PDA

View Full Version : IndustryStandard's Build(s)

IndustryStandard
August 18, 2015, 8:53 PM
Recap from my introduction:

I've neglected gunpla for ~18 years (since 6th grade), so it's like getting into something completely new again.

Since I don't really have any worthwhile stash to display, which consists of an HG Hell Custom missing the V-fin and two large guns of unknown origin, this thread will only be new builds. It'll likely be neglected, then see a flurry of posts, then neglected again. Like my abusive relationship with fried chicken.

P.S. - Visit an official Gundam shop if you ever have a chance. The endless shelves of SD kits and the 6ft tall displays reminded me of the sweet, carefree days of my childhood, beckoning a nostalgic tear, then immediately assaulted my wallet with the fury of unbridled crack addiction.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first build after returning to gunpla is the MG 1/100 Sinanju Stein Ver Ka. I love the lines on this build, particularly the torso and legs. However, the head was a bit plain for me, especially in certain lights, so I did some minor hand painting. Since I only had cutters, very rough files, and a knife until far into the build, there are a boatload of imperfections. It's also unpainted (but lined), with a few exceptions. I did spray a matte top coat on, so it doesn't have the weird glare of a completely bare kit.

Through this build, I've learned a few things. Sanding is the truth, nothing wrong with a man buying a powder brush or nail buffing block, computer packaging foam is the jam, and Styrofoam meat trays are my friends.

The vast majority of time was spent on the onslaught of waterslide decals combined with my minor compulsion for symmetry. On the bright side, I've become very efficient with them, applying at a few a minute. Bring on the decals, Katoki, you son of a bitch.

NOTE: Boring build pics right over here (http://imgur.com/a/WV0LG).

thwalker13
August 19, 2015, 7:47 AM
You sure did a great job on that Stein man. I certainly cannot wait to start mine.

IndustryStandard
August 19, 2015, 1:56 PM
Thanks man. I should have started back up with an HG to learn from mistakes, so I'll have to come back to another Stein in the future. One thing of note, I wish I had the foresight and ability to add a joint in the forearm since articulation there is pretty poor. For example, I don't have the shield equipped in those pictures because it would be rotated to a strange angle.