PDA

View Full Version : NJtricker609's Completed Okinawa Builds.

NJtricker609
August 11, 2015, 6:49 AM
Hello everyone! I figured instead of bombarding the forums with my work and also considering I have a huge backlog of un-posted pieces; I'd just consolidate them all here! I don't want to flood the thread with pictures so I'll start with one of my recent works. I apologize for the bad photos. I havent had a chance to do a legit photo-shoot with this build yet...Anyway!

MG Hi-Nu Ver. Ka.

"Hi-Knight"

So i bought th is kit on an impulse at a local Mall here in Okinawa. I picked it up for about $42 US. It was a steal. I was back and forth between this and the normal Nu Ver. Ka. But im glad i picked this one first. It was the first Ver Ka kit I've built since my old old old MG Wing Zero Ver. Ka. So it was great to see how much the Tech has improved in the Katoki area.

I absolutely love how it came out. I have a pretty good flow chart of the events that led to this kit coming together that can be viewed more here..
Initial Out of Box Assembly 1 (http://imgur.com/a/4trua#LMRfowV)
Initial Out of Box Assembly 2 (http://imgur.com/a/0ADip#tfBXWnW)
Painting, Detailing, and Construction (http://imgur.com/a/Pu25I#LBtMFIE)
Final Assembly and Decals (http://imgur.com/a/LI5wI)

I don't know what it is with me and White/Gold paint schemes but i just LOVE it. I think it looks so good on Gundams. My Unicorn, Wing Zero, Exia, 00 Raiser, and Fenice Rinascita all have similar paint schemes and i don't care one bit. They all look great.

This was the longest I've ever spent on a build by far. I wanted everything to be perfect. If some paint didn't cover a part all the way, i completely stripped it and restarted. 100% water-slides. Hand painted detailing. Masking parts that moved or had major connection points. It was exhausting but worth while. I'm so proud of it.

But at the same time it makes me hate my old custom kits more. It makes me wish i had put this much effort into them. But oh well, maybe one day I'll fix those mistakes.

As for now, enjoy the pictures!

rockpopandchips
August 11, 2015, 12:00 PM
Oooh he is very nice great job.

Zaku
August 11, 2015, 2:33 PM
The gold frame reminds me of the strike freedom and I cant say im a fan of the strike freedom but I do love the Hi Nu. So I cant say im a fan of the colors but the work you did is very high quality. Very nicely done.

XXXG-01H
August 11, 2015, 7:02 PM
I like the Hi-Nu because he looks very regal. The white and gold color scheme makes him look more so.

thwalker13
August 12, 2015, 9:30 AM
This looks great man! The Hi-Nu in all white looks really damn good. And that gold inner frame makes it all that much better. Great job!

NJtricker609
August 14, 2015, 8:37 AM
The gold frame reminds me of the strike freedom and I cant say im a fan of the strike freedom but I do love the Hi Nu. So I cant say im a fan of the colors but the work you did is very high quality. Very nicely done.

Well thank you. I have my moments where i hate and love Strike. I didn't want a bright flashy frame so i opted for a flatter gold. I think it worked nicely.

I like the Hi-Nu because he looks very regal. The white and gold color scheme makes him look more so.

Thanks! I agree. I absolutely LOVE his Head design. Its one of the sleekest i've seen.

This looks great man! The Hi-Nu in all white looks really damn good. And that gold inner frame makes it all that much better. Great job!

Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

So in between my newer projects and kits, I decided i might as well share some of my older works. So to start it out I figured i'd go to the extreme opposite of the nice white Hi-Nu....

MG Deathscythe EW

"Deathscythe Inferno"

Meet 1 of 5 of my EW Gundam Set. MG Deathscythe Inferno. He was actually the 2nd one i purchased of the 5, however he is by far the darkest of them . I've always loved Deathscythe, nearly as much a Zero. So when i was able to get my hands on this kit i was floored. I absolutely love the Katoki designs of the Wings suits.

But he wasn't dark enough. Not compared to his TV or Movie counterparts. I think it was the White head...

Anyway, i wanted to make him deep, dark, and disturbed. It was also to cover up some damage my dog had inflicted on the kit..You can still see some of it on the Buster Shield near the top :/ Oh well. Life goes on!

I think Flat Black is a must-have for any Deathscythe Kit; Especially his upgraded "Hell" version. This was my first time hand-brushing a new Metallic Red i had bought. Sure i couldve done WAY better but whatever. It was my best at the time and that's all that matters.

The detailing and decals made a huge difference on this guy. I know they're Zeon logos but they fit him sooooo well. As do the Rose Gold chains i found at the hardware store. I feel like it just gives him a very "bound in Hell" kind of look.

So that's really it! It was a fun build and i absolutely love how the whole kit came together. I think this color scheme fits him better than the weird dark blue, white, and yellow. Hope you all enjoy!

I also have some albums of the build process and a larger final photo-shoot after completion below...

Building Process (http://imgur.com/a/6Ruw5)
Final Photo-Shoot (http://imgur.com/a/fCtn7#urrlYm7)

Dlinker
August 14, 2015, 11:02 AM
Now that is one sweet Deathscythe. Love the paint job, color choices, and that chain.

