PDA

View Full Version : A gundam fan game.

StrikeChaos
February 21, 2017, 11:30 PM
I was thinking about making a 2d MMO gundam game similar to the 2d pokemon MMOs. It would feature battle modes using the art style of Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tomo to Kimi to Koko de where you battle realtime. Along with that, it would have civilian mode where you travel, chat, and shop. Pretty much engross you the worlds. The game will be made with Godot, though funding for the server will require donations. Will will also release the games source under the MIT license.

I am a game programmer trying to break into the industry. I will need 2d artists, programmers(I can help and coach you if you are new to coding), and maybe sound people? Thinking of just using already existing sounds, but if you have some music you wanna share, why not? So any of you wanna help? PM or comment if you are interested or have any questions.

And since this ain't Nintendo maybe we won't get a cease and desist lol

Riah
February 22, 2017, 1:17 PM
Pixel art is a little bit of a hobby of mine, and I actually do have experience on another fan game, a canceled digimon one where I did icons. Looking at the "overworld" sprites of Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tomo to Kimi to Koko de, they do look like something I could handle and I was just looking over Arcade Game Studio and thinking of making of top down shooter anyway. I'd have to know more details, but 2d artist roll is something I'd possibley be interested.

StrikeChaos
February 22, 2017, 5:28 PM
Sounds great, Riah. I actually would like to hear about that digimon fan project. Huge digimon fan myself.

As for the my project, it will be more than a top down shooter as you can also use beam sabers and, in the astrays and sandrocks cases, giant swords. Needless to say, this will require a LOT of sprites. But there are are many short cuts we can use since gundam does seem to reuse a lot of designs. Some will LARGELY just require just a like the strike noir, strike freedom, and banshee. It will use mobile suits from all the different universes and we can update the roster as we go along. Battles can be 1-on-1 or battles with multiple units per side. After battle you will be given credit used for buying mobile suits and even warships. Also all battles will be realtime.

It will also have a civilian mode using overworld pokemon or legacy of Goku styled character sprites. We will likely go with pokemon as their sprites seem easier and more people have experience using those sprites. In this mode you can move around ships or cities, shop for mobiles suits, and even talk to other players.

The game will be programmed using the Godot engine. It's a light weight and powerful engine, not to mention free. I will also release the game itself, minus assets on source forge or github under the MIT license. Which means anyone can use the engine for both free and commercial uses absolutely free. Someone may want to use it to make a zoid game. Cool. Someone may want to use it for their original commercial game. Great. Wish them the best.

Anymore questions?