PDA

View Full Version : Get it off your chest

Pages : [1] 2

Nbh
September 22, 2015, 11:18 AM
Unpopular opinion? Voice it here!

Unicorn gundam/ banshee look like garbage.

Gundam seed and seed destiny are stupid and so are the majority of the mobile suits.

Hyakushiki is ugly.

SD/BB are SHAMEFUL.

Whew that felt good.

Android raptor
September 23, 2015, 4:25 AM
Quests Paraya doesn't deserve the level of hate she gets.

Char Aznable was a terrible human being and has been that way since day one.

All the Zabis other than Giren deserve nice things, especially Degwin.

Ghinius Sakhalin is far more complex a character than people give him credit for, and isn't pure evil.

Norris Packard as a character is boring as fuck.

Shiro Amada is a creep and probably smells like feet.

Anavel Gato is ridiculous, thus making him very entertaining (though he's also a pretty crappy person).

Victory's mecha designs are love and life.

Kamile is a magical creature.

Zeon's RedComet
September 23, 2015, 3:48 PM
Some of these will probably make some people mad but oh the hell well. They're my opinion anyways so IDGAF.

Greco was the best Gundam show since 2000.

Garma is the best Zabi. (Best looking too)

00 Season 2 isn't as bad as people seem to hate on it for. (S1 is still better IMO)

00 Movie isn't horrible either just subpar.

Nanai was better than Lalah

Crossbone Vanguard Designs are some of the best things in the Franchise (talking about the ones in F91 and the F91 era mangas not the Pirates)

Impulse is better than Strike

Unless it's a Strike with the IWSP pack

Gundam X is the best 90's Gundam (Nostalgia for G aside)

Only good AC is G Unit

Graham Aker was still the best Character even when he went 'MUH SAMURAI WAYS' in S2 Sergei Smirnov was a close second

Amuro should have gotten the G3 upgrade even in the show

Origin didn't need to be animated (went there, as nice as it is, we don't need more OYW and this is coming from me)

Dozle Did nothing wrong

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 23, 2015, 3:53 PM
I like a lot of Katokis designs (including Wing)

I like God over Shining.

Seed Destiny was a mistake.

Zeta is better than 0079.

Zeon's RedComet
September 23, 2015, 3:54 PM
Zeta is better than 0079.

I was going to put that there, but didn't think it was controversial enough TBH.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 23, 2015, 4:15 PM
I was going to put that there, but didn't think it was controversial enough TBH.
Eh, its my honest believe. Dont care if its controversial or not.

Zeon's RedComet
September 23, 2015, 4:21 PM
Eh, its my honest believe. Dont care if its controversial or not.

Hell it's one I share.

Squee
September 23, 2015, 4:40 PM
Zeta Gundam (the show) is overhyped. The actual Zeta gundam is an ugly POS.

00 Gundam is lame.

G Gundam isn't a real gundam show.

Seed/destiny isn't that bad. People seem to forget that any main character has plot armor. Still don't like the SF, but that's because i prefer the regular Freedom. I am in no way saying its a great show, its just not as bad as many say.

Gunpla IS NOT freedom. This saying is one of the worst things to happen to this hobby imo. Its a catch all that people say when they want to be lazy builders.

The best thing to come out of the Build shows was the bearguy. Generally the main suits look like crap.
Beginning G, Burning, Build strike, etc. BLEH

Here's where i really sound like a snobby modeler:

If you built a gundam kit when you were younger, it doesn't really count. If its been 10 years since you ripped the parts off with your hands or, with a set of nail clippers, you're not getting into the hobby again... you're getting into the hobby now.

If you haven't done the modeling technique yourself. Seriously, don't give out advice. My feelings are, if you can't show me a piece of your work where you've done this, you're just going on hearsay.

I absolutely HATE when someone asks for help, and then doesn't give any sort of thank you. I can't tell you how many times ive gotten pm's asking me questions, and never a thank you, or even a thanks when they post their work. I always make an effort to reference any person that helps me. Generally, if someone asks me a question now, and i don't bother responding, this is why. lol

Why do a really nice glossy or metallic paintjob, and then leave a seam line. Nothing is more distracting than bad prep work.

I have more but these are the ones that come to mind right now lol

Nbh
September 23, 2015, 5:13 PM
I think gold painted on literally any mobile suit looks terrible. Actually ANY metallic color scheme looks bad on MS model kits...

Zeon's RedComet
September 23, 2015, 5:18 PM

00 Gundam is lame.

Seed/destiny isn't that bad. People seem to forget that any main character has plot armor. Still don't like the SF, but that's because i prefer the regular Freedom. I am in no way saying its a great show, its just not as bad as many say.

Gunpla IS NOT freedom. This saying is one of the worst things to happen to this hobby imo. Its a catch all that people say when they want to be lazy builders.

The best thing to come out of the Build shows was the bearguy. Generally the main suits look like crap.
Beginning G, Burning, Build strike, etc. BLEH

Here's where i really sound like a snobby modeler:

If you built a gundam kit when you were younger, it doesn't really count. If its been 10 years since you ripped the parts off with your hands or, with a set of nail clippers, you're not getting into the hobby again... you're getting into the hobby now.

If you haven't done the modeling technique yourself. Seriously, don't give out advice. My feelings are, if you can't show me a piece of your work where you've done this, you're just going on hearsay.

I absolutely HATE when someone asks for help, and then doesn't give any sort of thank you. I can't tell you how many times ive gotten pm's asking me questions, and never a thank you, or even a thanks when they post their work. I always make an effort to reference any person that helps me. Generally, if someone asks me a question now, and i don't bother responding, this is why. lol

Why do a really nice glossy or metallic paintjob, and then leave a seam line. Nothing is more distracting than bad prep work.

I have more but these are the ones that come to mind right now lol

Damn man those are some really contreversal ones.

the Zeta one rustles my jimmies (design mostly I can see why someone wouldn't like the show and I love it honestly) but I can see why one wouldn't like it, to each their own.

The no thanks for help one just seems like common courtesy one I share for help on other things since I'm not in the hobby my self.

Squee
September 23, 2015, 5:25 PM
I should add, that i will always answer a question, but if i don't get a thanks at the very least, i'll ignore any future contact lol

I didn't say i don't like the show. I said it's overhyped. Many consider it to be the best show to come out of UC.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 23, 2015, 5:26 PM
Damn man those are some really contreversal ones.

the Zeta one rustles my jimmies (design mostly I can see why someone wouldn't like the show and I love it honestly) but I can see why one wouldn't like it, to each their own.

The no thanks for help one just seems like common courtesy one I share for help on other things since I'm not in the hobby my self.
Saying thanks requires ABSOLUTELY NO effort. I guess some people are rude by nature.

Zeon's RedComet
September 23, 2015, 5:27 PM
Saying thanks requires ABSOLUTELY NO effort. I guess some people are rude by nature.

Pretty much.

I should add, that i will always answer a question, but if i don't get a thanks at the very least, i'll ignore any future contact lol

I didn't say i don't like the show. I said it's overhyped. Many consider it to be the best show to come out of UC.

Ah my bad on that. Yeah I can see it being overhyped, hell it's my favorite series, but I'll be the first to admit it has it's fair share of quirks, I just happen to like most of them for some reason.

Shocker Combatman
September 23, 2015, 6:36 PM

00 Gundam is lame.

Well, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

the main suits look like crap.
Beginning G, BLEH

KILL HIM!

Squee
September 23, 2015, 6:45 PM
Well, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Hence the point of the topic.

Nbh
September 23, 2015, 7:21 PM
Hence the point of the topic.

He was making a joke ;)

Shocker Combatman
September 23, 2015, 7:31 PM
Indeed. I've been instructed to use humor as a way to make Shocker seem more palatable as an organization.

Squee
September 23, 2015, 7:36 PM
Saying everyone is entitled to their own opinion is in no way making a joke.

I should add that i am in no way offended, i'm saying, that is a statement. Not a joke.

Zaku
September 23, 2015, 8:08 PM

dont get why this one bothers you. ill admit i do this. but im not saying its the absolute answer just something else they can try and the techniques i suggest are either ones suggested to me or ones ive seen more experienced model builders do.

Squee
September 23, 2015, 8:37 PM
Suggestions are one thing. But when i see someone for instance spray alclad once, and now they think they're pro's at it. They'll give a complete run down on how to spray it. You look at their finish and its nothing but orange peel. That's just a for instance.

I should mention, this isn't anyone on this board really.

Zaku
September 23, 2015, 8:57 PM
oh ok so not really giving advice but pretending you are a modeling bad ass when you arent lol i get ya

Nbh
September 23, 2015, 10:48 PM
Saying everyone is entitled to their own opinion is in no way making a joke.

I should add that i am in no way offended, i'm saying, that is a statement. Not a joke.

You're taking only the one sentence out of context. Look at the entirety of the post.

>negative opinion on something that doesn't affect me
hey that opinion is okay everyone can have their opinion on that because its not something I like
>negative opinion on something I like
I WILL END YOU.

Get it?

Squee
September 24, 2015, 8:07 PM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/texplainthejoke.jpg

Exia
September 24, 2015, 8:11 PM
I know it's a scene from the comics, but I remember that Batman: The Animated Series episode where that happened. Harley captured Batman and held him upside down over a shark tank that way when Batman saw the sharks he'd see they were smiling instead of frowning. Joker got pissed then that scene.

Oh, Mark Hamhill is the best Joker.

Shocker Combatman
September 24, 2015, 10:05 PM
How DARE you insinuate that my comedic skills are anything other than top-notch and universally understood/enjoyed!

I won't soon forget this, Squee! Consider yourself the super-moderator of being the one true leader, in my book!

Squee
September 24, 2015, 10:51 PM
Fixed that for you. Keep it up, and i'll start enforcing the rules on this site.

Zaku
September 24, 2015, 10:56 PM
one true leader. lol

Zaku
September 24, 2015, 11:35 PM
you need to drop the subject shocker

Shocker Combatman
September 24, 2015, 11:47 PM
You know what? You're right.

I wanted to treat this like an actual thing, but I'm just plain in the wrong here.

jackofspades
September 25, 2015, 12:29 AM
Lol, 1 reason I try to stay out of discussions like these.

Zaku
September 25, 2015, 12:42 AM
yea i got no problems jumping into a fight but im either taking the side of who i think is right or just trying to chill everyone out.

Squee
September 25, 2015, 12:46 AM
What fight?

Back on topic.

Evangelion is an okay show.

Zaku
September 25, 2015, 12:57 AM
*sings let it go horribly*

all that jazz about just joking vs passive aggressive comments.

and im kinda on the fence with Evangelion. it was good but sometimes it felt like they were trying to hard i dont know.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 25, 2015, 1:09 AM
*sings let it go horribly*

all that jazz about just joking vs passive aggressive comments.

and im kinda on the fence with Evangelion. it was good but sometimes it felt like they were trying to hard i dont know.
>sings let it go

Well thanks bud, now it's stuck in my head again and I need to erase it from my memory, again.

Zaku
September 25, 2015, 1:18 AM
haha you're welcome. lol

Zeon's RedComet
September 25, 2015, 3:28 AM

This, eca tried to hard and suffered for it. That said I'll blatantly admit, some of my dislike stems from the fans. Other part is I just don't like the show isn't my cup of tea and really didn't enjoy any of it I can see why someone would, but not me really for allot of small factors that add up, to quote immortal Joe I found it in most senses of the word to be "Mediocre!" So don't hate it just don't like it either.

Gendo is at least fun for bad dad memes even if I've found a worse one recently.

Nbh
September 25, 2015, 9:40 AM
What fight?

Back on topic.

Evangelion is an okay show.
I've never seen Evangelion. Isn't that the one where the robots are hooked up to wires though?

Shocker Combatman
September 25, 2015, 2:02 PM
It's the one where Ultraman is controlled by the worst protagonist ever.

Dark Matter Dynames
September 25, 2015, 4:04 PM
I think 00 season 2 is better than season 1.

I can't stand G-Gundam, even though I usually like crazy over-the-top shows like that.

Destiny was better than SEED until they dragged Kira back in.

Stargazer was the most emotionally devoid thing I've ever seen. The narrative itself wasn't bad, but it seemed like not a single character gave a damn about anything that happened.

I really, really hate the Turn A Gundam. And basically everything else from the show except the Turn X and Sumo.

The 08th MS Team is overrated. Not bad, but not the masterpiece everyone seems to think it is.

Gundam X is awesome (no clue if this is debatable or not, I don't see many people talking about it)

7 of of every 10 monoeye MS look like shit to me. Sorry Zeon fanboys, that's just how it is.

I think that just about covers it for now.

Zeon's RedComet
September 25, 2015, 4:20 PM
Nah its generally said that X is decent-good around here by most. Hell remove my nostalgia for G and I may go as far to say its best gundam series of the 90s IMO. (Competition isn't that stiff aside from G though, seeing as the other competitors are wing and victory)

Ginga Bishōnen
September 26, 2015, 6:13 AM
Kira Yamato is nowhere near the worst Gundam protagonist ever, not even like bottom 5. Gets way too much hate.

Gundam 0083, Anavel Gato aside, is a pretty bad series. Kou is probably the worst Gundam protagonist.

Gundam Wing, despite being my first Gundam series, is a pretty bad and nonsense-filled series for the most part.

Endless Waltz tho is amazing, and the best Gundam movie by far. Sorry CCA and AWoT fans, its the truth.

Gundam SEED and Destiny are actually fairly enjoyable and likable, most people who say it sucks are just following the herd, mob mentally-like. They aren't even in like the bottom 5 either.

Tomino's last great Gundam work was CCA (Gundam F91 had some great ideas, but it is clearly an unfinished work that probably shouldn't of been released).

Crossbone Gundam the manga is the best thing to come out of UC.

Xi Gundam is very hideous, with way too much crap on it. Maybe the ugliest lead Gundam design in any series.

