Thrones are likely to be playable, with Zwei and Ein confirmed and Drei being a virtual lock), there are issues with the roster.

futabaaoi
April 21, 2017, 1:57 PM
They always add other units later on. Something will show up from each later on. It would be a bit odd if they didn't. But I would not get too worried about the state it is in now.

Vulcanos
April 22, 2017, 11:20 AM
Oh, I'm not that worried. The Thrones and G-Self are playable! That's all I ever wanted.

I'm just saying there will be those disappointed by the selection.

Zeon's RedComet
April 22, 2017, 12:48 PM
As much as the lack of some series is dissapointing, for the series that do seem to be in, they seem to be going all out, Stuff like the Nemo (which hasn't been in one of these since GvZ) Graham's Flag (figured they'd just modifiy the brave to bring it in and the Jesta are all kind of neat, the full wing roster, that isn't sold as DLC down the line (they all made it into FB...eventually and it was scattered between OVA and TV versions) So yeah while it seems some series are out (and I'm salty about the seeming as of now, lack of G) they do seem to really be padding out everything that is included by putting more or less everything in, and there's still allot of reveal time.

Plus for better or worse, depending on views (kind of in the middle about it) the rest will be padded out though DLC, hopefully there's reasonably priced season packs. I want my Dark hound damn it, since it was never added to EXVS FB even as it came into the sequels they never hawked it as DLC later on like they did some other suits, or hell, even free like that Vita game...I doubt that though.

EP2455
April 25, 2017, 9:09 PM
anyone have a list of current suits for the game? Also will we be getting it state side

Zeta
April 27, 2017, 3:51 PM
So as expected, this game is getting a Western release (not just in the US but in Europe as well):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xcHhF6Jk8

Not only that, but you can also vote on which piece of cover art you want to see:

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/vote-for-the-gundam-versus-cover

Vulcanos
May 13, 2017, 4:35 PM
I find the alternative pilots a very nice touch.

Zeon's RedComet
May 16, 2017, 7:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yhIvvZm.jpg

So we're getting some missing link stuff, Slave Wraith, and Vincent Glissner's Gelgoog.

I don't see much of a point in the Slave Wraith when it's well...we have the Ground Gundam and Ez8 both, maybe they can do something neat with it.

Honestly kind of wish we got the Pale Rider or the Totestrider if they're giving us missing link stuff. Also Hi-Nu but that isn't as surprising. (Now Nightengale would be surprising)

- - - Updated - - -

Also mentioned on a website talking about the article, and 200 cost suits:

They mention the Guntank, Dom (Mentions Gaia specifically, but with alt pilots I assume we'll get the pick of any of them), GM Custom, ReZEL, Rick Dias, and Vigna Ghina.

http://gamestalk.net/post-78889/

- - - Updated - - -

http://g-versus.ggame.jp/ms_stage/ms/

Here's more on the roster, there's things not on it yet but a few things I didn't know where in.

I'm happy to see the Gun-EZ is returning, and I hope they don't change it up, but given the new support mechanic it might be...

As long as you can still summon other gun-Ez's as sheilds for you or your partner I'll be fine with it, it was one of my favorites in EXVS.

Zeon's RedComet
May 24, 2017, 8:24 PM
The roster on the website above is apparently the full roster now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's lackluster in areas I have to admit (series omissions, so much 00 S1 but no Virtue) but there's some stuff that has me happy, the snippets of Vigna Ghina seem fun as hell. (Which is nice one of my main low cost suits was the Berga Girois it's nice to see more F91 Vanguard stuff come in)

Zeon's RedComet
June 1, 2017, 9:31 AM
There's a free Trial going up early this morning (Late at night in Japan) for an hour on the Japanese PSN for anyone interested, it ain't too hard to make one for those interested, just kind of tedious having to make a new E-mail, and then getting a JP ZIP Code. (Forgot my old one's password sadly and the Email for it is dead, works on my PS3 still thankfully lol)

I'll post my thoughts when it goes live in a few hours.

- - - Updated - - -

It played more or less like EXVS for the most part, only thing to really get used too is the dedicated support button, and it feels like units eat up allot more boost, but conversely it seems to recover a bit quicker. Gonna say it right now before getting into units and gameplay I'm far from a pro when it comes to Versus and most is this is from offline, on the third there's gonna be another hour going so I'll try some PvP then and see what's up there.

