PDA

View Full Version : HGUC Gundam F-91 Completed; full paint and detailing

Faust
May 7, 2015, 9:06 PM
Ever since I first saw the F-91 Gundam, Iíve wanted a kit of it. Back when I didnít know much about Gundam, I just thought it looked so lean and mean, like a cross between a Valkyrie and the old Gundam. I never got the old 1/100 kit, and I was hoping for something in the HGUC line.

I managed to get one of the HGUC F-91s, and just got it done. Man, itís a fun kit, but it sure is small! I canít believe the amount of stuff they can cram in the 1/144 Gundams now. Iím surprised they havenít tried a Real Grade of it yet, but maybe that would be a bit much. I havenít built the V-Gundam yet, but I do have it. I hope it is as good as this one; itís about as small!

Check out my finished F-91 here:

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/mecha-robots/bandai-hguc-1144-gundam-f-91/

Grime90Deuce
May 7, 2015, 9:33 PM
Very nice! The thick/dark panel lines and white body give it a really cartoony/anime-feel. I really like it!

thehod
May 8, 2015, 12:34 PM
I love the work you did especially on the beam shield.

tried42long
May 8, 2015, 2:47 PM
The paint job looks really clean. Those panel lines, especially on the mega-launcher, somewhat me remind of Borderlands.:D

Faust
May 9, 2015, 6:52 AM
Thanks, guys!

I always try to build my Gundams as if they are 3D animes. I don't know how else to describe it, but that's why I use the thicker marker and bold colours, with no aging. On other mech kits, I'll go for a realistic feel (like Valkyries, especially), but for the Gundams, it's heavy lines all the way!

Thanks for the compliments on the beam sheild too. I love beam accessories, and once you put a bit of work in them, they can be made to look less like a toy's accessory!