That is it for now, I am sure I will think of some more stuff later on.

Zeon's RedComet
September 26, 2015, 1:02 PM
Victory 1 and it's derivatives are the best thing to come out of Victory in terms of well...anything.

Second Victory from the Novel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>V2. (Literally does what the V2 does, but has superior Victory looks)

Ginga Bishōnen
September 26, 2015, 3:19 PM
Victory 1 and it's derivatives are the best thing to come out of Victory in terms of well...anything.

Second Victory from the Novel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>V2. (Literally does what the V2 does, but has superior Victory looks)

I second these thoughts, tho I am not the biggest V1 fan either. V-Dash is pretty sweet tho, I think I will use it in a future RP.

Zeon's RedComet
September 26, 2015, 3:54 PM
I second these thoughts, tho I am not the biggest V1 fan either. V-Dash is pretty sweet tho, I think I will use it in a future RP.

Yeah aside from V1, and the Javelin, I really don't like most of the designs from the show.

I like the Motorcycle ships, in an Ironic way, but yeah that's about it. V2 is okay off and on, but V1 much better looking.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
September 26, 2015, 3:59 PM

Even though I'm a massive V2boo, I'm gonna agree.

Zeon's RedComet
September 26, 2015, 4:05 PM
Even though I'm a massive V2boo, I'm gonna agree.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/a/a2/Lm313v10.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130129053923

Seriously who can argue with it.

Also Amytheyst Victory Gundam was the best thing to come out of Try. (I wish i could say full cloth animated was but well it wasn't Should have been FC Vs. Tryon instead of that other team but oh well.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and here's another hot Opinion for everyone.

Jamil's both the best Amuro and the best char rolled into one.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 27, 2015, 3:01 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/a/a2/Lm313v10.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130129053923

Seriously who can argue with it.

Also Amytheyst Victory Gundam was the best thing to come out of Try. (I wish i could say full cloth animated was but well it wasn't Should have been FC Vs. Tryon instead of that other team but oh well.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and here's another hot Opinion for everyone.

Jamil's both the best Amuro and the best char rolled into one.

Man, I forgot about the Second Victory. Agreed, that thing is way sexier than the V2.

As for the Jamil comment, I would definitely agree he is the best Char clone, tho I never thought of him as an Amuro clone. I guess you are right tho, when you think about it. I would definitely say he is the best Amuro in that case.

Zeon's RedComet
September 27, 2015, 3:06 AM
Yeah in the war he was pretty much amuro in terms of hismroll, then things happened and became quattro ish, with a bit of Amuro in there still CCA/Zeta Amuro just hints of it. In general he's one of the better characters not just in X but the franchise IMO.

Lancerow kinda was the reverse 0079 char into Zeta Amuro come the time the series took place.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah second victory is awesome seriously the novelization seems better just because of it alone. Plus has all the wings of light shenanigans of the v2.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 27, 2015, 3:26 AM
Hmm, yup, I guess Jamil really is the best Amuro and the best Char in that case.

BTW, who is the worst Amuro and the worst Char in your opinion ZRC? I would say Flit is the worst Amuro and Chronicle Asher from Victory is the worst Char, tho Chronicle if I remember right isnt that Char-like.

Zeon's RedComet
September 27, 2015, 3:34 AM
Yeah chronicle just has a mask wouldn't say he's super char like. Same with say Schwartz.

As for worse amuro...idk. Worse char? Neo by a land slide.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 27, 2015, 3:53 AM
How come you didn't like Neo? I personally liked him, I am even partly basing my A-Laws PC from the 00 RP on him.

Zeon's RedComet
September 27, 2015, 3:58 AM
How come you didn't like Neo? I personally liked him, I am even partly basing my A-Laws PC from the 00 RP on him.

On his own he was a meh character wasn't fond of his personality was it particularly horrible? No not really he could be manipulative and mysterious well enough but hell...so could Rau.

Factor in the twist, and yeah just kinda sealed the deal.

Ginga Bishōnen
September 27, 2015, 4:11 AM
So Rau being a much better SEED Char clone is why you don't like Neo?

Rau is one of my favorite Chars BTW, I think just about everyone feels that way right?

- - - Updated - - -

Nanai was better than Lalah

I didn't see this in your original post, but I wholeheartedly agree. Lalah was way too much of a Mary Sue character, nearly as bad as Lacus. Nanai felt much more real, and much more compatible for Char.

Zeon's RedComet
September 27, 2015, 4:37 AM
Honestly? Rau isn't super high on the list either his crazy was amusing but aside from that, eh. (Even from his own show I liked Azreals brand of crazy allot more) Honestly aside from a few not overly fond of Char clones as a whole most are just there to me rau kinda falls on the edge between enjoy and just there.

And no I don't dislike Neo because Rau was a better char honestly I just don't like him, personality, his story, especially the twist, IMHO itd have been better if My either never 'died' or stayed dead. Plus he's just brainwashed...I like my masked villains to at least have their own goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Also nice that someone else agrees on the Nanai bit, wish she got more screen time and we saw more of her, hell Unicorn cameo would have made sense she never died.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I meant neither on that bit tablet posting ATM. I hate touch screens.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah allot of my distaste of Neo just stems from the fact I didn't like that he was mu took away from Mu's sacrifice in SEED which was one of the few times I felt impact from the show because I actually enjoyed Mu. There's more but that's the biggest factor if I'm gonna be blu t.

Squee
October 3, 2015, 2:02 PM
Iron man painted gundam are ugly.

Shocker Combatman
October 3, 2015, 4:45 PM

I second this.

Nbh
October 3, 2015, 8:08 PM
I second this.
third

Zeon's RedComet
October 3, 2015, 8:48 PM

Agreed.

Hokuto no Fan
October 5, 2015, 1:18 PM
How many times has someone you are assosiated with constantly confuse Mech anime in general with "Like Transformers?" or "He likes Transformers, right?"

If I hear that one more time I swear...

Randomking0x70
October 23, 2015, 11:23 AM
How many times has someone you are assosiated with constantly confuse Mech anime in general with "Like Transformers?" or "He likes Transformers, right?"

If I hear that one more time I swear...

THIS. I've had two different relatives ask me what the difference between a Gundam and a Transformer is. One of them asked me TWICE! And there was another time when I found out that one of my relatives used to build model kits. I asked him if he would want to build Gunpla with me, and he said "I'm not really into that Transformer stuff."... I told him that they are not the same thing and then he said something like "Well they all look the same to me! I can't tell them apart.".

Another thing I try to tell a lot of people who think that Gundam and Transformers are the same thing is that Gundam started a few years before Transformers did, but they don't believe me and still try to insist that Gundam is a ripoff of Transformers. Now that I'm a bit more knowledgeable when it comes to Mecha anime, I'm also gonna have to tell them that Macross did the whole transforming robot thing before Transformers did, and that some of the old Transformers toys are remolds of some old Macross toys.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with one of the above posts that Jamil is indeed the best Amuro and the best Char. Don't get me wrong, I think Amuro and Char are good characters, but Jamil takes everything I like about them and puts them into one really awesome character.

I thought that the episode of Gundam X with the Newtype Dolphins was decent.

Ramba Ral, while having a likable personality, is a flat character who should've had more screen time. Characters should not just be one or two personality traits. Characters should not be just a living personality.

Mu, Murrue, and Athrun were the only likable characters in SEED. Everyone else was either whiny or just really annoying.

Despite having a mostly crappy cast, I thought that SEED was at least watchable. SEED Destiny however, is the worst thing that the Gundam franchise has spawned (from what I've seen. I haven't watched every Gundam series yet.).

I absolutely hate how almost every Gundam series shoves romance in the viewer's face. Romance is one of the last things I want to see in a war drama. Gundam X is the only one that did it right, downplaying the romantic elements while still keeping it intact.

Speaking of romance, I also don't like how a lot of love interests only exist to get killed of in the most gruesome ways possible.

The elitism of a very large chunk of the Gundam fandom is the thing I hate the most about Gundam fans. I'd rather not go into detail with it because I'm sure everybody here already knows what I'm talking about.

Now for Gunpla stuff.

This is less of an unpopular opinion, and more just me ranting, but I HATE how much stuff is winding up as P Bandai exclusives lately. It's especially annoying how many little addons that could've came with kits are P Bandai exclusive. Those Wings of Light probably costs Bandai very little to make, and yet they charge almost $20 for them! And they could've made the MG Jesta Cannon's cannons stand-alone parts, but instead you have to buy another MG Jesta with them, which drives up the price quite a bit.

I know a lot of people generally don't mind because of high shipping prices from Japan, but I can't stand how expensive kits from distributors are! I'm not paying nearly $30 for an HG that costs the equivalent of $12 in Japan. I know distributors have to cover their shipping costs somehow, but in a lot of cases, I can still order kits from Japan and pay less even with shipping! For crying out loud, this one comic shop I go to every now and then wants $450 for a PG 00 Raiser, which has been sitting in the shop since I first went there in 2010! It's covered in dust, along with a lot of the other pricey kits there...

I like Build Fighters, but I like it less than I should because it does give very unrealistic expectations of Gunpla, and the whole "GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!" thing is annoying. While I do believe that it's your Gunpla and you should do whatever you want with it, don't try to justify bad building/customizing. I especially hate it when "Gunpla is freedom!" is used in the wrong context.

Bandai needs to stop canceling releases of kits that a lot of people want. I would've loved to have an MG Zakutank, an MG Age 3, and an MG Age FX!

I really wish that Bandai would stop putting gates on wide/highly visible parts. The side of my HG Revive Guncannon is scratched beyond repair almost because of a really persistent nub. I have also accidentally gouged a couple parts with my nippers due to bad gate placement.

Maybe step back on the MG lead Gundams Bandai? I really want MGs of some other non-lead Gundams too. I think Bandai has forgotten that Setsuna isn't the only character in 00 and that the main antagonists of X also had Gundams.

We really just need more kits from X and G. I would absolutely love to have a Bertigo and a Death Army MS in kit form.

More MG Ver.2.0s please! There are so many old and horrifically outdated MGs.

Zeon's RedComet
November 24, 2015, 4:00 PM
I like both the Federation and zeon and both have their shitty parts.

Come at me people. No but for real I do.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 24, 2015, 4:01 PM
I like both the Federation and zeon and both have their shitty parts.

Come at me people. No but for real I do.
This desu Senpai

Zeon's RedComet
November 24, 2015, 4:05 PM
This desu Senpai

That moment when the 4Chan filter follows you around.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm also fine with the absurd amount of RX-78 variants especially full armor.

Zaku
November 24, 2015, 4:30 PM
SCREW THE FEDDIES! !

But I will not complain about all the rx variants considering how many of me there are. I just wish more of both of us made it to plastic. I need more gundams to fight. Even the GMs I wish I had a MG GM sniper to duke it out with.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 24, 2015, 5:50 PM
I like Earth Alliance grunts over ZAFT ones. Especially in Destiny. Dagger L, Slaughter Dagger, Wild Dagger, Windam>>>>>>NotZakus and Not Goufs.

Zeon's RedComet
November 24, 2015, 5:53 PM
I like Earth Alliance grunts over ZAFT ones. Especially in Destiny. Dagger L, Slaughter Dagger, Wild Dagger, Windam>>>>>>NotZakus and Not Goufs.

You had me until Windam that thing has to be the ugliest grunt in franchise history IMHO.

Aside from that yeah, pure blue suits>coordinator scum.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 24, 2015, 5:54 PM
You had me until Windam that thing has to be the ugliest grunt in franchise history IMHO.

Aside from that yeah, pure blue suits>coordinator scum.
>Windam
>not cool

You take that back.

Zeon's RedComet
November 24, 2015, 6:10 PM
No infact I'll do the opposite, and point out every niggle I have with it.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/5/56/GAT-04_-_Windam_-_Front_View.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110315085110

-The Shoulders, are absurdly huge, and this is coming from someone who likes huge shoulders I love the qubeley and it has enough shoulders that I'm sure stacked on end, the shoulders span would be as long as the victory is tall, but here they look so out of place it's not funny, they're just two squished bricks that sit awkwardly on spindle arms. Big shoulders are nice but do something with the,

-Speaking of squished, it's head, it's head looks like someone took a mallet to the Dagger's and then pop a huge V-fin on it. The head might not be horrible if it wasn't for a V-fin that is probably longer than most if not all Gundam V-fins within the CE. It just looks out of place. It's like putting the Spirt of Ecstasy on the hood of a G-Wiz. It's just absurd.

-It's Legs. My god people flip Katoki crap for thin legs, but then these come around, and take the cake, worse yet, the Side thrusts, seem to have missed the Memo, as did the feet, which seem to have gotten the skinny memo, but remained hugely long. There's also the weird bend on the shins, I don't like that really it's not abhorent, but it is a small detail I don't like. The arms suffer from the same issue, but it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the giant blocks

Seriously the one Redeeming thing I have to say about it's design is the Torso, the Torso is nice, but that's because it's ripped mostly from the strike.

Now I wouldn't hate on it that much if it wasn't for the fact that every other Earth alliance MP design looks amazing, The Dagger, the Slaughtter Dagger, the N Dagger N, the MP Side of the Forbidden family (Well The Vortex, the Blue was pretty ugly as well). I mean it just sticks out like a sore thumb, and this is before getting to how good the EA gundams looked.

Of which only three ZAFT gundams really look better (Other ones are either just as good IE the Saviour or are just not as cool IMO), the Gaia the Impulse, and the Providence.

