PDA

View Full Version : HG Transient Gundam (So Black) [Painted]

tried42long
August 30, 2015, 6:37 PM
So yeah, I finally finished my hand-painted Transient Gundam. Learned a lot during the whole process. Thanks for everyone for answering again a bunch of my stuff on the other subforum.:D First major mistake would be applying the second coat without much time after the first(caused gunky textures). That made me took a long break after just painting about 20% of it, lol. I also tried epoxy putty this time to hold the lance bits with some energy looking thing. I was trying to make it a smooth cylinder but it was hard sanding that shape/position I definitely need the right tools and patience when it comes to this stuff. It might be not the best paintjob, but it's still awesome for me.:D

Anyway, here are the pics. No other action poses as the the whole suit is kinda restricted with the left shoulder. And you can't pretty much do a lot of poses with the Transient Gundam. I probably also used too much black on the part above the waist.

http://imgur.com/a/Trxpq

Thanks for looking!:D

http://i.imgur.com/qGZPPoC.jpg

Lacus Prime
August 30, 2015, 9:23 PM
So it's like an evil Transient Gundam? I like it, I think the blue and black work well.

Nightchaser
August 30, 2015, 10:21 PM
Congrats, very nice color. What blue did you use? I love that blue, goes with the black. The "gunky texture" you mentioned, was it due to painting a new layer too soon or sanding? I thought it's due to insufficient sanding. It's really smooth and glossy.

tried42long
August 31, 2015, 2:44 AM
@Lacus Prime: Yeah, I kinda like a darker version of the Transient. Heck, I thought those were the Transient's shades when I first saw it in a pic(from ep. 13 of BFT). Then I realized it was all white which was boring.

@Nightchaser: Thanks, dude.:D I used Vallejo paints. It was a mix of Magic Blue, White, Metal Medium and Gloss Medium. The gunky texture was definitely caused by the second coat being applied too early. Vallejo paints have a somewhat rubbery feel and not really sandable compared to Tamiya acrylics that has that powdery feel.

Lacus Prime
August 31, 2015, 6:17 AM
How would it look like if the eyes were painted red?

tried42long
August 31, 2015, 8:21 AM
It was actually kinda fun to paint the eyes and red would make it look badass. It's really hard to see the eyes on the pics, but it's color blue with grey on the face. My camera can't focus on really close stuff.

Lacus Prime
August 31, 2015, 10:01 AM
I've long since associated red eyes on mechs as evil, thanks to Transformers where Decepticon eyes were traditionally colored red.

Dlinker
August 31, 2015, 11:39 AM
I think you did great job on it. The paint finish doesn't look bad at all considering the issues you ran into. My only critique would be to trim the safety nubs on the v-fin, haha.

tried42long
August 31, 2015, 3:17 PM
I think you did great job on it. The paint finish doesn't too bad at all considering the issues you ran into. My only critique would be to trim the safety nubs on the v-fin, haha.
Thanks, dude. I appreciate it.:D

Oh yes! Those darn safety nubs, haha. I'll get those things on future projects.

Kirky82
August 31, 2015, 11:54 PM
Man that looks evil.

tried42long
September 3, 2015, 9:14 AM
Man that looks evil.
Thanks, dude. :D I was going for the corrupt/evil look, and I think the part from the Dark Matter Booster really added up with the colors.