As for units played a bit of the RX-78 seems well, if you've played EXVS it'll feel similar minus it's supports being changed to the striker system (advantage you get options, disadvantage it lacks the in battle versitility of how it worked before), and played a fair bit of the G-self and I really like it, has allot of options at it's disposal space pack works as a pretty basic unit with a good stun option and a grab like feature the reflect pack allows you to tank beams until the reflector dies, the beam rifle fires quicker and can fire a charged shot also has a sustained beam that causes an explosion and a wings of light esq attack, Melee is sub optimal in that mode as to be expected but it can catch people unaware and it grabs people out of the fight for a few seconds so don't discount it. It can also use the Assault pack when you put in the Transformation command. As long as you're boosting you'll keep it, has a good host of ranged options and some melee with the giant beam wings it had.

Kimaris Trooper is nice too, reminds me a bit of the Gyan in the fact you try and just poke at them with your machine-gun (needle missiles in the case of the Gyan) and it's mines, has some neat movement features, but the rate of fire on it's machine guns is so damn slow, as someone who mained a few machine gun heavy units in EXVS (Blue Destiny, Berga Giros, and X Divider) it feels off. But it's charged shot is neat for catching people on occasion, as it moves towards them while firing.

Barbatos I ended up liking more than I thought, it's a very opportunistic unit, most of it's options are tied to it's movement options, a special thrust feature, and a mace thing that changes depending on movement, the up/down one on the mace isn't that great, but I can see it being used less as an attack and more of a get behind your opponent/get out of the line of melee feature in advanced play. It's kind of neat you poke around with the machinegun then try to charge, it seems pretty easy to get behind things with it, how that'll work online against people I don't know but it's interesting, it's charged shot is the mace throw which is a pretty good stun and it also has a Katana throw that stuns as well but it's less severe. (But you can use it quicker by virtue of it not being a charged shot)

The gouf is kind of what you expect from a grunt, hand machinegun is the main thing, has a shielded melee movement, the heat rod is kind of slow, but each time you hit with it, it builds up more charge getting stronger and stronger, also has a bazooka as well. Seems okay, but I don't see this winning me over when the Gouf Custom is in the game.

Aside from that most units from the last game seem about the same only with most of them getting their assists replaced by this new striker system when lets you unlock (at least in the main game) and use any thing with anything, which seems neat on the surface level but when some of the removed Assists had multiple inputs to do different things it kind of guts some suits. Like the Gun EZ, which got it's assist removed (from the website didn't get to play it so maybe it'll sneak in but I doubt it) which allowed you to summon three more Gun-EZ's to sheild you or your oponent depending on directional input when you summoned them. I find it weird that they did this when some suits, like the Dom get a dedicated assist on top of this new striker nonsense.

That said it was okay, I'm kind of excited there seems to be allot more PvE options on and offline, PvP from a quick glance seems the same though now with 1v1 and 3v3 also being options (like I said I didn't check into it much beyond looking at menus) but I have to say, the game kind of leaves me thinking it feels like EXVS with some things exchanged for other things and some slight mechanical differences, I'm glad it's coming to the west and I think newcomers will enjoy it but I remain by what I said in the video games thread I kind of wish they just ported MB on. Looks pretty though.

If anyone else is interested there's another hour trial on the 3rd, you can download ti now but it won't come up and be playable until then, 5-6AM pst so so unless you're an early bird it's not really the best time.

Zeon's RedComet
June 8, 2017, 6:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCBu0056KFk
Full Roster trailer for those who want a peek. Find it weird that the Side Stories stuff seems lumped in with 0083.

Zeon's RedComet
June 30, 2017, 12:16 PM
Idk if anyone is interested, but that Trial that's been going on for the past month or so is having a two day period this weekend (from now until Sunday in Japan) where it's just continuously going, so if you haven't checked it out now's a good time it also has all the suits from the various trials available which is nice. I have to say despite some of my reservations from before the game is growing on me a bit. Nemo is suprisingly fun, both the Thunderbolt Suits are as well (IDK which I like more honestly, leaning Zaku because it feels better at range and has nice mobility options with it's various weapons, but I feel like the FA-78 has a better neutral game and is better mid ranged) and the Flag is everything I hoped it was.

Haven't played much online yet, but, if the trend carries into the full game, expect to see Full Cloth...everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Also allot of Zwei's I've seen too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY95S-YSobA

Also Virtue has made it in as DLC, idk if it's preorder or just launch DLC or what.

Daltrons-counter-attack
June 30, 2017, 12:44 PM
Question is there split screen for this?

see you later space cowboy

Zeon's RedComet
June 30, 2017, 1:00 PM
Question is there split screen for this?