That's my annoying opinion on the matter.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 24, 2015, 6:14 PM
No infact I'll do the opposite, and point out every niggle I have with it.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gundam/images/5/56/GAT-04_-_Windam_-_Front_View.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110315085110

-The Shoulders, are absurdly huge, and this is coming from someone who likes huge shoulders I love the qubeley and it has enough shoulders that I'm sure stacked on end, the shoulders span would be as long as the victory is tall, but here they look so out of place it's not funny, they're just two squished bricks that sit awkwardly on spindle arms. Big shoulders are nice but do something with the,

-Speaking of squished, it's head, it's head looks like someone took a mallet to the Dagger's and then pop a huge V-fin on it. The head might not be horrible if it wasn't for a V-fin that is probably longer than most if not all Gundam V-fins within the CE. It just looks out of place. It's like putting the Spirt of Ecstasy on the hood of a G-Wiz. It's just absurd.

-It's Legs. My god people flip Katoki crap for thin legs, but then these come around, and take the cake, worse yet, the Side thrusts, seem to have missed the Memo, as did the feet, which seem to have gotten the skinny memo, but remained hugely long. There's also the weird bend on the shins, I don't like that really it's not abhorent, but it is a small detail I don't like. The arms suffer from the same issue, but it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the giant blocks

Seriously the one Redeeming thing I have to say about it's design is the Torso, the Torso is nice, but that's because it's ripped mostly from the strike.

Now I wouldn't hate on it that much if it wasn't for the fact that every other Earth alliance MP design looks amazing, The Dagger, the Slaughtter Dagger, the N Dagger N, the MP Side of the Forbidden family (Well The Vortex, the Blue was pretty ugly as well). I mean it just sticks out like a sore thumb, and this is before getting to how good the EA gundams looked.

Of which only three ZAFT gundams really look better (Other ones are either just as good IE the Saviour or are just not as cool IMO), the Gaia the Impulse, and the Providence.

That's my annoying opinion on the matter.
Legs I can agree on, Okawaras Seed legs suck, plain and simple.
Rest, eh. Doesn't bother me.
I think it's fine(better than NotZaku ) not great but fine.

Zeon's RedComet
November 24, 2015, 6:19 PM
Oh yeah his seed legs are bad.

That said I personally while I don't dislike his seed designs I like a few of them to say the least, I think he peaked with X for the most part. Its a shame that out of his 90s work that more attention is paid to the Wing Gundams (which are some of his weakest work as a whole IMO)

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 24, 2015, 6:25 PM
I like some Okawaras Seed designs, but the likes of Strike, Impulse etc are infinitely better looking when drawn by someone else. Good example would be the MGs of the Destiny Gundams, all of them looked pretty bad to be quite honest till they got reworked into models.

Zeon's RedComet
November 24, 2015, 6:30 PM
I like some Okawaras Seed designs, but the likes of Strike, Impulse etc are infinitely better looking when drawn by someone else. Good example would be the MGs of the Destiny Gundams, all of them looked pretty bad to be quite honest till they got reworked into models.

Exactly. That's how I am with most of his work.

Good Designer with his concepts and such, but as an artist...not so much.

Zaku
November 24, 2015, 6:32 PM
i gotta agree with ZRC on that thing. kill it with fire. i like the strike gundam most out of anything from seed and its direct MP version. the not me could use a lot of work in the proportions and general vibe department but i think they have potential. id like to see the guy who did the 0080 designs (forgot his name) to do a complete redesign of it. if it had a UC feel to it i might love it. one of these days i might get a 1/100 of it (i think they make one) and mod it the fuck up. to lhave a UC feel to it.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
November 24, 2015, 6:37 PM
Exactly. That's how I am with most of his work.

Good Designer with his concepts and such, but as an artist...not so much.
Pretty much. Katoki is kinda the opposite, his an amazing artist, but he seems to kinda lack the understanding of how his mechanics work. Wing Gundams a good example (where the hell WZC gets its thrust if there are no visible thrusters on the damn thing, where does the Doper Gun eject the spent shell cases since it seems to lack an ejection port all together. ) Things like that.......I love the guy but he could think a bit more how things actually work.

Zeon's RedComet
November 24, 2015, 6:39 PM
Pretty much. Katoki is kinda the opposite, his an amazing artist, but he seems to kinda lack the understanding of how his mechanics work. Wing Gundams a good example (where the hell WZC gets its thrust if there are no visible thrusters on the damn thing, where does the Doper Gun eject the spent shell cases since it seems to lack an ejection port all together. ) Things like that.......I love the guy but he could think a bit more how things actually work.

Yeah I agree.

That said as a whole his wing designs as rubbish, Sans the Tallgeese I and II. Aside from that not a fan really.

Riah
December 14, 2015, 7:35 AM
Wing suits make slightly more sense when you realize all the Gundams in that are all leftovers/rejects from G Gundam that got a little retooling.

I'll try to find the original G designs for them. There was a good picture of them all together.

https://i.gyazo.com/1b1593ddf481302641d7471a0fc97593.jpg
I still don't get how the Wing Gundam's final version is sillier than the original designs G GUNDAM design. Though damn, if this stuff didn't make the cut for G GUNDAM of all shows, I wonder if opinions at the time on these designs were super low.

Though rejects basically describes what I think about the actual Gundams in Wing (sans Heavy Arms) look to me anyway. Stuff like the Leos, Large Duck, and Vayeate/Mercurius are neat though.

Zeon's RedComet
December 15, 2015, 11:48 AM
Yeah I'm not really big on wings designs, I really only like the Epyon, Heavyarms, and the Tallgeese Units (mainly the II).

That said the OG Heavyarm's Coffin sheild is awesome while being a good callback to the OG GM/RX-78 Sheild.

Nbh
December 15, 2015, 2:37 PM
Yeah I'm not really big on wings designs, I really only like the Epyon, Heavyarms, and the Tallgeese Units (mainly the II).

That said the OG Heavyarm's Coffin sheild is awesome while being a good callback to the OG GM/RX-78 Sheild.
Pretty sure that's death scythe in the image above.

Zeon's RedComet
December 18, 2015, 6:12 AM
Shit thats what I meant didn't know what happened there.

Also confession time, I think people harp too much on the EW designs especially the Wing Zero I mean yeah its kind of silly but well...the death scythes giant ass wings aren't? Plus EW Altron is nice. Actually thinking about it the TV version of it and Shenlong are cool to but the EW versions are cooler IMO.

NoZaku
December 31, 2015, 6:08 PM
G-Reconguista is so hated because it makes you think.

Shinn Asuka is my favorite Seed Protagonist.

MG models are overrated.

Zeta Gundam was overrated.

ZZ Gundam was awesome.

00 Season 2 is better than the first.

Celestial Being deserved what was coming to them in the first Season.

I hate Setsuna, and the first Lockon.

Build Fighter Try was kinda disappointing.

Burnie's Hamburgers are delicious.

Ginga Bishōnen
December 31, 2015, 6:21 PM
MG models are overrated.

How come you think MG models are overrated? They are my favorite scale by far, and I own quite the large collection from SD to PG to base this judgment on. No scale gives you as much bang for your buck.

Zeon's RedComet
December 31, 2015, 6:23 PM
Celestial Being deserved what was coming to them in the first Season.

Oh yeah they did.

Especially if you look into the 00 Side stuff.

NoZaku
December 31, 2015, 6:27 PM
How come you think MG models are overrated? They are my favorite scale by far, and I own quite the large collection from SD to PG to base this judgment on. No scale gives you as much bang for your buck.

Well frankly I don't need them, besides HG has way more different Mobile Suits then MG models do.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
January 1, 2016, 9:13 AM
Oh my, a thread I shouldn't have found, but I'm gonna enjoy it!

Zeon is a bunch of goosestepping space nazis modeled on a mixture of Imperial Japan, and Nazi Germany. Stop making excuse for it, or denying it. Tomino even said so. No one was supposed to like them when the show was made. You look at how they are drawn, all the soldiers look like weasels and are doing dastardly things. Like abusing their own people. This revisionist history crap got old well over a decade ago.

Char is a traitorous douche bag, who probably would have killed his own father if the Zabi's hadn't beat him to it. Why anyone would have ever trusted or followed the guy is beyond me. Why people still think he is a great character, given his pension for using people as tools to further whatever his own twisted scheme at the time is ridiculous.

The GM is a superior mobile suit to all of the Zeon MP designs except the Gelgoog, and the weakening of it to make it on par with a Zaku is a travesty to designs.

GReco Blows Chunks. The show doesn't make you think. It makes you fill in the plot holes that Tomino left through out the entire series. But this is nothing new, considering all of his works have been like this. The excuse for 0079 used to be, oh it's old. Well Tomino got a green light to do a modern series, and guess what same flaws, from the same director. Funny how when it was running everyone was lampooning it, only now that it's over, the revisionists are at it again, I guess to glaze over the same stuff they have been trying to cover over in Tomino's works for years. (Like Kamille's self contradicting dialog, the complete lack of reasons for Char to suddenly want to drop Axis on Earth, and on, and on, and on. I'd be here for at least a week naming everything.)

Turn A was Tomino's attempt to seal up the gundam franchise. You don't make everything part of some "Dark History" and talk about ending it through out the entire series unless you are trying to end a franchise.

Seed Destiny Hate. I was there when it started, and it wasn't over Kira coming back, and "stealing the show". It was a bunch of UC Fanatics that started it cause it was the first non UC series to get a sequel. You should have seen the number of heads exploding over just the announcement of it. While the series has issues, they are no where near as bad as people claim. As far as it's worst Gundam Series ever title, that was a bunch of Fanboy bs spawned by hardcore UC fans online, in a united front. There are several other series that can claim this title. GReco just being one of them.

00 sucked. The cast was flat, and I wish Setsuna would have died at the end of Season 1. There was no redeeming qualities to them, they killed people for the sake of furthering their own goal of a unified earth government to prepare for theoretical alien contact. Hell they had to do the movie with Aliens or else it would have been completely pointless as everyone would have realized the world got taken by a bunch of cultists. These people were terrorists with a crack pot as a leader. Hell they could have substituted Ali Al Sanchez for Aeola Schenburg, or whatever his name was, and they still be doing the same thing, only with a arguably funny psychopath for a leader over a Popsicle.

AGE: Gundam ADHD. Wow. It had a lot of potential, but honestly, it needed a lot more episodes to try to cover the kind of story they did. It let Bandai crank out a lot of kits, but no where near as many as it could have if they had actually fleshed out the series with more episodes, and more of the wears. The 1 month time skip of Flits time with Yurin pretty much killed the tragedy of her death, and made the appearance of her ghost to Flit at the end of the series lack the punch that it really should have had.

IBO, even though the machine designs are hideous, the show seemed like it was going somewhere, then it went completely down the tubes with the Introduction of the USS Whorehouse, or Polygamy, or Utah, one of those, but whatever. Seriously, a Harem ship, a Fing Harem SHIP! Oh and lets make the little blonde girl previously work at a gentlemen's club, or a brothel or whatever. What the hell is it with the Gundam writers, and needing little girls to work at whorehouses? I mean this has somehow been a staple of Gundam since fing Lalah!

And in general, what is it with killing every girl every chance you get in Gundam huh? Are the writers actually desperate to kill their ex's in horrible ways, and vent this through their writing? Then again "I'm A Woman" Traitor Chick from Zeta had it coming, and dear god, I hate that show, for tons of other reasons, but again, I won't go play by play on that, or else I'd being sitting here going frame by frame, and line by line ripping it a new one.

Oh, and I will end this with a horrible insult. Haman was a evil, ugly, stalker chick, with an obsession with Char. No amount of Retconning will cover that over.

FLAME ON! lol

NoZaku
January 1, 2016, 9:37 AM
What have we done...

Dark Matter Dynames
January 1, 2016, 1:49 PM
I like the Beam Javelin, Gundam Hammer, and G-Armor. I wish they'd get more recognition for being awesome.

Zeon's RedComet
January 1, 2016, 2:50 PM
Char is a traitorous douche bag, who probably would have killed his own father if the Zabi's hadn't beat him to it. Why anyone would have ever trusted or followed the guy is beyond me. Why people still think he is a great character, given his pension for using people as tools to further whatever his own twisted scheme at the time is ridiculous.

Okay like it's more than cool you don't like Char whatever, personally I agree, he is a PoS, and I can see why people wouldn't enjoy him honestly. But the thing is you seem to imply and I could be reading this the wrong way that a great character, or an interesting one can't be a manipulative, flawed, petty piece of shit. Which is wrong in my eyes hell it makes some characters more interesting, take Cersei from A Song of Ice and fire, specifically A Feast for Crows when she got her own PoV Chapters, it showed her even worse and went into her thought process on why she was such a bitch, and how she thought she was smarter than she was, etc. And it made her interesting because of her f***ed up, self absorbed mindset. Hell I'd even argue she carried what was the weakest book in the franchise just because of how interesting she was.

I digress, I can get why one wouldn't enjoy Char and such but it just seemed like you were implying because he (and by extension other characters such as he) can't be great characters because they're bad guys.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 1, 2016, 2:52 PM
Okay like I'm more than fine if you don't like Char, personally I agree, he is a PoS. But the thing is you seem to imply and I could be reading this the wrong way that a great character, or an interesting one can't be a manipulative, flawed, petty piece of shit. Which is wrong in my eyes hell it makes some characters more interesting, take Cersei from A Song of Ice and fire, specifically A Feast for Crows when she got her own PoV Chapters, it showed her even worse and went into her thought process on why she was such a bitch, and how she thought she was smarter than she was, etc. And it made her interesting because of her f***ed up, self absorbed mindset. Hell I'd even argue she carried what was the weakest book in the franchise just because of how interesting she was.

I digress, I can get why one wouldn't enjoy Char and such but it just seemed like you were implying because he (and by extension other characters such as he) can't be great characters because they're bad guys.
Which is objectively wrong. Characters like Treize and Durandal are arguably the best characters in their respective series and they are the main baddies (or at least on of them)

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
January 1, 2016, 3:16 PM
He's not a great character in any shape form or fashion. Every time you see how he thinks, they change it to fit whatever role he is playing in the next series.

In 0079 he is a sly, and cunning psychopath on his own path of revenge, that suddenly develops a mommy complex for Lalah. He finally gets his revenge on the Zabi's, but then runs off with the Zeon Remnants instead of trying to move on with his life.

