PDA

View Full Version : Master Grade 00RAISER

Mark
September 24, 2016, 8:07 AM
OK while the site was ..... away.... I finished the MG 00 Raiser that I have been working on with a friends son (it's his style by his direction with my suggestions that he was open to). We added another custom 3D ABS printed Celestial being stand. The next gundam he does I reckon he will be fully confident to do the Alclad work himself. He asked for my help so I gave it :). He got a set of seven swords/00raiser decals from eBay which we used some of. He wants to re-visit his seven swords with what's left over.

Paints are Alclad and the usual suspect enamel Tamiya paints using red and blue clear to edge highlight and a medium grey for the white edging. Weathering was kept to just the usual black and brown artist chalk crushed and mixed with detergent and brushed into the lines followed by a cleanup with damp tissues prior to final topcoat.

I ordered some extra Gunpla LED's with my soon to arrive MG QAN (T) for him as well.

Enjoy.... I did.

Mark
September 25, 2016, 10:16 AM
Some more pics. I used clone stamp to clean up the shoddy paper edges in the shots. I'll probably re-visit the first post pics and do the same. I really need to set up a white corner box and some lamps but clone stamp is a handy way of editing out crappy background features using the heal function.

Mark
September 28, 2016, 1:05 AM
weapons and more raiser pics.

raiser3edit shows how you can use clone stamp (or any package that has a clone and heal function to remove unwanted features.

B6Drew
September 29, 2016, 4:12 AM
damn that looks really good!

Mark
October 3, 2016, 3:07 AM
Thanks. It's been an enjoyable build. The young lad is now inspired to try some of the techniques I used to re-do his other seven swords. He does a good job anyway but simply wasn't confident with the alclad and using clear colours to blend edges. In all fairness if it wasn't for him asking for some help I wouldn't be building gunpla and now I'm hooked... LOL

- - - Updated - - -

OK.

Seven Swords G weapons re-visited using the same paint mixes and left over decals. If there is one thing I have learnt, if you want to glue parts together to help them stay together but still allow them to be pulled apart later, Tamiya extra thin in small amounts on a few contact points will allow this. :D

Right, I can probably get started on my red frame astray now.

Mark
October 14, 2016, 4:30 AM
A bit more work done on bringing the 00 Seven Sword G up to the same sort of level as the Raiser. I haven't quite got enough waterslides to do all the markings the same but it's not far off. I'm also doing the flat finish a bit flatter on this version of 00 including a flat coat on the frame bare metal colours.

Mark
October 17, 2016, 9:54 AM
Not bad for a couple of hours work on the 00 G. I even had time to start Alclad work on the Red Frame Astray swords. Still a lot of parts left to clean up and paint and many waterslides to be applied, but it should look good alongside the Raiser. This seven swords was glued together which is making it even harder to clean up some of the parts. Fortunately the frame is all ABS so the extra thin cement didn't melt the parts together

- - - Updated - - -

Even with it still raining and windy, I managed to get out to the shed to finish a few more pieces on the 00G and even tidied up some of the Amazing Red Warriors parts. Also put the final touches on the Gerbea Straight and Tiger Pierce swords for the Red Frame Astray.

Mark
October 19, 2016, 7:23 AM
And each night after work, just a bit more done. Leaving the blue bits till last as they are probably the hardest to paint with the blue clear edging. Really easy to over do it and end up with edge runs. Meantime the ARW is also getting, a bit at a time , some added detail.

Also printed off some more parts for yet another Celestial Being Stand.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost there now. Just have the remaining blue shoulder and chest armour to strip back paint up and decal.

I'm angry with myself as I wanted to do some more of the red frame Astray but can not find where I put the kit stickers!!!!! I had them out a couple of weeks ago to scan so I can make up some additional waterslides and Can't for the life of me find where I put them. I have the aftermarket set but it's missing a few. This is what happens when you work three things at the same time... LOL

Mark
October 24, 2016, 5:54 AM
Finally both the 00 Raiser and the 00 Seven Swords are finished and can be handed onto their owner. I can get back to finishing the Amazing Red Warrior and the Astray Red Frame.