PDA

View Full Version : Red's Build-o-Rama

Red
October 4, 2015, 4:46 AM
Greetings Gundam Forums community!

I haven't been active on this site in literally years because of, you know, life and stuff haha. I am really delighted to see how large the community has grown. But despite my inactivity, my passion for gunpla has not declined. I figured I would share some of my more recent builds I've been working on. Note that that not all of these builds are 100% complete. Just wanted to share with you all some kits I've really enjoyed building. Hope you all enjoy.

Red
November 3, 2015, 4:58 PM
Bumping with another update. Here are some pics of my recently finished MG Double X. Incredibly solid kit and would definitely recommend it for any builder if you want a fun display model.

A_Lurker
November 3, 2015, 6:17 PM
Really like your double x, nice work!

Red
November 4, 2015, 1:09 AM
Thanks, I really enjoyed the way it turned out too. The Double X is one of my favorite Gundam designs so I made sure to do the best I could on it.

It could really use a topcoat though.

Banshee
November 5, 2015, 12:33 PM
Nice Sazabi. Loving that Nightingale. How was that to put together?

Red
December 3, 2015, 7:51 PM
Nice Sazabi. Loving that Nightingale. How was that to put together?

Sorry for the late reply. A wild LIFE appeared haha. Anyway, thanks for the comment. Despite its size the Nightingale wasn't that difficult to assemble. While it lacks a complete inner frame the sheer amount of parts it has, due to its size, makes up for it. I think the most tedious part was assembling the large amount of verniers. But after it's all complete the sheer size of the entire kit makes the time spent well worth it. Obviously it's not a kit to do a lot of dynamic poses, but it looks just as great standing there as a display piece.

Plus the small little details in the pieces make for a great opportunity to paint them up to give it more of a Real Grade look. My only concern with the kit is that some of the connecting joint parts can be a little brittle/stiff, which can lead to potential breakage of said joints. But that can be simple to remedy with the right amount of plastic cement.

If you're a fan of the suit I would definitely recommend it. The LED feature/gimmick is a great addition too. Essentially this kit is meant to stand around and look like a boss, so take advantage of that aspect haha.

EDIT: Oh, and many of the pieces are undergated, which is a godsend for a kit of that size.

Banshee
December 3, 2015, 9:43 PM
Sweet.. I'm trying to collect the Char suits that I like.. the Nightingale just looks epic.. especially with a nice metallic red.. would be cool.

Iris_Aznable
December 4, 2015, 2:48 PM
I saw a sweet mod of the nightingale using Sinanju parts. Ill have to find it again. Are you gonna add decals to Sazabi? :3

Red
December 4, 2015, 7:56 PM
It's definitely been on my mind to decal up both the Sazabi and Nu. I'm just a a lazy bum sometimes haha. There's actually a lot of kits that I still need to apply official markings to. MY SECRET SHAME HAS BEEN EXPOSED. I'm getting a little better with breaking that habit though.

jackofspades
December 4, 2015, 9:13 PM
@Iris - you mean this one?

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u598/theAutobot75/A1C2C86D-E129-4CD0-AF97-3DB6F6CDA9ED_zps5tz7wmpm.jpg

Banshee
December 4, 2015, 10:01 PM
That's gorgeous...