PDA

View Full Version : Completed PG strike freedom (First ever kit!)

NaraFoxen
March 24, 2017, 3:27 AM
it took me quite a bit to finish the last things like the guns, and matte coating it! That said I am very proud of my new, and first gunpla! I know there are lots of mistakes, and considering he is PG it's sort of a waste. I've gouged plastic, done very rough panel lines, and there are more than one spot with too much top coat.

I built him though, and sans breaking one of the fingers, I didn't break anything else while building him! He doesn't look as good as many of the professional painters make em` but for a first timer I don't think I butchered it!

Thoughts? Doing the best I can with poses, while following a guide. On a stand it feels a little harder to get poses right.

http://imgur.com/a/oe2V2

Have at me.

csulli13
March 24, 2017, 2:46 PM
You just jumped right into the deep end. If you hadn't said so I would have no idea this was your first kit, looks good. I'm slowly wading into the water myself, I haven't even done a MG yet.

Xeiond
March 24, 2017, 5:18 PM
Now that's freedom! Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXXG-01H
March 24, 2017, 7:55 PM
Looks great. However, if I may suggest, as an owner of this kit, you may want to reinforce that stand. It's completely unfit to really hold all that weight. For mine, I used 6.2 mm H columns from Evergreen on the base itself to at least keep it a bit more stable. It's not a fix-all, but it will definitely help. You'll also want to exercise EXTREME caution with the connecting points on the wings. They're prone to snapping.

Congrats on your first gunpla. Although, now that you've dived right into the deep end, nothing you build from now on will be quite as exciting (or difficult!) :)

Phiir249
March 24, 2017, 11:12 PM
I dived into MG myself and I won't settle for anything less I can tell. I looked at a cpl RG and HG in a store, figured no fricking way I'm doing those.

XXXG-01H
March 25, 2017, 10:31 PM
Well, you definitely get more variety with the HGs than you do MGs or RGs. And they're smaller than MGs so they're nice little space savers. :)