There isn't for some inexplicable reason. (Well the reason might be to sell more, though it really just serves to anger a few people more than really help sales)

Daltrons-counter-attack
June 30, 2017, 1:02 PM
Yea that's a deciding factor for me since me and my buddies normally play split screen with fighting games mostly naruro

Zeon's RedComet
August 25, 2017, 8:15 AM
https://i.imgur.com/osbe14g.jpg

Spicy news, Phantom is gonna be a DLC unit in the game. This is somewhat of a Big deal since this is the first new Crossbone unit that isn't a Crossbone since EXVS. Hell ever I think actually. Only games with non Crossbone Gundam Crossbone units have been SRW and SD games I think.

Zeon's RedComet
September 2, 2017, 10:25 AM
For those who may still be interested there's a western beta up now on the US PSN that's going until the 4th, it has every suit in the game sans DLC available to play, and it's also a preload for the full game I believe too.

Zeta
September 3, 2017, 12:58 AM
For those who may still be interested there's a western beta up now on the US PSN that's going until the 4th, it has every suit in the game sans DLC available to play, and it's also a preload for the full game I believe too.

I'd be on the beta right this instance... except I don't have a PS4. So instead, I'll settle for some videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lKu9JE34Es

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1cIkERQw0I

1punchman
September 3, 2017, 3:27 AM
it's an alright game, some of the game mechanics could use some polishing up to be honest, but it's really bad a$$ to see my favorite mobile suits on there. from playing the game so far, i don't think there's a way to counter while mid air or on the ground even(in a quick way atleast).i don't know if it's because it's a beta, but if not...i don't think i would spend 59.99 plus tax on it. i would just wait a while for it to be lower at gamestop or ebay.

Zeon's RedComet
September 3, 2017, 6:20 PM
I'd be on the beta right this instance... except I don't have a PS4. So instead, I'll settle for some videos:

Well when you do there probably will be more suits and the game may be cheaper, so glass half full on that.

Honestly out of the suits in the game I'm finding I'm liking allot of the suits I didn't find my self excited for are all pretty good, Slave Wraith in particular takes all the points I did like about Ez8 and the Ground Gundam, as well as some inspiration from Blue Destiny and merges them pretty well. It's honestly nice having a suit that's both a machine gun suit and a BR suit in one.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say playing some matches online, I figured having more US people to play with would clear it up but the connections are still a crapshoot, needs some netcode work honestly.

1punchman
September 3, 2017, 11:00 PM
ez8 is my favorite ...it's quicker in the game that i thought it would be. i used that one the most for the "ultimate battle"

Vulcanos
October 12, 2017, 5:49 PM
Wait... They renamed Al-Saachez???

LeDelmo
December 27, 2017, 4:19 PM
Getting my copy tomorrow. I casually play other fighting games so I hope the learning curve isnt too bad. From what I have seen as far as commands go it look rather simple.

My friend plays it allot. And I noticed he seems to complain about the selection of units in versus compared to the last one? So, I looked it up, that Full boost? doesn't seem to have all that many more suit than this one.

We got to talking about we were making a wish list for future MS's.

Really the only ones I'd like to see are a Efreet, the Tetra, Act Zaku and Gelgoog Jager.

He really wants the Efreet Schneid and Gundam XX

What suits would you like to see added?

Zeta
December 27, 2017, 4:34 PM
Getting my copy tomorrow. I casually play other fighting games so I hope the learning curve isnt too bad. From what I have seen as far as commands go it look rather simple.

My friend plays it allot. And I noticed he seems to complain about the selection of units in versus compared to the last one? So, I looked it up, that Full boost? doesn't seem to have all that many more suit than this one.

We got to talking about we were making a wish list for future MS's.

Really the only ones I'd like to see are a Efreet, the Tetra, Act Zaku and Gelgoog Jager.

He really wants the Efreet Schneid and Gundam XX

What suits would you like to see added?

Initially, the game didn't have as many suits as the last one. However, recently there have a lot of DLC units announced such as the God Gundam (aka the Burning Gundam in NA) and the Master Gundam. What I should tell you though is that this game (and the game series as a whole) has steep learning curve when it comes to PvP online matches.

LeDelmo
December 27, 2017, 5:08 PM
Well, my main two fighting games are Guilty Gear and BlazBlue.

If its more complicated than those two...

Zeon's RedComet
December 28, 2017, 2:25 AM
Honestly the biggest thing with versus is to get good at spacing, and take into consideration team composition, as well as make sure to keep an eye on your boost meter and get good at making sure you always have some boost. Aside from that like anything learn what your kit does and when to use it and you'll be golden.

Haven't played the latest one online since the beta so don't know how hard the online is now, but back during it, it wasn't that bad granted everyone was learning the ropes aside from people who also played the JP beta.

