PDA

View Full Version : Anyone maybe interested in a Star Trek RP?

Zeon's RedComet
August 10, 2016, 1:18 PM
I'm kind of just gaging reactions as this would still be a bit out from now, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the general idea of a ST RP? I have some ideas (some Prime Universe, some Mirror universe, mostly TMP and Post Nemesis Era stuff but I'm open to other Eras as well also kind of leaning towards Mirror universe depending on as there are wide swaths of time that we don't know too much about aside from the fact the Cardassians and the Klingons in that time crubstomped the Empire, then there's the rather clean time from ENT Mirror to Spocks Takeover at the TOS era mirror).

I mean it'd be a while out and I'd have to freshen up on stuff from whatever time frame and such, but yeah any interested parties? Also any ideas for what you'd like to see.

Twitch
August 10, 2016, 1:45 PM
I find your proposition most illogical, Mr. ZRC.

Zeon's RedComet
August 10, 2016, 1:46 PM
I find your proposition most illogical, Mr. ZRC.

You just makeing a Vulcan joke, or really think it won't work?

Legit question as this is part of the reason I'm running it by people.

Exia
August 10, 2016, 1:48 PM
It all depends on what's decided. I never liked the Mirror world episodes and I'm an admitted Enterprise fan above all else so my comfort zone is really limited to that era and maybe a little after it. I could work within the TNG era I guess, but while I'm familiar with it and I like it I just prefer the ENT era of the way things had to be done. And frankly, I've really only watched the OG crew in the movies (favorite is The Voyage Home) so I don't really have much clue as to what went down during Kirk's time. I've watched the reboots but ehh, they aren't high up on my list.

Twitch
August 10, 2016, 1:53 PM
You just makeing a Vulcan joke, or really think it won't work?

Legit question as this is part of the reason I'm running it by people.

I was making a joke. I have watched the original series and its movies, and some of The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. So I do not know much about the Star Trek universe to really be of a contributor other than to be a nameless redshirt on an away party.

Zeon's RedComet
August 10, 2016, 1:59 PM
It all depends on what's decided. I never liked the Mirror world episodes and I'm an admitted Enterprise fan above all else so my comfort zone is really limited to that era and maybe a little after it. I could work within the TNG era I guess, but while I'm familiar with it and I like it I just prefer the ENT era of the way things had to be done. And frankly, I've really only watched the OG crew in the movies (favorite is The Voyage Home) so I don't really have much clue as to what went down during Kirk's time. I've watched the reboots but ehh, they aren't high up on my list.

Well if in terms of the OG crew stuff we'd probably be in the same era the movies take place (post Khan for sure), Mirror universe thing isn't set in stone, I mostly just A. Like the ship aesthetics set by ENT and STO on it (Yellow and Grey work together well IMO) and B. A bit more lee way. As for ENT Era, I'd be open to it personally. Really I'm open to most timeframes, aside from, JJ Universe (haven't seen them, don't plan too, and as much as I like the ship designs they aren't enough to make me do it when I like most prime universe/mirror prime stuff better) and TOS. IT's not that I dislike TOS, it's just that if I'm gonna be in that century I'd prefer TMP picture era. Granted ENT is a bit out of my comfort zone, it also leaves allot open as well as a frontier aspect.

I was making a joke. I have watched the original series and its movies, and some of The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. So I do not know much about the Star Trek universe to really be of a contributor other than to be a nameless redshirt on an away party.

Redshirts are fine if you want lol.