PDA

View Full Version : Powerball Lottery

i-Reef
January 9, 2016, 10:41 AM
Was interested to know if anyone is playing?? I know it probably isn't best to get your hopes up one winning the lottery but there seems to be some thrill when the jackpot is getting close to a billion dollars.

Plamobot
January 9, 2016, 12:32 PM
I am. Gotta buy my weekend ticket. ;)

Squee
January 9, 2016, 1:40 PM
I should go buy a ticket. If i win, pg's for all lol

Banshee
January 9, 2016, 3:21 PM
Bought tickets this morning. Cannot escape the feeling I wasted $20.

RileyWarfield
January 9, 2016, 3:43 PM
Buying five tickets today. Not sure what I would do with a billion dollars, most likely buy a decent car and a nice home. But hey, it's a once in a lifetime type of thing. So may as well say you played. XD

Zeta
January 9, 2016, 3:46 PM
I might buy a few. The odds are stacked against my, but hey, it's only a few dollars.

RileyWarfield
January 9, 2016, 3:49 PM
I might buy a few. The odds are stacked against my, but hey, it's only a few dollars.
Thats my reasoning behind buying some tickets. I win, I'm rich. I lose, I'm out ten bucks. Lol

i-Reef
January 9, 2016, 4:07 PM
Bought tickets this morning. Cannot escape the feeling I wasted $20.
Well it's like Riley said its a once in a lifetime thing, never know might get lucky and hit something big! Just got back from getting mine, I saw the line going on at the state line for Vegas holy crap its long as hell, Yesterday there was like a 6 hour wait just to get tickets.

RileyWarfield
January 9, 2016, 4:40 PM
Just got my ticket. Time to gain some favor with Nocturnal from Elder Scrolls!

Zaku
January 9, 2016, 8:05 PM
Thats my reasoning behind buying some tickets. I win, I'm rich. I lose, I'm out ten bucks. Lol

exactly this.

Rxslinger
January 9, 2016, 8:39 PM
I won 4 dollars off of wensdays powerball. So I bought a couple today. My dad ask what would I do with a billion dollars. I looked him in the eye and said. I would buy a small island or town and the #%&@ out off here.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
January 9, 2016, 9:33 PM
picked up 2 yesterday. My list of what to do with it is long, and in no particular order, but it'd be a hell of a way to start the year. lol

RileyWarfield
January 10, 2016, 12:40 AM
Well, I am officially........................................ ........... NOT! I repeat, NOT a billionaire. lol

Zeta
January 10, 2016, 12:44 AM
What were the numbers?

RileyWarfield
January 10, 2016, 12:45 AM
16 – 19 – 32 – 34 – 57 – 13

Zeta
January 10, 2016, 12:51 AM
Thanks. Just checked mine, and they were not even close.

i-Reef
January 10, 2016, 2:58 AM
I was thinking about each of then numbers except 57. I just picked too many lower numbers on my tickets.(might have been because I went by gundam model numbers :|)

Zeon's RedComet
January 10, 2016, 4:04 AM
Apparently no one won yet according to the early results, like no tickets with the numbers.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Hqyny0xRr-c/U_IWFhcCZvI/AAAAAAAAA2A/KEmOft-A8_4/s1600/image.png

Zeta
January 10, 2016, 4:45 AM
^You've got to f#%king kidding me.

Zeon's RedComet
January 10, 2016, 4:47 AM
^You've got to f#%king kidding me.

No I'm not.

It's not concrete yet, but they think no one's won yet.

Which means it's going to get bigger. It's good because while the odds are low, I did mean to buy a ticket but I was swamped today and thought it was Friday.

Zeta
January 10, 2016, 5:04 AM
It's official, someone's going to a billionaire.

Zeon's RedComet
January 10, 2016, 5:06 AM
Wow so it's gonna really go over the billion mark?

That's good becasue 900 Million just isn't enough for me. :P

Seriously if I ever win big money from a jackpot it's going to be tempting after I get my self settled not to just start buying cars.

Zeta
January 10, 2016, 5:07 AM
It very well might.

i-Reef
January 10, 2016, 7:50 AM
I think estimated was 1.3billion with a cash pay out of 800mil or so

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
January 10, 2016, 7:59 AM
Bad News - Didn't Win, Good News - No One Else Did! So we all going to have another go at it Weds! Come on BIG MONEY! lol.

Rxslinger
January 10, 2016, 11:05 AM
No I'm not.

It's not concrete yet, but they think no one's won yet.

Which means it's going to get bigger. It's good because while the odds are low, I did mean to buy a ticket but I was swamped today and thought it was Friday.

The reason why this is the highest powerball jackpot is they changed how the game is played. The add more white bslls and removed some of the red balls (poweballs number). This change the odds of winning make it more difficult to win. I think the odds went from 1 in 100,000,000 to in 200,000,000.

thwalker13
January 10, 2016, 12:26 PM
I'm thinking I'm going to pick me up a couple tickets myself. I've never played before. But hell, winning that would solve almost all my current problems.