As for roster, depends on what last one he was talking about, last home one, FB then yeah it's not that bad especially as DLC has came out since and odds are will keep coming, but if he means Maxiboost (Arcade game in the EXVS line), then yeah we're missing quite a bit but most of those seem to be coming as well. Personally I'm holding off until we see a DLC bundle like happened with the FB DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't hold your breath for the last two, but the Efreet coming in the form of the EXAM may happen eventually if the pattern holds of FB suits coming in, same with the Tetra.

LeDelmo
December 29, 2017, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath for the last two, but the Efreet coming in the form of the EXAM may happen eventually if the pattern holds of FB suits coming in, same with the Tetra.

Thats all I need !

All I really wanted was the Tetra but the others would be cool. I knew the Jager, and Act Zaku were wishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

So, Finally got some time to play.

Its a interesting game. The game play is allot more stiff than I was expecting.

But, whats really concerning is that. I bought the US version and my friends got the JP version. It seems like we can play together but ONLY in certain modes. Whats weird is that he has to invite me or it doesn't work at all. I cant invite him at all. And in ultimate battle we cant finish the 30+ wave one's because during the special missions we some how end up doing different things. And get disconnected after them. Truly strange.

Another thing we noticed is that his version has way more stuff. He has ALLOT more music. My music list is very sad. And if I hear the main theme song to Gundam I am going to go crazy. He also has more Navigators aswell.

But so far I have having fun.

Zeon's RedComet
December 29, 2017, 7:56 PM
Thats all I need !
Another thing we noticed is that his version has way more stuff. He has ALLOT more music. My music list is very sad. And if I hear the main theme song to Gundam I am going to go crazy. He also has more Navigators aswell.

Allot of music is taken out in western Gundam games sadly. As for the navigator's he could of gotten them as DLC I know for EXVS they released a bunch of navi's as DLC.

Efreet_masterrace
January 4, 2018, 5:38 AM
I hate that there is no split screen,
me and my friend needed to actually use two ps4s one with PS VR to play in the same room together lol

Zeta
January 4, 2018, 7:09 AM
I am very curious as to why there is no split screen for this game. You'd think that as an action-fighting game, that would be an automatic feature you would want to include. Also, the lack of an extended single-player experience is also jarring. It's funny, Bandai seems to be doing all the right moves in bringing Gundam back to the N. American market, except in the video game sector where it seems like they're doing things half-@$$ed.

LeDelmo
January 4, 2018, 3:28 PM
This was the first new Gundam game I had played in years. And I must say I am not impressed. Especially considering these are supposed to be the replacement for the old school 2D Gundam fighting games.

The controls for this game are very poor. When I see game play of this game. I was thinking something similar to Zone of the Enders. But, its not...
The mechanics of the game are just poor in general. And Changing button locations isn't going to help much.

My biggest problem so far is the AI. The enemy AI seems to be okay. "Even if they will lock-on to you from halfway across the map and get a hit, Yet ignoring the Support Ai right in front of them" Which has to be my biggest complaint. The support Ai is terrible. It never listens to commands "I honestly wander if this mechanic is even in the game, or if it just says it is". And whats worse he will repeatedly will shot you as you go in for a kill.

There's also not much too the game it basically only has three game modes. Online Vs, Trial, and the Ultimate battle? And Trail and Ultimate battle are basically the same thing...

There's no story, no Bio on the Mobile Suits, no 3d viewer, no offline vs, limited music, limited Navi's, Not much of anything really...

Needless to say I am very disappointed with this game. I am glad I only payed $29 for it. And at least I can sort of play with my friend. I say sort of because he has the Japanese version . So, there are strange issues. Like he has to invite me, I cannot invite him or it asks him to buy the game. And if we do a ultimate battle run together. When those special missions pop up we have a very high chance of being disconnected. We both load up in different missions. Than after we both disconnect.

I expected more I guess. I just wish they made Gundam games as good as the old Zeonic Front. Loved that game.

Hopefully, Gundam Battle Operations 2 will get a western release and I'll finally have a Gundam game I can sink my teeth into.

Vile
February 8, 2018, 1:44 PM
I hust picked up a PS4 and Versus a few weeks ago. I haven't bought PS+ yet but I plan to when I feel good enough to play online. Trying to SSS rank all the trials and beat hard survival before I do so. Almost have the trials dive. I keep getting SS on 8-10, and i keep losing Wave 50 in hard survival.

The game rules, I love the cancels in mappable controller. My biggest complain is not being able to disable the button combos. I activate Special Shoot while trying to dash cancel normal shoot, or striker when I boostdive and shoot.