Then supposedly is off to spy for Haman, and the Zeon Remnants, he betrays them again to run around with the AEUG. During this time, he really doesn't do anything, except give a long winded, and pointless speech at that one meeting to the whole of earth, and space.

After getting jacked up by Haman, he then ups and disappears again, for how long, to only show up with more remnants of Zeon, to drop Axis on Earth to supposedly save the planet by forcing humans into space, even though it means putting the planet into what can easily be described as an extinction level event. Mean while wanting to finish things with Amuro, yet the last time they were fighting side by side.

There is no clear timeline to his character, no outline of his thought processes or reasoning, just constant goal, and action swapping to play whatever part is needed in which ever series he is in. He is literially a Blank NPC that just is named and looks the same, but everything else changes. It's like Biggs, and Wedge from the Final Fantasy games. That's not a great character.

Zeon's RedComet
January 1, 2016, 3:19 PM
He's not a great character in any shape form or fashion. Every time you see how he thinks, they change it to fit whatever role he is playing in the next series.

In 0079 he is a sly, and cunning psychopath on his own path of revenge, that suddenly develops a mommy complex for Lalah. He finally gets his revenge on the Zabi's, but then runs off with the Zeon Remnants instead of trying to move on with his life.

Then supposedly is off to spy for Haman, and the Zeon Remnants, he betrays them again to run around with the AEUG. During this time, he really doesn't do anything, except give a long winded, and pointless speech at that one meeting to the whole of earth, and space.

After getting jacked up by Haman, he then ups and disappears again, for how long, to only show up with more remnants of Zeon, to drop Axis on Earth to supposedly save the planet by forcing humans into space, even though it means putting the planet into what can easily be described as an extinction level event. Mean while wanting to finish things with Amuro, yet the last time they were fighting side by side.

There is no clear timeline to his character, no outline of his thought processes or reasoning, just constant goal, and action swapping to play whatever part is needed in which ever series he is in. He is literially a Blank NPC that just is named and looks the same, but everything else changes. That's not a great character.

I was more so referring to the fact you made it seem like bad guys can't be enjoyable or great, it didn't seem like you were referring to Char but in general. Thanks for clarifying though it was about Char alone it seems.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
January 1, 2016, 3:22 PM
Nah not at all man, there are plenty of great bad guy characters that can be enjoyed.

Chaser90EK
January 8, 2016, 1:51 PM
I'm pissed Bell was such a boss, but got wrecked by being in a shitty series...

NoZaku
January 8, 2016, 3:52 PM
I'm pissed Bell was such a boss, but got wrecked by being in a shitty series...

The reason he kicks so much ass is because he compensates for Aida's shit tier piloting skills.

She doesn't deserve the G-Arcane.

Chaser90EK
January 11, 2016, 12:53 PM
The reason he kicks so much ass is because he compensates for Aida's shit tier piloting skills.

She doesn't deserve the G-Arcane.

She doesn't deserve a ball...

Riah
January 11, 2016, 1:42 PM
Thing is, I'm not angry at Aida. I'm angry at Tomino and other people who worked on the show for not making Aida a better pilot.

I've seen this same bull crap over and over and over and over and over where you get an interesting female character mared by her piloting skills being a freaking joke because she has to be a sidekick to the main character dude. And it'd be alright if they did something like they made it a part of her character to like where she's simply not the kind of person who's cut out for war or something. Or made her get better over time. I mean, Sayla did that. That might make for some interesting drama or character development but it isn't what they do. Of course, you shouldn't derive somebody's worth over how good a murderer they are, but that's how these shows work and value their own characters.

But yeah, I've been dealing with this exact kind of thing since Maziner Z (the first anime with a piloted robot) in which Sayaka TEACHES THE MAIN CHARACTER KOUJI HOW TO PILOT and takes her job far more seriously than Kouji but she gets defeated within a minute each episode and never does anything useful because she pilots an embarrassing robot that can only attack with breast missiles. Aida is yet another Sayaka, though most Gundam leads are Kouji: the techno freak who inherent their giant robot from a relative.

But yeah, I love G Reco, but I'll freely admit it treats its female characters like garbage and that's definitely one of the flaws in the show. I mean, christ, do I even have to explain Mashner and Manny? Though I think that's kind of expected by this point in the franchise and by the man who wrote Victory Gundam.

NoZaku
January 11, 2016, 8:21 PM
Thing is, I'm not angry at Aida. I'm angry at Tomino and other people who worked on the show for not making Aida a better pilot.

Agreed.

Also we should start calling you Riah Monday.

Rxslinger
January 11, 2016, 11:16 PM

I've seen this same bull crap over and over and over and over and over where you get an interesting female character mared by her piloting skills being a freaking joke because she has to be a sidekick to the main character dude. And it'd be alright if they did something like they made it a part of her character to like where she's simply not the kind of person who's cut out for war or something. Or made her get better over time. I mean, Sayla did that. That might make for some interesting drama or character development but it isn't what they do. Of course, you shouldn't derive somebody's worth over how good a murderer they are, but that's how these shows work and value their own characters.

But yeah, I've been dealing with this exact kind of thing since Maziner Z (the first anime with a piloted robot) in which Sayaka TEACHES THE MAIN CHARACTER KOUJI HOW TO PILOT and takes her job far more seriously than Kouji but she gets defeated within a minute each episode and never does anything useful because she pilots an embarrassing robot that can only attack with breast missiles. Aida is yet another Sayaka, though most Gundam leads are Kouji: techno freak who inherent their giant robot from a relative.

But yeah, I love G Reco, but I'll freely admit it treats its female characters like garbage and that's definitely one of the flaws in the show. I mean, christ, do I even have to explain Mashner and Manny? Though I think expected as much because that's kind of expected by this point in the franchise and this is by the man who wrote Victory Gundam.

You brought up some excellent points. It made me want to ask this question. Am I the only that would like to see the main character be a female for once? I think it would be a nice change of pace from the usual female supporting character or the teenage pilot. I would like to see a UC based story with a female squad leader like we would get if they did a series about Karen, Cima or Haman. They could go into more of their character development during nthe OYW or after the war. It could also be a new character.

Riah
January 12, 2016, 3:17 AM
You brought up some excellent points. It made me want to ask this question. Am I the only that would like to see the main character be a female for once? I think it would be a nice change of pace from the usual female supporting character or the teenage pilot. I would like to see a UC based story with a female squad leader like we would get if they did a series about Karen, Cima or Haman. They could go into more of their character development during nthe OYW or after the war. It could also be a new character.

OF COURSE

Though at this point, really anything truly differnt outside just the way character designs or subtle ways fights are fought would be a god send. And they NEED another Seed on their hands to bring in the lifeblood. In terms of a more wide appeal series like Seed seemed to do with its character focus, not really in terms of production troubles/squables, perceived quality, etc. And that could be a big help in that.
I mean, look how the new Star Wars turned out. And Gundam is the Japanese Star Wars right down to the obligatory mysterious masked villian.

Sad thing is we had a very promising Gundam story with an interesting female lead...
in an osbscure Zeta side story manga...
that will forever be unfinished...
http://puu.sh/msHLi/2829b03255.jpg
Honestly, if we're getting OVAs of manga now what with Thunderbolt and all, I hope we get Ecole Du Ciel so the story can get some kind of conclusion.

though on that note...

>inb4 Zeta G comes in and once again claims he's better than anybody wanting some better representation BECAUSE HE WRITES FAN FICTION

Zeon's RedComet
January 12, 2016, 4:08 AM
Piloting aside was Aida all that bad? I mean to a degree, you can actually pin most of what the main crew did to her choices though out, yes that's true allot of it was her clout of course, but is there anything inherently wrong with that? I mean we'd have to put a good deal of the female Gundam cast on the block for that out of the gate (Relena, Cecily, Lacus, Cagalli, and more recently Kudilla, now are all of them stellar examples as a whole, maybe not but the point stands it'd take away any value any of them had). I do agree her arc wasn't handled as well as it could be, but I think as far as tomino females she was one of the better ones that got a big focus. I think part of her arc should of either A been seen stepping down from Piloting into a bigger leadership roll, maturing realizing there are other roles just as, if not more important, in her mission than being out on the field, or better yet become a better pilot, both for her's and the G-Arcane's sake. And while I did give her some flak...more than once, several times, during the airing of the show that's because I assumed she was going to be some sort of Crossbone era Cecily that also was a bad ass pilot, when all along I did get the closest thing to my favorite Gundam princess animated I'm likely to ever get, even if it took me several months to realize that. (Still like Noredo more, but that's because she's probably the best Fraw archetype in along while)

That said while a few years ago I'd say a female lead was (sadly) unlikely, I think the odds are increasing, apparently from what I've read and seen Gunpla is catching on more and more with the female audience, and some fanbases for some of the shows actually have relatively sizable female audiences in Japan (Both SEED's spring to mind, and apparently Zeta has a large female fanbase over there as well from what I've read here, and elsewhere quite often...which IDK why really...I mean Kamille name jokes aside) and while unfinished Ecole Du Ciel would be a good test for it at least. It's UC so they get that large fan-base governed, quite a few of the mechs are just old designs with new bits and/or colors the rest would either be rather easy or would likely catch on anyways.

That said I don't see it becoming the norm, but I do see it happening, in an OVA at least sometime soon-ish (By that I mean we likely won't see it any time immediately)...I mean it'll always be targeted more to males, and they'll probably be trying to target kids as well though out of course, but I think there is allot of untapped potentially that they need to eventually look at both marketing and story.

Chaser90EK
January 12, 2016, 6:01 PM
The only thing not flat about Aida's character was her chest...

Ever since I saw War in the Pocket I've wanted to see a retelling of the story from Chris' PoV. I know there's manga but I don't read it (Spent years teaching my dyslexic self to read left to right so manga is a damn nightmare for me). I thought her's would be a great story of how a female soldier became the test pilot for the Alex. She had to be pretty badass to get picked.

NoZaku
January 12, 2016, 8:50 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rnynxgQ_oAw/VooMih17JAI/AAAAAAAGI0M/MviWqfgtifs/s1600/barbatos%2Bform%2B4%2B%25282%2529.jpg

I swear ear the amount of Stickers on this MS pisses me off.

I mean it's 2016, there shouldn't be this many deals to make it accurate!

Zeta
January 12, 2016, 9:41 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rnynxgQ_oAw/VooMih17JAI/AAAAAAAGI0M/MviWqfgtifs/s1600/barbatos%2Bform%2B4%2B%25282%2529.jpg

I swear ear the amount of Stickers on this MS pisses me off.

I mean it's 2016, there shouldn't be this many deals to make it accurate!

I'm not surprised that this kit has that many stickers. I'm more surprised that you didn't see it coming. The best explanation I can give you is that the amount of plastic needed to achieve that effect would have drive the price of the kit to RG levels. Another, but equally good explanation, is that the tolerances between parts would have too small to achieve with their CAD programs and molding techniques.

Zaku
January 12, 2016, 9:54 PM
i think bandai just assumes you are going to paint it.

NoZaku
January 13, 2016, 4:28 AM
i think bandai just assumes you are going to paint it.

Bandai assumes that I'm good enough to paint decently.

Which is kinda hard for me.

RileyWarfield
January 13, 2016, 7:50 AM
Oh where to start? How to start without rustling everyone's jimmies?

1: Most Gundam series are the same and many have the same flat and dull characters as the previous series. For example, the Wing boys and the Celestial Being boys are nearly the exact same characters.

2: Despite how bad a series is perceived before launch or even after. Every single one of you will watch it. A lot of you will say it is terrible, some of you will say you like it, but even more of you will say you hate it on the internet and in public, but in fact secretly like the series that is being bashed. When questioned if you actually like it you will vehemently deny you do.

3: Most of us hate the P-Bandai exclusives, and yet most of you will buy said exclusives that result in Bandai/Sunrise making even more kits exclusives in the future. Yes, we know you don't like that Altron EW was an exclusive. Just because you want doesn't mean you NEED it. Don't BUY the exclusives and tell Bandai that kits like the Altron EW SHOULDN'T be exclusives! This is what color variants of obscure characters are for.

4: Yes, both Kira and the series he comes from are bad. Badly written, and badly fleshed out that used far too much stock footage, mech designs, and even plotlines. That DOES NOT me you cannpt enjoy something that is bad. Enjoy it and be damned what everyone else says. And just because we think it is back, stop telling SEED fans that their series sucks. It doesn't make you right, nor does it make you cool. It makes you a jerk with a stick up your ass.

There, I have gotten something off of my needlessly large bosom. Have fun. -drops mic and walks off.-

Zeon's RedComet
January 13, 2016, 8:15 AM
On your second point, I'd agree on the point that most people are going to watch it, I'd say though less of it is a secret liking of something (the only people who are going to do that are sad people who need to hide their opinions to fit in with the masses, and while yeah that happens on the internet most people here seem pretty cool in the four going on five years I've been here) and them just wanting to discuss it (It's why I finished wing and destiny originally, everything else I watched to the end because I found some enjoyment out of it to some degree, and hell even with the series I wasn't fond of and finished I found some enjoyment somewhere or I wouldn't have done it). Personally as of late if there's something I'm not fond of, I just drop it, like I did with try (granted I did get though the majority of it, but it was mostly because I figured it could bounce back after a realitvely promising start) and now with IBO which I dropped at about episode 8, and at this point have no real intention of picking up again any time soon, if ever. (I've given episode nine a few tries and I just can't do it)

On the last one, personally I think a person can say a series they dislike as much as they want as long as they don't go after the fans personally, tons of people here and elsewhere tell me Greco blows chunks, hell on some of their points I agree, I still enjoy it, don't care if they tell me it sucks, and I'm pretty sure most, if not all SEED fans don't really give much of a crap if I, or anyone else say SEED sucks (Personally I think it's mediocre). That's where the issue lies, is Fanbase wars within the fanbase (With something as varied and long running as gundam is it's bound to happen and the fanbase isn't that bad to be honest some places) that is the issues, personal attacks and the such. Granted the reverse is true when you call someone stupid for not liking something they don't, I wouldn't generalize it as a detractors are at fault all of the time thing but on a case, by case basis. Allot of the contentious discussion I've had here at least has been quiet civil from both sides. Granted it's not the same everywhere, but it's the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Granted on my last point, if it's just unwarnted someone saying 'I'm a fan of X' and going 'WELL X F*** SUCKS!' then yeah that's uncalled for but saying you think X sucks in a discussion or someone asks your opinion (be they a fan or not) I say speak your mind even if your opinion isn't positive.

