PDA

View Full Version : Truj: Irregular Journal. Occasional Gundam. [Gusion HG]

Truj
August 31, 2016, 2:27 PM
Hello Ladies and Gents.

I finally decided to dip my toe in Gundam story.
From time to time I plan to post and share my "lessons learned here and due to my real life - it may not be very often.

We all really like words of praise, but I hope for a healthy dose of constructive criticism. I will appreciate it very much.

...so I decided to present you my first ever: HG Gusion.

All the best,
T.

mythos-018
August 31, 2016, 4:07 PM
I like the weathering on your Gusion, and the base. The base you used is awesome!

Jay
September 1, 2016, 1:45 AM
Damn that is awesome, i love the base! Did you scratch build it? Cant really find anything to criticise, if i had to, i'd say the weathering on the weapons looks a bit plain compared to the kit, but this is a damn sweet build overall. Good work man!

Truj
September 1, 2016, 1:31 PM
Thanks.

Base is build by me (piece of plasticard + pva glued jenga blocks). Weapons... You are right Jay, but I am not sure if this will be the final setup - I recently learned about upgrade kits ;). If this is to be final - I plan to use a bit of weathering powders on them, nothing much, just to add small accent. Less is more. Sometimes.

All the best,
T.

darksheep
September 5, 2016, 1:34 PM
I really like this , the weathering the pose the base the colour is all really cool .

Some Ideas you might like to up it to another level .

Adding some LEDs in side the chest those 4 domes on the chest just beg for it :) , if he is not glued down you could hind the batteries in the base.

The base is cool and really well done !!!! the only thing I think could be a slight improvement is the impact crates under his feet have lines that make them in to perfect circles , if you some how got ride of that line it would look more natural.

Also for the gun if you gonna have it side ways like that figuring out how to paint it with more than once color might help it jump to the next level . In this pose my eye is drawn to the gun as its so far out from the body and side on so that is why a bit more detail on there might make sens , when normally one color is fine.

As I said just some ideas , I love when people give me Ideas and comments so hope this helps or sparks new ideas for your next build.

Truj
September 6, 2016, 3:05 PM
darksheep,

Thank you for your comments.

I did not try led lights yet... that is an idea ;).

Craters - I did them with conviction that Gusion being 40 tonnes+ and 18 meters tall, landing would land on concrete surface, with all that energy being very concentrated force with minimal or no bounce... co impact area would be very well described. Plus a bit of cartoony effect :)

Painting - For, probably next two... I will experiment and learn techniques.

Thank you for your input.

All the best,
T.