PDA

View Full Version : MG Dual Saber Qan{t} Custom



WolfManGarcia
May 17, 2015, 2:39 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to share my last completed project. I wrapped it up about January, after a little 6 month break. I'm please with the paint scheme and my first run at custom pla-plating (shoulders) and use of actual resin conversion kit. Pics are from camera phone, so excuse the lack of hi-res. Thanks.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/WolfmanGarcia/5a6e04d1-33bf-448d-ba1e-7c6054ec66da_zpsq9tgpjdh.jpg (http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/WolfmanGarcia/media/5a6e04d1-33bf-448d-ba1e-7c6054ec66da_zpsq9tgpjdh.jpg.html)
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/WolfmanGarcia/1814ed1d-625d-458e-ac87-47050a0e68a2_zpsyq1y5ivh.jpg (http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/WolfmanGarcia/media/1814ed1d-625d-458e-ac87-47050a0e68a2_zpsyq1y5ivh.jpg.html)
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/WolfmanGarcia/20150306_111549_zpsydblated.jpg (http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/WolfmanGarcia/media/20150306_111549_zpsydblated.jpg.html)
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/WolfmanGarcia/20150306_105651_zpspmx9suzo.jpg (http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/WolfmanGarcia/media/20150306_105651_zpspmx9suzo.jpg.html)
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/WolfmanGarcia/20150306_111406_zps90nu5jhg.jpg (http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/WolfmanGarcia/media/20150306_111406_zps90nu5jhg.jpg.html)
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/WolfmanGarcia/20150306_110159_zps4ooqiism.jpg (http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/WolfmanGarcia/media/20150306_110159_zps4ooqiism.jpg.html)

thwalker13
May 18, 2015, 7:58 AM
Very good work on this man. I love the coloring, and the added weapons make the Quanta look super menacing.

Kenico
May 18, 2015, 8:00 AM
1: Holy crap that looks mean...and I mean that lovingly :D

2: how did you do the double mounting rig on the back?

WolfManGarcia
May 18, 2015, 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone!

Kenico: It took some work. Since the kit is intended to only mount over the right shoulder. I had to cut and rotate the second bracket to mirror over the left side. I basically cut at each angle of the arm and did a 180; some did require filling in with putty to close the gaps. I cut into the backpack to create another notch for the arm to hook into. I have a little Dremmel drill with sanding discs which made the process easier. One issue with the resin was the peg that connected the sword to the arm; but I found some polycap pegs that fit perfectly. This gives a little more durability and movement. Overall, it was tedious but came together nicely.

Gouf
May 18, 2015, 9:20 PM
That really is quite nice. Wonderful choice of colors.

Harlock
January 27, 2016, 9:01 AM
The symmetry and paint job is well done.

rockpopandchips
January 27, 2016, 1:06 PM
Very nice build, really like the colours you have used.