RileyWarfield
January 13, 2016, 8:30 AM
Normally, I agree; mostly because people who constantly bash SEED and it's sequel get a laugh out of me. But after awhile it gets on a person's nerves and admittedly, that's my fault and whoever else happens to be tired of it. As for GReco or IBO. I can't say anything about either because I haven't seen any of them. I tired to watch IBO, but I fell asleep during the first episode.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 13, 2016, 9:24 AM
*Hops on a soap box*
Krhmm
I admit, i'm one of those people who harps on Seed and Destiny a lot. However, i think everyone is entitled to have their opinions and preferences, so i at least try never to personally attack any one over their preferred taste (how poor it may be) in anime.

And all is not horrible even in Destiny. MS designs (for the most part), soundtrack, some of the fights and some of the characters where entertaining. These things are positives I will never hold against Destiny. Rest though......
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/5470900+_41c6f3c0f4fa160b6682a9ca76d5eb17.jpg

I rest my case.

*Steps down from the soap box*

RileyWarfield
January 13, 2016, 9:33 AM
*Hops on a soap box*
Krhmm
I admit, i'm one of those people who harps on Seed and Destiny a lot. However, i think everyone is entitled to have their opinions and preferences, so i at least try never to personally attack any one over their preferred taste (how poor it may be) in anime.

And all is not horrible even in Destiny. MS designs (for the most part), soundtrack, some of the fights and some of the characters where entertaining. These things are positives I will never hold against Destiny. Rest though......
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/5470900+_41c6f3c0f4fa160b6682a9ca76d5eb17.jpg

I rest my case.

*Steps down from the soap box*
I will admit. I got on my soap box. lol

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 13, 2016, 9:39 AM
I will admit. I got on my soap box. lol
Well, isn't that why this thread exists? kek

RileyWarfield
January 13, 2016, 9:45 AM
True, but I was only slightly angry. lol

Squee
January 13, 2016, 3:15 PM
Time to add a new comment to this thread for me lately;

While i think IBO is a good series, the main suit is just fugly to me.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
January 13, 2016, 3:49 PM
Don't worry Squee your not alone, IBO's machines in general are ugly as sin lol. I told a friend I'm waiting for the series artbook to come out, just to chop shop all the suits into pieces, and use them to design things that aren't hideous.

NoZaku
January 13, 2016, 4:31 PM
There, I have gotten something off of my needlessly large bosom. Have fun. -drops mic and walks off.-

You probably shouldn't have said that...Now you got me curious.

RileyWarfield
January 13, 2016, 4:48 PM
You probably shouldn't have said that...Now you got me curious.
That's more a dig at most artist who draw females with needlessly large chests. But, I don't really complain.

NoZaku
January 13, 2016, 5:21 PM
That's more a dig at most artist who draw females with needlessly large chests. But, I don't really complain.

Same here.

RileyWarfield
January 13, 2016, 5:50 PM
It does get old after a while. I'm looking at you Gundam DD. >_>

NoZaku
January 13, 2016, 6:02 PM
It does get old after a while. I'm looking at you Gundam DD. >_>

In never gets old, it's just not your fetish.

Zeon's RedComet
January 14, 2016, 1:20 AM
Idk if I ever did this one but imma say it I guess.

I've come to the realization with that as much as I've flirted with the idea of doing it finally, I'm probably never going to build gunpla, just don't have anywhere to display them and don't feel particularly driven to finally get into it.

Iris_Aznable
January 14, 2016, 1:48 AM
*climbs on riley's head to get on a higher spot for a fuss box*
I actually like some of IBOs designs. now the thing that pissed me off though was the gundam OO movie, it was not related to the series much and played out kind of like a horror anime for the first part. I just felt like they could have just left off at season 2 and let it be like that, they didnt need to bring aliens and sh**. while I admit it was kind of cool when I saw it, later I got a bit irritated.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk if I ever did this one but imma say it I guess.

I've come to the realization with that as much as I've flirted with the idea of doing it finally, I'm probably never going to build gunpla, just don't have anywhere to display them and don't feel particularly driven to finally get into it.

Zeon's RedComet
January 14, 2016, 5:44 AM
Nah.

I mean maybe sometime, but realistically, I doubt it's going to happen I've been into Gundam for years and really don't have much of an interest in it, just at least not with my current situation. And even then to be honest I'd be more inclined for figures I could just put up and display until an urge to finally invest time (and more importantly money that's the bigger BUT with me) into customizing kits.

Usually with gundam stuff I stick to games for what I collect and such.

Zeta
January 14, 2016, 7:15 AM
If you don't want to build Gunpla, that's fine. You could always try to collect the action figures that come out, like the Robot Damashii side MS figure that come every now and then. They even release obscure suits like the Geminass 01.

Zeon's RedComet
January 15, 2016, 3:49 AM
Yeah and that goes again back to my situation thing, I really don't have space to put any of it really.

Honestly I'd enjoy building the kits it isn't even that most of my lack of interest comes from a lack of spaceto be honest, as well as other hobbies taking my money/interest over it more than a lack of interest in building...if that makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Interest in figures comes from like you said more obscure things getting made. And even then allot of what I'd want isnt made for either or has dated stuff. (Ie vignha zirah, other late uc stuff, not that there isn't main stream stuff I wouldn't want I truthfully really, really want the g self assault pack)

- - - Updated - - -

Its like I may do it eventually but I thought about it last night and its like "wow the odds really are low."

NoZaku
January 15, 2016, 8:12 PM
Ok so I like ZZ Gundam, but lack of explanation hurts this series.

Most important events aren't explained:

How did Sayla save Judau's sister?
When did Sayla even get there?
Why didn't the colony that hit Dublin explode like the Sydney one?
When did Glemy start a Civil War?
How did he get so good at leading to get people to follow him?

Squee
January 19, 2016, 3:25 PM
The obsession with shiny and sparkly finishes that many newer modelers have just perplexes me. One of my favorite things to see is when they get over it and realize it looks good on some things, but not on EVERYTHING.

Iris_Aznable
January 19, 2016, 3:35 PM
That's why I'm torn between a metallic red or just a basic dark red for my kampfer amazing

Riah
January 19, 2016, 8:10 PM
If you don't want to build Gunpla, that's fine. You could always try to collect the action figures that come out, like the Robot Damashii side MS figure that come every now and then. They even release obscure suits like the Geminass 01.
My problem is less that I don't wanna build gunpla (I really do and I enjoy it a bunch), but rather that I'm the worst builder ever because EVERYTHING BREAKS.

Zeta
January 19, 2016, 8:17 PM
My problem is less that I don't wanna build gunpla (I really do and I enjoy it a bunch), but rather that I'm the worst builder ever because EVERYTHING BREAKS.

You'll get better with time, patience, and practice.

NoZaku
January 19, 2016, 10:19 PM
Losing parts is the worst ever.

Worst. Ever.

Zeta
January 19, 2016, 10:29 PM
Here, here.

RileyWarfield
January 23, 2016, 6:05 PM
I've never understood the hate or the heavy dislike of Katoki's redesigns get these days. Most of his redesigns are not actually that different then the old design. The ones that were really different were the Wing Gundams and that blame and be placed on Bandai/Sunrise wanting to sell more plastic. Katoki actually had to go back and redesign the old tv versions just to keep some continuity between the tv series and the OVA series.

Riah
January 23, 2016, 6:47 PM
I've never understood the hate or the heavy dislike of Katoki's redesigns get these days. Most of his redesigns are not actually that different then the old design. The ones that were really different were the Wing Gundams and that blame and be placed on Bandai/Sunrise wanting to sell more plastic. Katoki actually had to go back and redesign the old tv versions just to keep some continuity between the tv series and the OVA series.

I'm more mixed on Katoki than anything. For example, I think his Wing Zero having organic looking angel wings is very tacky and something that would only look right in G Gundam. Meanwhile, the Master Gundam is what I think is one of the most unique Gundam designs and one of my personal favorite mobile suits to have the name of Gundam. And he's just some mecha designer I don't know anything about, so I have no reason to hate him.

And, sure, his proportions are terrible but that's just most gundam designers and mecha in general because they have to be "heroic" for an aesthetic that isn't meant to be all super heroey and exaggerated or when the design isn't meant to be weird. Like, the Strike is horribly generic, but I'll grant it that the proportions are much more human-like than normal, which is great. Turn has great, "realistic" proportions too, but nobody else notices or cares because of the mustache.

Zeon's RedComet
January 23, 2016, 7:22 PM
Turn A is on of my favorite suits. I notice it but I mean not much of a reason to mention it allot just because its nicely proportioned.

RileyWarfield
January 23, 2016, 7:29 PM
I'm more mixed on Katoki than anything. For example, I think his Wing Zero having organic looking angel wings is very tacky and something that would only look right in G Gundam. Meanwhile, the Master Gundam is what I think is one of the most unique Gundam designs and one of my personal favorite mobile suits to have the name of Gundam. And he's just some mecha designer I don't know anything about, so I have no reason to hate him.

And, sure, his proportions are terrible but that's just most gundam designers and mecha in general because they have to be "heroic" for an aesthetic that isn't meant to be all super heroey and exaggerated or when the design isn't meant to be weird. Like, the Strike is horribly generic, but I'll grant it that the proportions are much more human-like than normal, which is great. Turn has great, "realistic" proportions too, but nobody else notices or cares because of the mustache.
I agree with you both. Turn A is a wonderful design. But I need to stress that I haven't seen anyone on this site say Katoki is horrible and should never be a mech designer. I have on seen someone state that the victory Gundam MG would have been a better kit if it followed the original line art. Which is ironic considering Katoki designed it the first place.

Zeta
January 23, 2016, 8:21 PM
I agree with you both. Turn A is a wonderful design. But I need to stress that I haven't seen anyone on this site say Katoki is horrible and should never be a mech designer. I have on seen someone state that the victory Gundam MG would have been a better kit if it followed the original line art. Which is ironic considering Katoki designed it the first place.

There are... a few "critics" (and I use that term loosely) on this site that don't carry any love for Katoki and his designs. The great thing about this though, they are few and far between and are just a very vocal minority.

Riah
January 23, 2016, 8:53 PM
Hehe, somebody hasn't run into Zeta G yet. Oh boy.

NoZaku
January 23, 2016, 8:55 PM
I hate being looked down upon for liking something that no one else does.
Even if they don't say it I know they do.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

Does it really make me so lacking of quality as a person by unironically like something for what it is? IS IT?!

Zeon's RedComet
January 23, 2016, 9:03 PM
Why give a crap about what other people think about what you like?

- - - Updated - - -

About the whole Katoki thing, I don't mind him, honestly every designer has their ups and downs, and I like the majority of his work, same with Okawara's though. That said I do think there are a few designers who I prefer a bit who have worked in Gundam but they do good work.

Personally I care more about the robots than who drew them.

NoZaku
January 23, 2016, 9:04 PM

Because I'm lonely as it is. And I've had enough people not like me in High School.

RileyWarfield
January 23, 2016, 9:29 PM
Because I'm lonely as it is. And I've had enough people not like me in High School.
I was still a furry in high school and I was made fun of for it. I just shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I feel comfortable admitting here now, because I have gotten to know some of the people here. You just need to carry yourself and move on. What other people say about you has no real baring on you. What matters is how you see yourself. Never change yourself for someone else's sake.

@Riah: I know this person you speak of. I'm not a fan.

Iris_Aznable
January 23, 2016, 11:55 PM
*pats Riley*

RileyWarfield
January 24, 2016, 12:13 AM
*pats Riley*
-looks at Iris and makes delighted shark noises.- Anyway, I got that off my chest. And no, my Katoki thing wasn't directed at anyone.

NoZaku
January 24, 2016, 12:32 AM
*pats Riley*

*Also pats Riley*

Iris_Aznable
January 24, 2016, 1:00 AM
*makes happy android noises* someone pat me too! XD

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 24, 2016, 2:53 PM

- - - Updated - - -

About the whole Katoki thing, I don't mind him, honestly every designer has their ups and downs, and I like the majority of his work, same with Okawara's though. That said I do think there are a few designers who I prefer a bit who have worked in Gundam but they do good work.

Personally I care more about the robots than who drew them.
This desu. I admit that I can get emotional and defensive about things I like, but I usually succumb to reason and move on. Getting mad if someone calls your favorite Cambodian cave paintings thrash is pretty silly when put on perspective.

Squee
January 24, 2016, 4:04 PM
I think Kawaguchi said it best. Katoki is a designer, not a modeler really. He makes these great looking kits (my opinion), but sometimes i don't think he takes physics into account when it comes to implementing the designs into plastic format. I'm looking at you MG V!

Zeon's RedComet
January 24, 2016, 4:41 PM
This desu. I admit that I can get emotional and defensive about things I like, but I usually succumb to reason and move on. Getting mad if someone calls your favorite Cambodian cave paintings thrash is pretty silly when put on perspective.

>Cambodian cave paintings

My sides have been dropped harder than operation British.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 24, 2016, 4:45 PM
>Cambodian cave paintings

My sides have been dropped harder than operation British.
>my sides
>dropped

Zaku
January 24, 2016, 5:22 PM
*makes happy android noises* someone pat me too! XD

*pats Iris*
there you go.

