PDA

View Full Version : MS-14B High Mobility Gelgoog

goondam
November 21, 2015, 10:26 PM
Demon's late war MS-14B High Mobility Gelgoog

http://imgur.com/a/6TSQ0

Second mobile suit in a series I hope to build following the career of a Zeon pilot character I created named "Demon". The first one was a Rick Dias while he was an AEUG pilot fighting the Titans. My inspiration was a grinning devil on a Luftwaffe insignia decal sheet. I was originally going to build Char's red Rick Dias. But when I came across the grinning devil, that's when I decided to build a bunch of mobile suits based around the guy. Eventually I'd like to build some more from the OYW, Stardust Memory, Char's Counterattack and maybe Gundam Unicorn if he survives that long.

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 5:31 AM
damn that looks good. very nice work. you need to get a MG 2.0 Gelgoog.

DarKev3
November 22, 2015, 7:06 AM
The one thing I don't like about the 2.0 Gelgoog-A is the lack of thrusters on the rear skirt like the ones of the old MG Gelgoog - A. Mine you these were not included on the old Gato version either to my great surprise.

goondam
November 22, 2015, 11:42 AM
Thanks. The 1.0 is not a particular good kit. Its really awkward and clunky. The proportions are not quite right. But is does have the skirt with butt rockets. I have a 2.0 and it is a much better kit.

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 11:56 AM
i honestly didnt know the 1.0 had the skirt armor thrusters. i may need to buy one just so i can jack parts from it. im sure i can find a way to make that back skirt fit into a 2.0

goondam
November 22, 2015, 12:50 PM
It might be possible. It would require a little work. I took some photos with my 2.0 with the rear skirt from a 1.0 Gelgoog cannon skirt tape on. Looks like the 2.0 has wider hips, but the top edge is very close. https://imgur.com/a/fVcMn

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 1:57 PM
hey thats very helpful of you thanks. looks like i could make it attach to the 2.0's skirt frame and use pla plate and putty for the gap on the sides. that should work. thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

hey will that backpack fit the 2.0?

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 22, 2015, 2:26 PM
hey thats very helpful of you thanks. looks like i could make it attach to the 2.0's skirt frame and use pla plate and putty for the gap on the sides. that should work. thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

hey will that backpack fit the 2.0?
Maybe. I checked the manuals and runners of both kits and looks like they got similar connection (one big peg into a polycap in the torso)

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 2:48 PM
yea i did likewise and it looks like about the same size peg to. but if it does not fit flush enough to look good it will take some putty.

goondam
November 22, 2015, 2:51 PM
It does fit. I just tried it. There's a panel on the 2.0's back that comes off that allow for the backpack. The backpacks's peg might need to be trimmed a bit.

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 2:53 PM
also if it sits to low on the 2.0 it will block the weapon rack. and to high and it will look bad.

- - - Updated - - -

It does fit. I just tried it. There's a panel on the 2.0's back that comes off that allow for the backpack. The backpacks's peg might need to be trimmed a bit.

awesome thats really good news. well i know i want one of these to scrap for my souped up 2.0 im working on. thanks again man.

goondam
November 22, 2015, 2:53 PM
I think they were trying to anime correct with Gato's Gelgoog.

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 2:54 PM
i may need to buy a 1.0 cannon as well lol.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 22, 2015, 2:58 PM
i may need to buy a 1.0 cannon as well lol.
The Hi-Mo and Cannon are the same kit. You get part for both.

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 3:06 PM
the cannon does not come with the thruster laden back skirt. i really like the thrusters on the back skirt. enough to spend the extra on both kits and another 2.0 to make the cannon. there are so many other gunpla kits i will never buy that i can justify throwing more money at the ones i do.

goondam
November 22, 2015, 3:14 PM
The 2.0 is great kit, but I never realized that it didn't come with any extras to make it into any other variants. A little disappointing. Have considered looking the Gelgoog Cannon? It has the cannon backpack, an arm shield thing and a multi barrel blaster similar the to Gouf Custom. No butt rocket skirt though.

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 3:15 PM
yea in my last post i said i was going to get one and another 2.0. they did make a 2.0 cannon but it was P-bandai and i hate bandai for it.

goondam
November 22, 2015, 3:31 PM
Well that certainly makes sense why the 2.0 had no extras. Reminds of the GM Cannon that was released earlier by P-Bandai. I think Bandai should doing weapons and equipment expansion packs. I think there is market for them out there.

DarKev3
November 22, 2015, 4:16 PM
Hey Zaku

Did you sent in an order for that kit I PMed you about???

the cannon does not come with the thruster laden back skirt. i really like the thrusters on the back skirt. enough to spend the extra on both kits and another 2.0 to make the cannon. there are so many other gunpla kits i will never buy that i can justify throwing more money at the ones i do.

Zaku
November 22, 2015, 8:13 PM
They do for 1/144 goondam. I wish they did for 1/100.

And no darkev I havent had the money. Been having truck problems. And I hit a deer the other day so now I have a grill light and turn signal to fix.

thwalker13
November 22, 2015, 9:32 PM
That is a really nice Gelgoog good sir! Looks absolutely amazing. I love the addition of the backpack. And you had the right idea to add the thrusters to the back skirt.

goondam
November 23, 2015, 5:54 PM
Thanks for the comments. You're giving me too much credit for the thrusters to the back skirt. The Gelgoog kit comes the backpack and an extra back skirt with the thrusters. Even though this 1.0 Gelgoog is not a particularly good kit, the extra stuff really makes the model.

DarKev3
November 23, 2015, 9:40 PM
Anyone know whether the MG 1.0 Gato Gelgoog - A comes with the extra back skirt??? If it does I want to track one down. Not exactly canon to the 0083 anime but it does add to the "cool" factor !!

Zaku
November 23, 2015, 10:51 PM
it comes with the backpack but not the cool backskirt.

- - - Updated - - -

the rifle it comes with looks like a M-16A4 though and i like it.

ToniManTJ
November 25, 2015, 2:15 AM
did you do the weathering looks very nice.

goondam
November 25, 2015, 12:25 PM
Thank you. I used Tamiya Weathering sets B and D to weather the model. This time I used a silver pencil for scratches and battle damage. It looked good, but it took much longer to finish the model.