PDA

View Full Version : MG OO Raiser + MG OO Seven Sword?

TheO
February 8, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hello fellow Gunpla fans,
I've recently gotten into the hobby of collecting gunpla and was wondering if anyone has tried this out before.
I purchased the MG OO Seven Sword gundam and I guess my question is: Can you attach OO Raiser parts in addition to the kit, making a massive, bulky looking gundam?
I noticed that there is a slot in the OO Seven Sword's backpack where I guess the Raiser's supposed to attach, so I'm guessing its do-able.

Has anyone attempted this before? If so, feedbacks?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Kenico
February 8, 2012, 11:49 AM
yes you can! the SS and OO Raiser are the same kit but with different loadouts and you can combo parts from the kits for a super kit. me and my bro have never done it before but it can be done. if you are gonna do it DO IT!!!! lol :)

However you cant put the the buster sword II and G Gun on the wings with the riser biders on there. you CAN but them on the arms but not on the GN Drive verniers. and when it comes to the Swords (the ones on the hips) if you want the original or the other two thats up to you. same goes for the GN KAtars.

squeam
February 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
If you do it (either of you), please please please post some pics for us to enjoy.

And GREAT name, BTW :)

Kenico
February 8, 2012, 12:18 PM
i agree to that cool name. TheO...Welcome to the Forums...

TheO
February 13, 2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the warm greetings! The kit should be delivered here on the 15th, but for the meantime, I'll get started on my MG Astray Blue Frame! :D

om3rta
February 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
Helloooo!

Did you also post this on r/gunpla? If so, I would also suggest the Detail Up kit that was posted over there. Doesn't look like it would need that much paint to make it look really good.

TheO
February 14, 2012, 1:15 AM
Helloooo!

Did you also post this on r/gunpla? If so, I would also suggest the Detail Up kit that was posted over there. Doesn't look like it would need that much paint to make it look really good.

Haha, truth be told, someone beat me to that question not too long ago, so I decided to sit back, and just post pictures of the finished product :)

Zeta
February 14, 2012, 2:17 AM
Wait a second... that MS... Scirocco!!

Kenico
February 14, 2012, 3:37 AM
bwahahahahhahahahhah! oh this CANNOT End well...

GNzaku0023
February 14, 2012, 8:44 AM
Welcome to the forums, now Zeta, O, play nice together :D
Hope you enjoy yourself here in our small community, and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to speak up!

Zeta
February 14, 2012, 5:14 PM
I'll try. But that doesn't mean I have to like.

TheO
February 15, 2012, 7:01 PM
Not today Zeta :)
I got the package today!!!
Though I have a lot of stuff to do tonight, might mess with building the OO raiser itself but that will be all for tonight :D

TheO
February 16, 2012, 1:37 AM
WiP.

Zeta
February 16, 2012, 1:45 AM
Cool 00 Raiser. I've been thinking about getting it for some time but have always hesitated because of the extra costs for the other LED lights.

thwalker13
February 16, 2012, 11:44 AM
I must say, seeing those photos almost makes me want to buy both kits just so I can do that. The OO looks so much more intimidating with OO Raiser and all the weapons attached. It'd be nice if you you could just buy the Seven Swords by themselves and not have a 2nd OO Gundam Laying around.

TheO
February 16, 2012, 1:41 PM
Yeah, though setting it up is a pain. I'm actually planning to paint my old OO Gundam a different color scheme, and possibly modify some parts since I messed it up before. I didn't know that you were supposed to leave a little bit of the nub stub on the green leg cover for it to hold properly, whereas I sanded it down clean. The kit's not done yet, guys! some cleanup work to do still :D
Will post pictures of the final product.

thwalker13
February 16, 2012, 3:05 PM
Awesome. Sounds like a cool project. I'm considering getting these 2 kits now. Just so I can make my own OO Raiser SS. I might just have to coin that name.

TheO
February 27, 2012, 12:48 AM

thwalker13
February 27, 2012, 7:14 AM
Looks like something went wrong with the attachments. I can't view them.

TheO
February 27, 2012, 1:17 PM
My apologies, I'll fix them later when I get home :(
they were shots of the gundam, binders mounted on the backpack gimmik with the shields attached, buster sword held vetically like a shield on the rt hand, kataras on knee attachments, GN Swords II long and short on either sides of the waist, and GN sword III rifle mode on left hand. the OO raiser itself didnt have the clear orange/clear opaque part since I'm still contemplating on wether to color it black or not.

EDIT:
The pictures should be visible now.

ultimategattai
July 9, 2012, 10:02 AM
So If I buy these two kits, I should be able to combine them as well to get more or less the same result as TheO?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN956888
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN971075

thwalker13
July 9, 2012, 10:11 AM
That's a rather good question. The problem is that the 0 Raiser is a 1/100 Non-Grade version. The one TheO has is the 1/100 Master Grade 0 Raiser that came with the 00. Since the Seven Sword is a MG kit, and that 0 Raiser is not. I'm really not sure that they would be compatible. Let me watch a quick review video I know and I can get back to you if they have the same types of attachment points.

Edit: Ok, after watching a quick review video that compares both the Non-Grade and the MG 0 Raiser. They have completely different mounting points. So in short. No, that 0 Raiser will not fit the MG Seven Sword/G.