Exia
January 24, 2016, 10:30 PM

I would be one of those vocal few. I hope Katoki gets carpel tunnel and can never design anything again. His best work are grunt suits, whenever he touches a gundam it goes from "oh cool." to "oh....".

Iris_Aznable
January 24, 2016, 10:58 PM
You take that back!! I loved the Sazabi ver ka!

Zeta
January 24, 2016, 11:04 PM
^Except that the Sazabi wasn't originally designed by Katoki. I believe it was designed by either Yutaka Izubuchi or Mamoru Nagano.

Iris_Aznable
January 24, 2016, 11:19 PM
Ohhh. You mean the designs in the anime or something?

Zeta
January 24, 2016, 11:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think that Katoki is pretty good mecha designer. A lot of his original designs, like the Sinanju and the Unicorn Gundam, I find to be really good. However some his redesigns, like Wing Gundam EW version, can be... questionable at best.

Iris_Aznable
January 24, 2016, 11:39 PM
I gotcha. I was just thinking of the kit.

Zaku
January 25, 2016, 1:42 AM
Katoki original designs are for the most part AWESOMESAUCE!!!

Squee
January 31, 2016, 4:12 PM
It really bugs me when designs from different series are bashed together. Here is an example. Now in no way am i knocking the work put into this, it has some great modifications, but i can't see past the AoZ part on a strike.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/75/fa/98/75fa98fb1f047c6f0e5b733b65f3613c.jpg

Zeon's RedComet
January 31, 2016, 4:24 PM
Eh personally I like it.

I say why limit your self, that said I also understand where you're coming from at the same time, asmoften different design styles clash more than they blend.

Squee
January 31, 2016, 4:58 PM
Yea it can work sometimes but like for that example. The individual halves are painted in colors that show the separation of designs. Maybe if the kit was painted in a completely new color scheme to hide the integration, it wouldn't bother me as much.

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
January 31, 2016, 5:16 PM
Please write a main cast of characters I can get behind. Please.

I can't stand these whiny, dipshit kids that end up piloting the titular Gundams. I've voiced my disdain for Kamille, and also for Kou, but frankly this seems to be a blight on the whole franchise.

Heero has all the personality of a recycling bin and just wants to die at the drop of a hat.

Kamille needs to take a chill pill and learn that people are jerks and words are words - yeah they can hurt but why give a toss about what people think of your name? If they're the kind of person to pick an easy thing like that to mock about you, they aren't very interesting and aren't worth concerning yourself with, anyway.

I can't even remember anything about the characters from Seed and that is the absolute worst crime you can commit in writing your main cast. In Seed's defense, I never finished the series, but this is because it was just a clusterfart of things happening while somehow simultaneously NOTHING happened. THEN OMG GUNDAMS and it emerges pretty quickly that this show really just wanted to sell model kits over tell a story. Maybe it got better, I dunno. It couldn't keep my attention and I was struggling to become invested in any of the characters so I dropped it.

00. 00 had promise, but then that thing with the massacre at a party or whatever happened and I started to get this inkling that maybe the story was more based around shock value than credibility. The main characters, to my memory, were basically terrorists or so they were perceived in-world, and it all just reeked of this forced "look how edgy we went with this show" stink. Like, I get it. Broken lady massacred a party full of people with her mobile suit. Great. The protagonists are actually antagonists. Wow, groundbreaking. Never seen that before (War in the Pocket, which actually does the very best job of not coming across as presenting one side or the other as "the bad guy" and offering the viewer a chance to view the war objectively). I tried so hard to like this show, but I couldn't get past how edgy it was trying to be. It was like a highschool kid in the 90s who just discovered Hot Topic. The cringe was palpable.

Also 900 variants of things. I know my precious Gelgoog and Zaku are guilty of this, but in their defense they seem more practical than to just sell a model kit. SEED I cannot forgive for this. AILE STRIKE SWORD STRIKE STRIKE FREEDOM STRIKE DIVORCE LAWYER STRIKE VENDING MACHINE STRIKE WITH MORE FINS ON IT STRIKE WITH A BIG EFFING SWORD STRIKE WITH A BIG EFFING GUN

COME ON. Even in Wing they were able to just go, "Here's a new version of your already god-tier mobile suit, now you can do anything with it". No. Strike needs 500 slightly different versions and they all need to be fully-fledged model kits with full retail price tags and the show will be nothing more than a vehicle to produce situations where we can explain the need for a new upgrade to Strike so we can make a new model kit out of it.

I like your models, Bandai. You don't have to force it so hard.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 31, 2016, 5:26 PM
Please write a main cast of characters I can get behind. Please.

I can't stand these whiny, dipshit kids that end up piloting the titular Gundams. I've voiced my disdain for Kamille, and also for Kou, but frankly this seems to be a blight on the whole franchise.

Heero has all the personality of a recycling bin and just wants to die at the drop of a hat.

Kamille needs to take a chill pill and learn that people are jerks and words are words - yeah they can hurt but why give a toss about what people think of your name? If they're the kind of person to pick an easy thing like that to mock about you, they aren't very interesting and aren't worth concerning yourself with, anyway.

I can't even remember anything about the characters from Seed and that is the absolute worst crime you can commit in writing your main cast. In Seed's defense, I never finished the series, but this is because it was just a clusterfart of things happening while somehow simultaneously NOTHING was happened. THEN OMG GUNDAMS and it emerges pretty quickly that this show really just wanted to sell model kits over tell a story. Maybe it got better, I dunno. It couldn't keep my attention and I was struggling to become invested in any of the characters so I dropped it.

00. 00 had promise, but then that thing with the massacre at a party or whatever happened and I started to get this inkling that maybe the story was more based around shock value than credibility. The main characters, to my memory, were basically terrorists or so they were perceived in-world, and it all just reeked of this forced "look how edgy we went with this show" stink. Like, I get it. Broken lady massacred a party full of people with her mobile suit. Great. The protagonists are actually antagonists. Wow, groundbreaking. Never seen that before (War in the Pocket, which actually does the very best job of not coming as presenting one side or the other as "the bad guy" and offering the viewer a chance to view the war objectively). I tried so hard to like this show, but I couldn't get past how edgy it was trying to be. It was like a highschool kid in the 90s who just discovered Hot Topic. The cringe was palpable.

Also 900 variants of things. I know my precious Gelgoog and Zaku are guilty of this, but in their defense they seem more practical than to just sell a model kit. SEED I cannot forgive for this. AILE STRIKE SWORD STRIKE STRIKE FREEDOM STRIKE DIVORCE LAWYER STRIKE VENDING MACHINE STRIKE WITH MORE FINS ON IT STRIKE WITH A BIG EFFING SWORD STRIKE WITH A BIG EFFING GUN

COME ON. Even in Wing they were able to just go, "Here's a new version of your already god-tier mobile suit, now you can do anything with it". No. Strike needs 500 slightly different versions and they all need to be fully-fledged model kits with full retail price tags and the show will be nothing more than a vehicle to produce situations where we cna explain the need for a new upgrade to Strike so we can make a new model kit out of it.

I like your models, Bandai. You don't have to force it so hard.
Strike isn't that bad to be honest. Aile, Sword, Launcher and IWSP are equipment packs that have their purpose with in the show. Plus they aren't one hit wonders, unlike Freedoms lock on system, but actually produced for more than one unit.

If you want variants done for really no purpose other than to sell out: G-Self. Granted it didn't work but intent is there. The one lead Gundam had five or six different variants.

Also:

>Shows made to sell merchandise
>not milking the cash with 700 different variants

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
January 31, 2016, 5:32 PM
Haha, you got me there. The series as a whole may be a big toy commercial, but if that is indeed the intent, then they accidentally told great stories with War in the Pocket and Turn A. Even some of the shows I rant about have great stories to them, just with some crap-all characters smeared on top. I think what happened is that every now and then they get a really good writer and the show ends up being great on it's own without needing merchandise to help bulk out the fanbase and then people like me come along and hold up the whole franchise against this one good series within it and say, "They should all be like this! This is the standard they should strive for!"

Honestly, I just take my big robot shows too seriously. Can you blame me, though? Sometimes the writing and presentation hit it right out of the park, and you get so wrapped up in how genuinely good it was that you get frustrated and disappointed when you're reminded that at it's base, this show is supposed to sell toys.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 31, 2016, 5:36 PM
Haha, you got me there. The series as a whole may be a big toy commercial, but if that is indeed the intent, then they accidentally told great stories with War in the Pocket and The 08th MS Team. Even some of the shows I rant about have great stories to them, just with some crap-all characters smeared on top. I think what happened is that every now and then they get a really good writer and the show ends up being great on it's own without needing merchandise to help bulk out the fanbase and then people like me come along and hold up the whole franchise against this one good series within it and say, "They should all be like this! This is the standard they should strive for!"

Honestly, I just take my big robot shows too seriously. Can you blame me, though? Sometimes the writing and presentation hit it right out of the park, and you get so wrapped up in how genuinely good it was that you get frustrated and disappointed when you're reminded that at it's base, this show is supposed to sell toys.
Yes, we all take our Laotian finger paintings too seriously some times. But usually reason wins out.

And though something is made to promote merchandise, it can have competent writing and characters.

NoZaku
January 31, 2016, 5:39 PM
Why couldn't the Gusion Rebake 1/144 model be better?!:mad:

Zeta
January 31, 2016, 5:39 PM
Kamille isn't that bad; in fact, he chills out by about episode 13. Ever noticed that he doesn't get "corrected" past his encounter with Wong (outside of episode 22 when he returns to the Argama). The only time he get emotionally riled up is when he either faces Paptimus Scirocco or Yazan Gable.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 31, 2016, 5:40 PM
Why couldn't the Gusion Rebake 1/144 model be better?!:mad:
Because they want you to buy the 1/100 one with the original Pepe.

Zeon's RedComet
January 31, 2016, 5:41 PM
Strike isn't that bad to be honest. Aile, Sword, Launcher and IWSP are equipment packs that have their purpose with in the show. Plus they aren't one hit wonders, unlike Freedoms lock on system, but actually produced for more than one unit.

If you want variants done for really no purpose other than to sell out: G-Self. Granted it didn't work but intent is there. The one lead Gundam had five or six different variants.

Also:

>Shows made to sell merchandise
>not milking the cash with 700 different variants

HG Tricky Pack Never

Feels bad. Hell the main reason I'm still thinking about gunpla and getting into it is the assault pack g-self. I just have nowhere to build it besides the computer desk which has no space. (No kitchen table)

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
January 31, 2016, 5:49 PM
> And though something is made to promote merchandise, it can have competent writing and characters.

Fair point!

Kamille isn't that bad; in fact, he chills out by about episode 13. Ever noticed that he doesn't get "corrected" past his encounter with Wong (outside of episode 22 when he returns to the Argama). The only time he get emotionally riled up is when he either faces Paptimus Scirocco or Yazan Gable.
Yeah, I really need to stop complaining about him, and continue the series. I'm caught up building right now, but I should probably stop complaining about a character I need to see develop before I can fairly assess them.

Zeon's RedComet
January 31, 2016, 6:06 PM

This gotta get the fan gold.

The whole gundam frame gimmick was kind of genius hell if they want to, they can not only milk variants of the suits with minor upgrades in the show (Barbados is to shoulders as the strike and g self are to packs jks) and then not only that but if they want to they can get the design team cracking on 72 of the damn things for msvs. Doubt wed see that many kits though.

Not that I'd argue I do want to see more of them, even if some names will get confusing (Phenex, belaphagor, virsago, and ashatron are all names dirived from the are goetia as well and used on suits from the UC and AW respectively) but seeing as designs are the one thing I've been liking about IBO I won't really complain seeing some msv gundams and graze stuff my self drawings and other wise.

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
January 31, 2016, 6:15 PM
That's another good point - I don't think it's a bad thing to make variants and sell kits. I love these kits, we all do. No one is forcing us to buy them. My problem is that I really like the excellent shows that do come out of the Gundam universe, and it's an unfortunate side-effect when you watch a show and see something happen that you just know was nothing more than an excuse to make another model kit.

Making the model kit is not bad. Making money off the model kit is not bad. Compromising good storytelling to sell a toy is not by any means evil but it gets my fancy Zeon knickers in a twist.

NoZaku
January 31, 2016, 6:17 PM

Well it's working I'll give them that...

Zeon's RedComet
January 31, 2016, 6:21 PM
Least its better than no kit, and I'm sure you'll find a use for the pepe parts eventually.

Squee
January 31, 2016, 6:25 PM
Its a 1/144 kit with alot of detail/colors. Its expected at this point :/

NoZaku
January 31, 2016, 10:39 PM
Its a 1/144 kit with alot of detail/colors. Its expected at this point :/

Yeah but even for a HG this one is pretty lacking.

Least its better than no kit, and I'm sure you'll find a use for the pepe parts eventually.

I'm only going 1/100 on Gusion Rebake. Feels like I deserve to have the best of this guy that I can get.

Zeon's RedComet
January 31, 2016, 11:07 PM
Oh I thought it came in a double pack or some such.

NoZaku
January 31, 2016, 11:37 PM
Oh I thought it came in a double pack or some such.

Yeah I heard something about that too, but I'm not really sure what it entails or if it's even true.

Iris_Aznable
January 31, 2016, 11:41 PM
We will find out soon enough I guess lol.

Zeon's RedComet
February 1, 2016, 1:28 PM
You know, I like Turn A.

But damn I think the Black History is, well it's okay on the surface, but the notion of needing to connect all of the gundam universes (when its both A Uneeded and B. doesn't really work in any logical sense aside from LOL some of it was fiction in that universe and they emulated it) is just IMO stupid. Tomino's worst mistake, should of just been really late UC like Greco was presented (Even though it was post Turn A) and have just went with the black history being a really shitty time sometime post victory and post the Turn's battling. Especially since aside from like one Cameo of wing, and NUNE mentioned on one screen once...no other Gundam series has that big of an effect on it. I mean maybe it'd be better if it was executed better, but even then it's really unneeded save the crossover stuff for games. Just wasn't needed and didn't enrich any of the universes because of it.