XXXG-01H
August 15, 2015, 3:57 AM
Well thank you. I have my moments where i hate and love Strike. I didn't want a bright flashy frame so i opted for a flatter gold. I think it worked nicely.

Thanks! I agree. I absolutely LOVE his Head design. Its one of the sleekest i've seen.

Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

So in between my newer projects and kits, I decided i might as well share some of my older works. So to start it out I figured i'd go to the extreme opposite of the nice white Hi-Nu....

MG Deathscythe EW

"Deathscythe Inferno"

Meet 1 of 5 of my EW Gundam Set. MG Deathscythe Inferno. He was actually the 2nd one i purchased of the 5, however he is by far the darkest of them . I've always loved Deathscythe, nearly as much a Zero. So when i was able to get my hands on this kit i was floored. I absolutely love the Katoki designs of the Wings suits.

But he wasn't dark enough. Not compared to his TV or Movie counterparts. I think it was the White head...

Building Process (http://imgur.com/a/6Ruw5)
Final Photo-Shoot (http://imgur.com/a/fCtn7#urrlYm7)

I'm kind of hit or miss on the Katoki redesigns myself. Like, I LOVE Heavyarms and Sandrock, but the others are kinda meh. I think Wing would have been so much better if those big wings actually opened and closed as opposed to just being kind of "out there" but that's just me.

And I agree with you about Deathscythe's white head - why he has a white head is beyond me. Should I ever desire to get that kit, the white head and midnight blue plastic will be the first things to go. Second would be modifying those pointy elf shoes...

I do love how you did this build though, especially the added detail of the chain around the beam scythe handle. Gives him that extra boost of badass. :)

thwalker13
August 16, 2015, 5:59 PM
I love everything that you did here, the colors, the chains. Everything! Amazing work!

NJtricker609
August 17, 2015, 10:29 PM
Now that is one sweet Deathscythe. Love the paint job, color choices, and that chain.

Well thank you! Yeah, im very very happy with the chain =)

I'm kind of hit or miss on the Katoki redesigns myself. Like, I LOVE Heavyarms and Sandrock, but the others are kinda meh. I think Wing would have been so much better if those big wings actually opened and closed as opposed to just being kind of "out there" but that's just me.

And I agree with you about Deathscythe's white head - why he has a white head is beyond me. Should I ever desire to get that kit, the white head and midnight blue plastic will be the first things to go. Second would be modifying those pointy elf shoes...

I do love how you did this build though, especially the added detail of the chain around the beam scythe handle. Gives him that extra boost of badass. :)

Funny story. If you take some time to modify the Wing, they actually open up qute nicely: http://imgur.com/CdYBmc0

It makes the whole kit seem sooooo much bigger and more pose-able. I personally love all the re-designs. Even if some are bland, its better than the TV version IMO.

I love everything that you did here, the colors, the chains. Everything! Amazing work!

Thanks =)

XXXG-01H
August 18, 2015, 4:21 AM
Funny story. If you take some time to modify the Wing, they actually open up qute nicely: http://imgur.com/CdYBmc0

Yeah that... is beyond my experience at the moment, lol.

futabaaoi
August 18, 2015, 7:30 AM
Those chains really look like they have been there all along pn the Deathscythe. Which is pretty cool.

It makes the whole kit seem sooooo much bigger and more pose-able. I personally love all the re-designs. Even if some are bland, its better than the TV version IMO.

I think you have bigger appreciation for that kit then I did. I still prefer the Okawara one after building both. But I do like the Katoki designs and Okawara designs about the same.

NJtricker609
August 23, 2015, 9:10 PM
Yeah that... is beyond my experience at the moment, lol.

haha than practice man! Its all pretty easy stuff

Those chains really look like they have been there all along pn the Deathscythe. Which is pretty cool.

I think you have bigger appreciation for that kit then I did. I still prefer the Okawara one after building both. But I do like the Katoki designs and Okawara designs about the same.

I hear ya. I wish they would make a TV version MG of the Hell. It would be awesommmeeee

XXXG-01H
August 24, 2015, 3:13 AM
I second this! Hell, they should do all the TV version gundams from Wing in MG scale. The Okawara Deathscythe Hell is probably one of my all-time favorite suits. His version of Altron was awesome too. But really, I'm surprised a proper version of Wing Zero hasn't been done yet...

NJtricker609
August 24, 2015, 8:50 AM
I second this! Hell, they should do all the TV version gundams from Wing in MG scale. The Okawara Deathscythe Hell is probably one of my all-time favorite suits. His version of Altron was awesome too. But really, I'm surprised a proper version of Wing Zero hasn't been done yet...

See i hated Altron lol I prefer the Katoki Design over the Okawara. However i do wish they would have kept the MG GOL Altron release a thing instead of changing it to the Movie Design. But oh well. I'll still buy it!

futabaaoi
August 24, 2015, 9:09 AM
I think they should finish up the hgac 1/144 gundam wing kits since they are Okawara ones anyhow, but I do not imagine that happening ,lol.
An HGAC Deathscythe Hell or whatever HGAC would be really awesome though. I do not want to ever build the NG one ever again. I am surprised they have not done the grunt suits from GoL yet.