PDA

View Full Version : CJ's Custom Painted MG Exia

CJohnson
May 26, 2015, 2:51 AM
So first off, I welcome you to this humble hobbyists thread in which after buying the Mg Exia kit a month ago I have finally "finished" it. (let's be honest, I don't know the meaning of the word, finished)

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share the work I did. I hope you enjoy looking at it as I did building it.

Thank you!

PS: not all the Img's loaded, does anybody know why?

Kenico
May 26, 2015, 3:16 AM
Whelp, You've got me with the paint job. Love those colors, especially on the Exia so points to you on that :D

and welcome friend!

RAMIREN
May 26, 2015, 6:06 AM
The colours look great, the coverage however let's it down. Some areas seem a little thicker than others and you have some bleeding on your panel lines. Was this hand painted?

CJohnson
May 26, 2015, 7:37 AM
The colours look great, the coverage however let's it down. Some areas seem a little thicker than others and you have some bleeding on your panel lines. Was this hand painted?

Yeah it was hand painted. I think the biggest problem I had with this wasn't the kit, or the paints itself. It was my impatience. I really rushed the painting part so I could assemble the kit so the paint wasn't a 100% dry.

Looking back, this was a experiment, and a test of my physical skill. I normally do this on the computer with Maya, and Photoshop. Painting with real paints and thinner...ooh boy did I learn a lot and then some.

I still need to get the ratio down to get that perfect consistency (2 percent milk seems too thin for white/ 10% grey paint but cream is too thick) for the paint itself, and not to use black primer on parts I'm going to have light colors on.
Also never flat(read as matte finish) top coat a chrome painted object... water-slide decals still to this day are my bane.

Kenico
May 26, 2015, 8:01 AM
I know EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN FRIEND! :D

I did the exact same mistakes as well so you're not alone :3

noble6956
May 26, 2015, 5:18 PM
Sexy colors :)