TL;DR The whole merger thing was never needed. Hell CC could have been it's own thing if not for Zakus and shit.

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
February 1, 2016, 2:03 PM
I agree, and I feel it could have benefited from just following the UC timeline, just set faaaaaaaaaaaarrrr in the future. Maybe pull a Gundam X and have the OYW end differently (as in very badly). But to me it was really all just story fluff. I mean aside from some images on a screen, the only connection to any series were the UC mobile suits. For that reason I don't give it much thought, but honestly yeah, it's a little silly. I read somewhere that Tomino wanted to stick it to Bandai and I'm not sure if Turn A was his chosen medium to do so, but it certainly seems that way with a polarizing decision like merging every universe or having a westerner design the mobile suits.

All that said, Turn A is a high-ranking favorite among my Gundam series. It's quirky here and there, but it all adds to the charm, I think.

Zeon's RedComet
February 1, 2016, 2:25 PM
Yeah it was just fluff, and I still love Turn A, one of my favorites as well, it's just something that popped into my head because of /m/ so figured I'd just spew thoughts in the rant thread lol.

NoZaku
February 1, 2016, 8:56 PM
Can we have a Gundam/Gunpla convention in the states please?

Please?

PaladinGundam
February 1, 2016, 10:05 PM
Okay uh...it's been way too long. I'm glad I'm back on the forums.

Anyway uuuuh...

I want another asshole protagonist. Not ever protagonist should be some goody good.

Writer scarier women. Go crazy and make something like Katejina or make more of a female Char clone.

Riah
February 1, 2016, 10:24 PM

Anyway uuuuh...

I want another asshole protagonist. Not ever protagonist should be some goody good.

Writer scarier women. Go crazy and make something like Katejina or make more of a female Char clone.

Aren't asshole protags the DEFAULT in Gundam though? Or at least pretty darn close. They're one of the go tos.

Kamille, Judau, Heero, Garrod, Kira, Shin, Mika. Gundam is already full of selfish brats, unfeeling soldiers, and bloodthirsty bastards. Hell, I'd even argue that Amuro could easily be interpreted as an asshole.

NoZaku
February 1, 2016, 10:25 PM
I want Riah to change her username to Riah Monday.

Riah
February 1, 2016, 10:30 PM
I want Riah to change her username to Riah Monday.
I already tried (well not to the Monday thing), but yeah, you can't change your usename. Already mentioned before but I figured out later that Riah is apparently a Hebrew male first name too and not just the name of the space colony in 0080. So I kinda regret it and want it changed.

NoZaku
February 1, 2016, 10:36 PM
I already tried (well not to the Monday thing), but yeah, you can't change your usename. Already mentioned before but I figured out later that Riah is apparently a Hebrew male first name too and not just the name of the space colony in 0080. So I kinda regret it and want it changed.

I know, but still I'd like to see you with it since I know your a fan or Reconguista.

Squee
February 1, 2016, 11:18 PM

Anyway uuuuh...

Watch Thunderbolt.

NoZaku
February 2, 2016, 12:05 AM
Watch Thunderbolt.

Yes go watch it, it will be the best half hour of your day.

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
February 6, 2016, 7:14 AM
TWO HOURS of build time lost, all because I was trying to assemble my Gelgoog Char ver's left pinky and the finger tip pinged out of my hand and landed on my carpeted floor.

TWO FEDDING HOURS.

http://i.imgur.com/bFDcTt3.png

PS: I also have stupidly poor vision in my right eye so searching for needles in haystacks causes me intense eye strain and headaches. Found it, though, so hoorah!

- - - Updated - - -

I JUST DID IT AGAIN WITH THE OTHER HAND. I JUST LITERALLY DID IT AGAIN. I AM GOING TO CRY

EDIT AGAIN: OMG I FOUND IT MY NERVES ARE SHOT TIME TO GO TO BED

Dom Tropen MS-09D
February 6, 2016, 7:31 AM
TWO HOURS of build time lost, all because I was trying to assemble my Gelgoog Char ver's left pinky and the finger tip pinged out of my hand and landed on my carpeted floor.

TWO FEDDING HOURS.

http://i.imgur.com/bFDcTt3.png

PS: I also have stupidly poor vision in my right eye so searching for needles in haystacks causes me intense eye strain and headaches. Found it, though, so hoorah!

- - - Updated - - -

I JUST DID IT AGAIN WITH THE OTHER HAND. I JUST LITERALLY DID IT AGAIN. I AM GOING TO CRY

EDIT AGAIN: OMG I FOUND IT MY NERVES ARE SHOT TIME TO GO TO BED
This. Those tiny ass finger parts piss me off (especially they are as small as Hobby Bases articulated links). Screw em.

Rxslinger
February 6, 2016, 11:59 PM
This. Those tiny ass finger parts piss me off (especially they are as small as Hobby Bases articulated links). Screw em.

Man I know the feeling. Look on the bright side at least it wasn't one of the tubes to the zaku/giuf power cables. Those are a b&%$# to find in the carpet.

Zaku
February 7, 2016, 1:54 AM
Oh hey. I see you disconnected my power pipe for just a second. ....

BOOM POWER PIPE BEADS FLY EVERYWHERE.

The me 2.0 is much better about this though lol.

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
February 7, 2016, 3:54 AM
I'm avoiding that altogther. I have these coming for my Ridden 2.0:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111296164142?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Rxslinger
February 7, 2016, 4:11 AM
I'm avoiding that altogther. I have these coming for my Ridden 2.0:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111296164142?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have some for my shin matsunaga zaku. You still have to be careful not to lose them. I drop a size s and took me a half a hour to find it in the carpet. The only thing worse is losing a led. Make sure you ordered enough for you kit. I still need to order some more for tother projects.

Riah
February 7, 2016, 6:42 AM
Polycaps and other grey parts are pretty bad for me too since that color makes up most of my carpet, so I understand the frustration. The parts end up blending in with the carpet. If I don't have my glasses, it is even worse since I am very near sighted.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
February 7, 2016, 8:17 AM
Seriously, I have to ask, how in the hell do you all keep losing parts? I *knocks on wood* have never lost a part, but I also limit myself to cutting out only what is needed, and putting the part in the empty half of the box till it is put together.

Riah
February 7, 2016, 8:28 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but when you're popping things outs of the trays, or push a piece on to hard, or use the kind of nips that require a bit of force, or just plain just things wrong with the knife...

pieces can fly.

Basically, accidents happen.

Cmdr Jesse Reiger
February 7, 2016, 8:37 AM
When a piece is the size of my pinkie cuticle and it requires force to snap into place, sometimes it isn't the easiest thing to hold onto when it slips.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
February 7, 2016, 9:23 AM
May I make a silly suggestion? Try picking up a pack of Gallon size Ziplock type bags? It'll limit the direction of the force of the flying part, and leave it stuck in the bag so you don't have to go searching for it.

Squee
February 7, 2016, 9:27 AM
^This wouldn't help when you're taking a kit apart. To remove parts, often force is needed. I have a nice area dedicated to building but parts still fall when trying to put stuff together. I saw an interesting idea for a tool bench, kind of want to try it for my area. Mind you, this is huge, but something similar might be a good idea.

Face Mcshooty
March 18, 2016, 11:02 AM
People should be able to own midgets as pets!!!!

Bandai needs to start sending Americans replacement parts

That "gunplay is freedom" phrase is so bad it gave me cancer

extend
March 21, 2016, 9:08 AM
Looks like I'll get grilled with my thoughts.

1. While I like Zeta Gundam (the mobile suit) a lot, I really find its design to be silly. The mobile suit is just a chunk of moving metal parts with no real actual generator inside. (Yeah. It feeds upon the souls of dead.)

2. The ending of the movie Char's Counterattack is terrible and lazy.

3. I really dislike Haman.

Efreet_masterrace
March 24, 2016, 3:05 AM
1 00 was mediocre
2 I like victory
3 I fucking hated g gundam

DesertTiger
March 24, 2016, 7:39 AM
99% of my lost parts are my own lazy ass fault. I tend to cut all the pieces needed for a part off, then slowly denub. Often times that involves me leaving it on my desk for extend periods of times. During which my cat decides to embrace her inner cat and come and knock them off my desk. Then the pieces that are knocked off are lost in the dark hairy husky fur abyss that is the space under my desk and bed. I've broken many a piece too. The horn on my Kampfer is currently broken and I need to track down a replacement....or try to figure out a way to work with what I got left.

Squee
March 26, 2016, 7:01 PM
When people need their hands held for every step of the build process. Guy on Fb asks literally every step of the way. I just bought this, is it good? How do i use it? Does it need thinning?

I respond with technical document links for the products showing exactly how the company suggests using it.

His response. I can't read all that.

I even linked Funaka's complete how to build from start to finish. You wouldn't even have to read the whole thing, just skim it.

I don't get this "gimme now" attitude. Does no one try to learn on their own through trial and error anymore?

And the best is when he responds to others questions giving advice, when he has barely attempted it himself.

Just one guy out of many of the "new breed" who just doesn't want to learn by doing basic internet searching.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
March 26, 2016, 7:33 PM
I think Wing Zero EW Is gorgeous.
>inb4 le silly angel wings
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/7097dd9e23769d44c21579d7a18f7e7a.jpg
Screw you its perfect.

Zeon's RedComet
March 26, 2016, 7:53 PM
I think Wing Zero EW Is gorgeous.
>inb4 le silly angel wings
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160326/7097dd9e23769d44c21579d7a18f7e7a.jpg
Screw you its perfect.

IMO it'd look better with Wing Ver Ka.s paint scheme.

Silly molting aside I don't mind it TBH. One of the first suits I learned in EXVS so it's grown on me.

DesertTiger
March 26, 2016, 8:07 PM
I even linked Funaka's complete how to build from start to finish. You wouldn't even have to read the whole thing, just skim it.

Hadn't seen this before this post....so much information for a new person. Wish I'd seen it before.

Squee
March 26, 2016, 8:18 PM
I also love the WZC. Haters can hate all they want. Its a animated robot. I remember the manga shorts between the series and the movie, where Hero said he did it because he had an idea lol

The idea that the wings are unrealistic, but then people like kits like the V2 and any other suit with beam wings... Yea THAT makes more sense LMAO

NoZaku
March 26, 2016, 9:21 PM
I'm still seeing people complain about Gundam Unicorn...

Also what happened to AGE, did we all just erase it from our minds and history?

Rxslinger
March 26, 2016, 9:40 PM
When people need their hands held for every step of the build process. Guy on Fb asks literally every step of the way. I just bought this, is it good? How do i use it? Does it need thinning?

I respond with technical document links for the products showing exactly how the company suggests using it.

His response. I can't read all that.

I don't get this "gimme now" attitude. Does no one try to learn on their own through trial and error anymore?

And the best is when he responds to others questions giving advice, when he has barely attempted it himself.

Just one guy out of many of the "new breed" who just doesn't want to learn by doing basic internet searching.

I hate to tell you Squee but that is how majority of the people in their 20's are now.

DesertTiger
March 26, 2016, 9:50 PM
I hate to tell you Squee but that is how majority of the people in their 20's are now.

Bernie Bernie Bernie Bernie....*facepalm*

Squee
March 26, 2016, 9:57 PM

Yea, as a 30+ year old who just recently finished my Bachelors, i've seen how bad its become.

Bernie Bernie Bernie Bernie....*facepalm*

Lets keep politics out of it lol

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
March 26, 2016, 11:12 PM
I REALLY HATE how UC elitist view some of the newer series's fans like this:

http://i.imgur.com/4asMx3z.jpg

(i.e. They UC elitists are the top ranks and IBO and G-Reco fans are as retarded as monkeys)

Iris_Aznable
March 26, 2016, 11:21 PM
Who the fuck is this cockroach eyebrows girl named Dorothy in Wing.

DesertTiger
March 26, 2016, 11:40 PM
Who the fuck is this cockroach eyebrows girl named Dorothy in Wing.

You win the day good Sir.

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
March 26, 2016, 11:48 PM

(i.e. They UC elitists are the top ranks and IBO and G-Reco fans are as retarded as monkeys)

Shoot Ryuuoh they have been doing that for well over a decade. I still remember them crying that Turn A made Wing related to UC.

Zeon's RedComet
March 26, 2016, 11:54 PM

This pic=/m/ in a nut shell right now.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
March 27, 2016, 1:23 AM

Most of those people aren't even UC fans, just ass####s whole feed of others misery, like the petty morons they are.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
March 27, 2016, 1:26 AM

Silly molting aside I don't mind it TBH. One of the first suits I learned in EXVS so it's grown on me.
I'd just add the red under the eyes and grey to the shoulders. It would be flawless then.

extend
March 29, 2016, 7:26 AM

For me, I prefer this more than the Wing Ver Ka's paint scheme. Ver Ka's a bit colorful for me. It's much more simpler and easier to look at. That's just me.

mythos-018
March 29, 2016, 9:14 AM
I also love the WZC. Haters can hate all they want. Its a animated robot. I remember the manga shorts between the series and the movie, where Hero said he did it because he had an idea lol

The idea that the wings are unrealistic, but then people like kits like the V2 and any other suit with beam wings... Yea THAT makes more sense LMAO

I actually like both concepts...wait...is that weird?

Another thing...I like how GN particles work in 00.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still seeing people complain about Gundam Unicorn...

Also what happened to AGE, did we all just erase it from our minds and history?

I am still re-watching both of these...extensively. Why do people hate these so much? Why hate on anything Gundam in the first place? Shouldn't we just appreciate the fact that we have this hobby and the people behind it are doing everything they can to stay afloat in the industry? Just imagine if these same people got tired of all the pointless hate directed toward them and the entire Gundam franchise disappeared...MY GOD, WHAT THEN?!