Zaku
January 10, 2016, 12:48 PM
I just picked up 2 tickets. Here goes nothing.

Chaser90EK
January 11, 2016, 12:51 PM
I'm in a couple pools and have my own...Last drawing not one of the drawn number was in my 10 tickets... I think I should get something for that because it's hard to do. Also, I believe it's actually a government conspiracy. No one is going to win. We're just paying millions of dollars they are going to use to start paying off the national debt :)

Zeta
January 13, 2016, 9:02 PM
The jackpot is now at $1.5 billion. Tonight is the drawing for the numbers, so get your tickets soon.

Zaku
January 13, 2016, 9:22 PM
If I win im buying a perfect grade me for everyone. Ill buy all of those crazy expensive five star story resin kits for Squee and every Dom variant kit in every scale even the ones that are resin only for brother Dom. And ill have to get him an expensive airbrush and some other stuff. And a few of you might also get some other suprises from me aside from the PG me if I win. Fingers crossed. ....

- - - Updated - - -

Zeta if I win im buying you every Zeta gundam and Zeta based MS kit ever lol.

Zeta
January 13, 2016, 9:29 PM
Better yet, do what Mark Cuban advises to do with it: put it all in a bank. Banks are the safest places to keep money.

Zaku
January 13, 2016, 9:43 PM
I think banks are only insured up to 100k. That would be a lot of banks. If I win im puting 100k in a bank then buying a lot of gold then im not sure from there. Im not sure how much gold id buy. But id get me every dream kit ive ever wanted and a good airbrush and compressor id also build a kick ass gas forge and buy a massive power hammer and a CNC mill and lathe. All I know is that shit would be sweet and you guys would be getting gunpla related presents like its cool lol.

Zeta
January 13, 2016, 9:46 PM
Then divide it up into multiple banks and offshore bank accounts. I would say put the money in a Swiss bank account. They respect a person's financial privacy.

Zaku
January 13, 2016, 10:06 PM
Swiss bank thats a good idea.

Rxslinger
January 14, 2016, 12:33 AM
I think banks are only insured up to 100k. That would be a lot of banks. If I win im puting 100k in a bank then buying a lot of gold then im not sure from there. Im not sure how much gold id buy. But id get me every dream kit ive ever wanted and a good airbrush and compressor id also build a kick ass gas forge and buy a massive power hammer and a CNC mill and lathe. All I know is that shit would be sweet and you guys would be getting gunpla related presents like its cool lol.

If you go the gold route. Buy a few hundred acres inthe mountains get some sea containers and bury them with the gold inside of them.

- - - Updated - - -

The smartest thing to do is not tell anyone you won the money. There will be people coming out of the woodworks trying to get their hands on a piece. That's what happens to most winners or they go crazy spending the money and end up penniless.

Zeon's RedComet
January 14, 2016, 12:51 AM
Apparently the winning ticket is somewhere in chino hills California.

Well no Alfa Romero Giulia for me this year.

Ginga Bishōnen
January 14, 2016, 1:11 AM
Apparently the winning ticket is somewhere in chino hills California.

Well no Alfa Romero Giulia for me this year.

Well, time for me to make the hour-long drive to Chino Hills and find this guy for a......"friendly chat."

JK JK. Well I am glad a fellow SoCal resident won it, bring all that cash into our local economy.

Zaku
January 14, 2016, 1:12 AM
welp no gunpla for us. lol

Zeta
January 14, 2016, 1:40 AM
Well, my ticket didn't win. I got one number matched, and only one number.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny enough, I was watching Sports Center on ESPN earlier today and they said that there are a few NFL teams you could own for $1.5 billion. Although if I had won, I would use the money so that Zaku and I can get our pilots' license.

Zeon's RedComet
January 14, 2016, 1:51 AM
Pilots liscense would be cooler than an NFL team anyways imo.

Me I'd have got my mom into a nice house, new car, the works, got me a sizable garage, get my brother a college fund and such, pay my step brother tuition fees from his university he was going to as well as cover his culinary school, invest a bit stash some away and then get some of my dream items and set ups going as well as pay for my own schooling, I mean I don't need to work...but f*** it why not if anything learn something then it gets me closer of my end dream goal of owning a business down the line.

Oh well guess I'll just try the old fashioned way lol :p fun to dream though.

Zaku
January 14, 2016, 2:08 AM
Well, my ticket didn't win. I got one number matched, and only one number.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny enough, I was watching Sports Center on ESPN earlier today and they said that there are a few NFL teams you could own for $1.5 billion. Although if I had won, I would use the money so that Zaku and I can get our pilots' license.

Fuck yea! we would own the skies. DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!

Zeon's RedComet
January 14, 2016, 5:32 AM
Apparently there are three winning tickets, the other two are in Tennessee and Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA those three people have to split their billion dollars three ways. (This is a joke obviously...I'd be fine splitting it...well into any sort of fraction)

Plamobot
January 14, 2016, 11:30 AM
I won four dollars.