PDA

View Full Version : A post of many firsts

Solarninja
August 12, 2016, 6:36 PM
Hello all, this is my first post to the community, displaying my first gunpla model attempt. Havent done any model building in at least 8 years, and never attempted a gundam, these little guys are pretty intricate, it was fun, all in all the build went pretty smooth, a few litt nubs and pot marks, but all in all im happy with it so far. I chose and Efreet Custom for my first build, on unboxing i hated the orange! Awful. So i re did it with a custom purple inkwash, using a white primer base with rattle canblack sploched for texture, under the purple wash makes kinda tortoise shell cammo effect, looks kinda neat. Ran some purple line work, all in all looks pretty decent but i want to see what the community thought and take suggestions before i thow clear coat on it, let me know what ya think

Solarninja
August 12, 2016, 6:39 PM
One more....wouldent fit

Iris_Aznable
August 12, 2016, 6:54 PM
I kinda like the purple tortoise shell effect, but the lining is kind of jarring. I probably would have used black or grey but im boring.

Solarninja
August 12, 2016, 6:57 PM
Thx, i was concidering a black wash over the whole thing

Zaku
August 12, 2016, 7:33 PM
im also diggin the tortoise shell effect. looks cool. and i agree the lining would look better if it were a dark grey on the lighter parts and a black on the darker parts.

Solarninja
August 14, 2016, 4:17 PM
Nothing alittle alcohol cant fix, lol thx for the opinions all

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. I washed the linework with alcohol to thin them all up, then sanded down all the blue and whipped up some black acrillic into an ink and washed the whole thing. Added afew bullet holes that i still need to weather paint supply is low lol like i said ive not done anyhobby work in years my tool list is long lol

Any way let me know what yall think. Improvement yes?

LordThurisaz
August 15, 2016, 1:23 AM
Wow this is a cool build! Kind of jelly to be honest...

Solarninja
August 15, 2016, 11:50 PM
Wow this is a cool build! Kind of jelly to be honest...

Thx man, i appreciate that.
Ive got to get some flat aluminum paint tho, this 2 color pallet thing aint workin out for me and the paint pen only gets you so far lol the tools needed list just grows and grows with this hobby huh? I bought this model to really get a feel for bandis plastics and how the tools and paints react to it, he will continue to be an ongoing experiment for different techniques i want to try.
Next up on my list is a MG ver ka deathscythe thats been infested by zerg. might make a green stuff tutorial out of it if it comes out decent lol i havent messed with the stuff in a good while but i feel like im getting my hobbiest groove back relatively quickly

- - - Updated - - -

Tried out a diorama with some stuffs i had layin around the garage, came out nice. My buddy brought some of his models for a shoot