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but still I'd like to see you with it since I know your a fan or Reconguista.

Yay! Another one. I loved it too. Sorry haters...

Machine
April 12, 2016, 5:32 AM
Why do so many Gundam series have romantic subplots--why!? They're just not enjoyable imo I came for fictional politics, cool robots, and occasional angst, not romance :mad:

jackofspades
April 12, 2016, 10:04 AM
^because gundams are piloted by humans and love is what makes us human instead of being artificial intelligence or mindless zombies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darzer
April 12, 2016, 8:40 PM
Why do so many Gundam series have romantic subplots--why!? They're just not enjoyable imo I came for fictional politics, cool robots, and occasional angst, not romance :mad:

I thought it was because it was a wardrama, hell, you had guys back in WWII escape prison camps just to go get laid. So I think it's okay to have the during war.

Iris_Aznable
April 24, 2016, 9:25 PM
I fucking hate this Hi Nu Vrabe I have...dunno what I wanna do with it. The blue color is awful and some of the design is too lol.

Darzer
April 24, 2016, 11:22 PM
I fucking hate this Hi Nu Vrabe I have...dunno what I wanna do with it. The blue color is awful and some of the design is too lol.

New paint scheme and kitbash that thing till it looks good.

AmbientAce
April 28, 2016, 12:18 PM
The original art for the Gundam in 0079 is fucking awful.

Most main character Gundams are unoriginal and boring.

The classic Gundam red-white-blue-gold color scheme is also fucking awful.

Beam weapons are waaaaaaaay overused and get boring eventually. (Oh, look, another beam rifle that's shaped slightly different from the last one but works exactly the same.)

I really hate the fact that most Gundam main characters are younger than 18.

gundammonkey
May 1, 2016, 5:29 PM
Kind of tired of people always talking about what character did this and who did that. To be honest thus is how I watch a Gundam show. They are talking bla bla bla (fast forward).... Ooo Gundam watch show, crap they are talking again fast forward.... Gundam fight!!!!. As for the characters all I know is Char and amaro.

RileyWarfield
May 11, 2016, 11:52 PM
Still wondering why people want both an MG Nightingale and MG Kshatriya. Do people really want to pay $200 or more on something that will basically be a brick?

Darzer
May 11, 2016, 11:58 PM
Still wondering why people want both an MG Nightingale and MG Kshatriya? Do people really want to pay $200 or more on something that will basically be a brick?

If it would be possible to beat someone to death with it for breaking in my house and it stay in one piece...then yes.

Zeta
May 12, 2016, 12:03 AM
Still wondering why people want both an MG Nightingale and MG Kshatriya. Do people really want to pay $200 or more on something that will basically be a brick?

Some people are just uber-obsessive engineering fanatics that are in love with the amount of engineering and detail that Bandai puts into their Master Grade line.

Rxslinger
May 12, 2016, 12:36 AM
Some people are just uber-obsessive engineering fanatics that are in love with the amount of engineering and detail that Bandai puts into their Master Grade line.

I'm one of those people but I wouldn't spend $200 on a mg Kshatriya. I wouldn't even buy the 1/100 resin kit at that price. There's a point where things become unpractical but it sure would be a amazing kit to see.

Squee
May 12, 2016, 1:16 AM
I think if you pay all your bills, take care of all your responsibilities, you can spend your money on whatever you want.

When someone says "i called it about_____" as if they were the only person who thought about that in a thread. Its something so small but it irks the heck out of me.

Zaku
May 12, 2016, 1:29 AM

i am also one of these people. and even at that price the only thing that would keep me from buying a MG kyshatriya is if it were a complete brick. now if it had problems standing without a base i could forgive it. but if once you get it in the air and it could keep those binders anywhere you put it and keep its legs and arms anywhere you put them. and was anime accurate in proportion and general looks. and maybe throw in a effect part set of clear plastic pieces to let those funnels get airborne then id happily pay 200 bucks for it. its not like they are ever going to do a PG kit of it. so yea id buy one.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
May 12, 2016, 1:34 AM
In general the "I want them only to release kits I want, REEEEE!" crowd pisses me off.

Also:
>kits from 2007
>ancient
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160512/76be7d17131db9af3704dc1718de4cb2.jpg

jackofspades
May 12, 2016, 2:26 AM
When someone says "i called it about_____" as if they were the only person who thought about that in a thread. Its something so small but it irks the heck out of me.

Apparently, a lot of people seems to be doing it, lol.

RileyWarfield
May 12, 2016, 2:27 AM
I love the engineering that Bandai puts in all of the kits that they produce. And Squee, I understand your point, I do. I understand everyone's points, truthfully. It just really annoyed me that the loudest people balked or hated the idea that the Nightingale was a RE/100 and not a Master Grade. My thoughts were, "At last Bandai is making one and in at a reasonable price point."

Zeta-G
May 12, 2016, 3:17 AM
I'd happily drop a couple hundred for a MG Kshatriya. Nightingale is nice, but I'd have to see the finished product first... Yeah, who am I kidding? :D

As for getting something off my chest, I hate that Bandai keeps giving us AU crap aimed at a younger audience rather than Gundam's traditional audience, despite the fact that Unicorn (and other UC stuff) is a moneymaking monster that is richer and deeper than any of these one and done AUs could ever hope to be. It's not to say that AUs are inherently bad or that they are all the same quality (they most certainly are not), but since they tend to just be thinly disguised rehashes/remixes of the same stuff (usually 0079 or Zeta), there's not much there for longtime fans.

UC on the other hand is a fully realized universe with history and continuity. That history gives the Universal Century timeline a depth and richness that the one and done AUs could never hope to match. At the same time, the various UC series are generally structured well enough to be able to stand alone from one another (with few exceptions such as CCA). Basically, you don't need to have seen 0079, Zeta, ZZ, or CCA to enjoy Unicorn. It is an entertaining and complete work on its own, but, at the same time, longtime fans who have seen those entries in the franchise are rewarded for their loyalty with additional layers of story/world building.

This worldbuilding is something that the one and done AUs by their very nature cannot hope to match without giving up the one and done model that AU production system is built on. It's not an accident that the AU that followed the UC model the closest (SEED) is unquestionably the most successful/popular Gundam universe after UC itself. 00 was made as an AU because the director himself admitted that he was too lazy to put in the effort to make a UC show (or even a SEED show) when asked by Sunrise to do so. That alone should damn the AU concept.

To me a better model would be to make the practice of creating quality UC shows the norm. Make it so AUs are the exception rather than the rule. This way they only get made when they have something unique and/or meaningful to contribute that cannot fit into UC comfortably. G is a good example of this. It's nothing like UC on the surface; it's a celebration of the genre UC broke away from, while still containing several notable UC tropes/themes/motifs, albeit sometimes repackaged in unconventional ways. Similarly, Gunpla Builders and (the good parts of) Build Fighters celebrate the Gunpla and fandom spawned by the franchise UC built. These are good examples of series that can only be made as AUs. Series like Wing, SEED, 00 (clumsy movie aside), AGE, and IBO contribute nothing in the way of new ideas that wouldn't work better within in the context of the UC's rich, established universe.

Basically what I'm saying is that well crafted, independent, but interconnected UC stories should be the production priority of Sunrise/Bandai, and that well made AUs should only be produced sparingly, so that when they are made, they add true variety and uniqueness to the franchise. A break from the norm, if you will. But the norm should still be steady, reliable, interconnected UC, the timeline that gave birth to the Gundam franchise and the real robot genre as a whole.

To use an analogy, you would never get a show as rich as Game of Thrones, if every new season basically reset everything and just retold Seasons 1 and/or 2 with slightly different characters/factions/territories/weapons. GoT's strength is that the story is built up and made richer and more complex season by season. I'm not however asserting that UC is exactly like GoT structurally. GoT is designed to be a finite series with a definitive beginning and end, which means it can afford to make earlier seasons mandatory viewing. Gundam is an ongoing franchise that's been in production off and on for nearly 40 years with no end in sight; it needs easy points of entry (and exit) while still hopefully adding richness to the existing narrative with new works, and this is where UC shines. The entry/exit points are the individual series, which each focus on a specific conflict/war, and these individual stories/conflicts add up to tell the history of a world. Things/characters/events from previous entries can influence and/or crossover to later series/conflicts, but those later stories/conflicts are still allowed to stand on their own. This structure basically allows the UC to walk the line between heavily serialized (GoT) and completely standalone (AUs), which both allows UC to have most of the benefits of the two storytelling models discussed, as well as shields UC from most of the weaknesses of the two conflicting approaches (serialized and standalone). Zeta doesn't need 0079 to work/be understood, but having the events of 0079 in Zeta's past, allows Zeta to be a better and more interesting show by giving it more context. Similarly, 0079 doesn't need Zeta to work, but Zeta is able to make the events & characters of 0079 more interesting/significant by building on them and showing what effect 0079 would have on the future of UC. Basically, by being able to combine serialized and standalone storytelling, UC gets to have its cake and eat it too.

Anyway, that's what I wanted to get off my chest. It frustrates/annoys/angers me that Bandai/Sunrise is not using UC to its fullest potential and that B/S is content with merely toying with UC's potential instead.

Squee
May 12, 2016, 3:27 AM
I love the engineering that Bandai puts in all of the kits that they produce. And Squee, I understand your point, I do. I understand everyone's points, truthfully. It just really annoyed me that the loudest people balked or hated the idea that the Nightingale was a RE/100 and not a Master Grade. My thoughts were, "At last Bandai is making one and in at a reasonable price point."

That's my mindset as well. I don't mind the RE line. The Effreet is the first kit i actually want from it thought. But for people to not be happy with the Nightingale is a bit much. I also notice a correlation between the ones who complain about it with those who also complain about how expensive the kits are. So even if Bandai did release a MG of it, they'd still complain about the price. lol

RileyWarfield
May 12, 2016, 8:00 PM
That's my mindset as well. I don't mind the RE line. The Effreet is the first kit i actually want from it thought. But for people to not be happy with the Nightingale is a bit much. I also notice a correlation between the ones who complain about it with those who also complain about how expensive the kits are. So even if Bandai did release a MG of it, they'd still complain about the price. lol
That's very true. I can only imagine what those people said when the MG The O was released with it's $100 or greater price point.
The RE Efreet is pretty good so far. I am building it and I have no real complaints about it. Just few minor ones and those mostly are do to a lack cold blades for the heat swords, and only two sets of hands

Squee
July 30, 2016, 6:18 PM
When people don't post closeup pictures of their builds but expect praise for them. Of course it looks good from far away!

jackofspades
July 30, 2016, 6:45 PM
^good from far, far from good is what my friend use to say. But he was referring to females that he sees when he's out and about, lol.

Squee
July 30, 2016, 9:58 PM
Dudes in a fb group literally just flipped out that Derringer critiqued a build where they said "what do you think" Then the admin deleted the comments because they don't like them. I should add... circle jerks annoy the hell out of me lol Then the guy wants to enter the GBWC... You just lost it at constructive criticism from the guy who basically runs the US event.

gundammonkey
July 30, 2016, 10:03 PM
^ please tell me what you think of my work....but only if it is nice and I like it nothing bad...my feeling get hurt really easily.. I'm going to my safe space and will wait for your thoughts.
That is what they sound like to me. I agree with you Squee if you ask for a critique be ready for some good and bad. That's the whole point of a critique.

Squee
July 30, 2016, 10:17 PM
It wasn't even mean. He literally pointed out 2 issues, said the paint looks good from the angle the picture was taken from, and that's it. I am all for posting shots of the whole kit, but posting a picture like this and asking for opinions, what do you expect?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/Grifith/models/20160730_221413_zpshzmtmknz.jpg

You can't see any of the real work from that distance.

*thats just a snapped kit i grabbed for reference of the distance.

gundammonkey
July 30, 2016, 10:21 PM
It wasn't even mean. He literally pointed out 2 issues, said the paint looks good from the angle the picture was taken from, and that's it. I am all for posting shots of the whole kit, but posting a picture like this and asking for opinions, what do you expect?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/Grifith/models/20160730_221413_zpshzmtmknz.jpg

You can't see any of the real work from that distance.

*thats just a snapped kit i grabbed for reference of the distance.

Well the desk is nice and tidy, a good work space.... and the zoid it looks red and is that a dull silver.......

jackofspades
July 31, 2016, 11:35 AM
Monkey - got to clean out your inbox. Can't pm you anymore, lol.

Faust
December 5, 2018, 8:56 PM
Zeta Gundam sucks. I don't care what language it's in, or how many times I see it. It sucks.

Only Wing sucks worse, but moreso in English.

Reconguista in G is a mess, but is more beautiful and half as long (thus half as painful) as Zeta.

ZZ Gundam is actually kinda cool. Frustrating in spots, but not as self-absorbed as Zeta.

I love the ZZ and HATE both the Zeta and Hyaku Shiki.

Gold-plated (any colour plated, actually) kits are horrible and should be banned.

Clear kits/special versions are also dumb - they're kits, you're supposed to PAINT them.

Dragonar kits are better engineered and better looking than Zeta and ZZ kits. Truth.

I agree that Seed and Seed Destiny suck. Not as much as Zeta or Wing.

The God is the best looking suit in G Gundam. The Sombrero wearing Gundam is a close second.

Gundam makes TERRIBLE manga.

The Thunderbolt anime is annoying as hell. Great fight scenes ruined by screechy, overly-pretentious jazz. It makes the show the neck-bearded hipster of the Gundam world.

Phew, that's better.

gundammonkey
December 7, 2018, 10:36 AM
Sooooooo Faust please tell me how you really feel. LOL
At first I was all "What the Zeta is awesome!" Then I realized you were talking about the show. So OK I will give you that one. But for a Gundam the ZETA is pretty cool.