PDA

View Full Version : Sinanju Stein Ver Ka Custom paint and diorama

Ladon02
April 12, 2016, 12:52 PM
My first Gundam in 13 years. Decided to go with a digital pattern very time consuming but I like the outcome. First time making a diorama still needs more I think, maybe learn how to do explosions with cotton and LEDs. Working on a Sazabi att will post when done.:D

gundammonkey
April 12, 2016, 1:29 PM
O_O!!!! This might be your first Gundam but definitely not your first model. Holy crap that thing is cool.

Darzer
April 12, 2016, 8:41 PM
VERY nice paint scheme. Was it hand paint or mapped using tape?

Kirky82
April 12, 2016, 10:13 PM
Interesting Sinanju! I like

Squee
April 12, 2016, 10:48 PM
Very cool. I like the base you made. A bit funny to see full frontal at the bottom there, who is piloting then? lol

DesertTiger
April 12, 2016, 11:22 PM
I like it. Only thing I'd do differently was the rifle, that blue isn't appealing to my eye and doesn't fit the color scheme of the kit in my opinion. BUT it is a weapon and those generally don't match kits in color and such. It (the rifle) almost has a Fallout vibe to it.

Zaku
April 12, 2016, 11:54 PM
very well done. looks awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool. I like the base you made. A bit funny to see full frontal at the bottom there, who is piloting then? lol

Full Frontal is looking at it saying "NICE ILL TAKE IT HOW MUCH? OH FREE YOU SAY? dont mind if i do MUAHAHAHAHA!!!" *proceeds to kill test pilot*

Darzer
April 13, 2016, 12:10 AM
very well done. looks awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Full Frontal is looking at it saying "NICE ILL TAKE IT HOW MUCH? OH FREE YOU SAY? dont mind if i do MUAHAHAHAHA!!!" *proceeds to kill test pilot*

Welllll...that's normal.

BigDaddyCruiser
April 13, 2016, 7:10 AM
O_O!!!! This might be your first Gundam but definitely not your first model. Holy crap that thing is cool.

He said it was his first in 13 years

So neither his first gundam or first model :P

thwalker13
April 13, 2016, 7:52 AM
Amazing work good sir. I love the diorama.

Ladon02
April 14, 2016, 7:55 PM
Thanks for the comments.
To answer some questions.
I used rattle cans for the paint. 3 different shades of grey for the cammo and the blueish grey gun and shield color is Tamiya Dark Ghost Grey ( I use this for Navy ACFT color).
I hand cut the masking for all the cammo (takes forever and I thought I was going blind).
For the frame and fuel tanks I used Testors Metalizer Lacquer Paint Titanium color and buffed it. Love that paint.
Clear Gloss then decals Clear Gloss then weather washes then Flat Clear.
Didn't do Battle Damage but will on future kits.
I just got an airbrush setup now so my Sazabi will be done with an airbrush and I'm going with a grey color pallet 3-4 shades on that (when household 6 lets me).
I like to keep them tactical and not bright and shiny "please kill me first" colors.
On the diorama that was a learning experience in that I had never done one so with practice I can improve on it. Full Frontal was there for scale reference when I was doing the trees.

- - - Updated - - -

http://flic.kr/p/GeAfRy

Ladon02
April 15, 2016, 3:01 PM
http://youtube.com/v/86hdIWuJWkw

Ladon02
April 19, 2016, 4:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86hdIWuJWkw

Crappy vid :roll:

Phiir249
April 16, 2017, 11:26 PM
really impressed by that turn out. what other sort of models are you into?