PDA

View Full Version : Yaj Sitruc's Builds

Yaj Sitruc
July 31, 2015, 3:07 PM
Hello!

I have recently just picked up the hobby of Gunpla and will post my completed builds here. I hope this will also serve as a visual tracker of my skill progression.

Please feel free to leave a comment or tip!

Without further delay lets start with my first ever Gunpla model:

GUNPLA Model #1: HG 034 MS-06FS Garma Zabi's Zaku II, 1/144 scale

Date Completed: 07/17/2015

Tools used: Nippers, Hobby Knife

I picked up this Zaku at my local hobby store for $5.00!
Being a fan of the Gundam universe I decided to take a chance and see if I would like building one.
Needless to say once I snapped it together I was hooked. There are some nub marks on him and he isn't paneled lined but I still think it was a good first attempt!

After buying and building him I bought a Tamiya basic tool set, three Gundam Markers (GM01, GM02, GM03) and a second model.

- - - Updated - - -

GUNPLA Model #2: HGAC XXXG-01W Wing Gundam, 1/144 scale

Date Completed: 07/25/2015

Tools used: Nippers, Hobby Knife, Metal File, Tweezers, Gundam Markers

Being a fan of Gundam Wing I knew my next model would be the iconic suit itself.
This one took me a lot less time to assemble (about 3 hours).
I am starting to get the hang of nub management, clipping away from the part and filing the nubs as well as using my Gundam Markers to panel line the details. I am also glad I got some tweezers! Those little stickers would have given me trouble if I had just used my hands...

I can't wait to start on my next model, HG Gundam Astray Red Frame, 1/144 scale!

Allelujah
July 31, 2015, 4:57 PM
quick tip: take your time building your models. I know 3 hours is a quite a long time, but taking your sweet time to build a model would make a huge difference.

Dlinker
July 31, 2015, 6:23 PM
You have a good start so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your work. You think you'll be leaning towards painted builds in the future?

Dark Matter Dynames
July 31, 2015, 7:45 PM
Nice work on the Wing Gundam. It's one of those kits that goes from meh to amazing with just a little bit of lining.

Plamobot
July 31, 2015, 7:56 PM
Yeah, that Wing looks tight!